Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-11-2016, 02:53 PM   #1
Shaiyanna
Starter Motor

Default 2008 Ford Focus Wheel Bearing

I ordered a new wheel bearing hub online for my 2008 Focus hatch. The seller told me it would fit 2001 to 2008 but when it arrived it was a 4 stud. My car has a 5 stud hub. Most places I've Googled say the Focus is 4 stud, but I'm guessing at some point it changed. Can anyone tell me definitively what years had 4 and what years had 5? An hour on the internet has only confused things. I am now faced with selling the incorrect 4 stud hub as it is going to be too much expense and hassle to return it overseas where it come from (parts from the US were a lot cheaper than buying them here in Aus).
Shaiyanna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #2
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 
Default Re: 2008 Ford Focus Wheel Bearing

LR Focus had 4 stud.

LS onwards (late 2005 - ) has 5 stud.

If buying parts from overseas for your 2008 Focus, they need to come from the UK. The 2008 Focus in America is a different platform.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2016, 09:27 PM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2008 Ford Focus Wheel Bearing

Part number for 5 stud front wheel hub/bearing assembly for LS built from 1/1/2005 is 3M51 2C300 CH, about $230 from Ford.

The earlier 4 stud hub fitted to the 2002 to 2004 LR is a entirely different system, the hub is separate to the bearing and retainer. The hub is 5N11 1104 AA (no bearing), the bearing kit which consists of a bearing (not hub which is separate) a snap ring and hub nut is 98AX 1K018 BB.

Hope this helps you..
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post