Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-11-2015, 08:36 PM   #31
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Default Re: Rare Ferrari Stolen From Melbourne

I understand that murderers, rapists, pedos et al all are sick in some way or another, but how do you describe people who carry out such a senseless act like this? I just don't understand. What kind of a gratification do they get out of it? Some kind of peverse thrill? Far out... the genetic variation across humans is astounding.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2015, 09:23 PM   #32
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The bush around Bundaberg in the eighties used to be full of burned out cars. Pretty sure most of them weren't there for the fun of it...they'd obviously been complete when burned. And that's a country rural town.

Car thieves don't think like human beings...in fact I saw an article on theft in an old Wheels magazine that said if you own something special and it was stolen, then you'd probably prefer it was taken by pros rather than just joy riders. Pros will look after a car, usually stolen to order, and if you get it back it's usually in good condition. Joy riders will usually burn out the car once they've had their "fun" or cut it up and sell it for parts.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2015, 07:54 AM   #33
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Car thieves don't think like human beings...in fact I saw an article on theft in an old Wheels magazine that said if you own something special and it was stolen, then you'd probably prefer it was taken by pros rather than just joy riders. Pros will look after a car, usually stolen to order, and if you get it back it's usually in good condition. Joy riders will usually burn out the car once they've had their "fun" or cut it up and sell it for parts.
There has always been typically two types of car theives. Joy riders are the worse and these guys usually only know the basics can be be deterred with immobilisers/alarms. These cars end up stripped of a couple of parts then burned.

You are right regarding the pro's. They target a car that they need. They will go for a car that they have a parts order or international buyer.

I see now the shop has upgraded to CCTV, etc. A bit late!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #34
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
I believe that's true, in the early 2000's I woke up to a phone call from the police telling me my collectible old Falcon was found, as I didn't know it was even stolen (went to sleep with the car in my driveway), one look outside the window quickly told me it was no joke. They found it as a result of getting suspicious when seeing it in a side suburban street with someone working on it at night (putting on new throttle pedals which i purchased for it and kept in the car). The new pedals were put on, car was washed and vacuumed (spotless) and a new stereo head unit (existing one was also in the glovebox) was installed. When questioned, the person said he was fixing it for his mate, but upon the cops asking his mate's name he had no idea

This bloke was no joy rider, he wanted to keep it for himself . I was very thankful to find it in better condition than I had kept it though.

Last edited by PridenJoy; 10-11-2015 at 03:40 PM.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2015, 06:28 PM   #35
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post
I believe that's true, in the early 2000's I woke up to a phone call from the police telling me my collectible old Falcon was found, as I didn't know it was even stolen (went to sleep with the car in my driveway), one look outside the window quickly told me it was no joke. They found it as a result of getting suspicious when seeing it in a side suburban street with someone working on it at night (putting on new throttle pedals which i purchased for it and kept in the car). The new pedals were put on, car was washed and vacuumed (spotless) and a new stereo head unit (existing one was also in the glovebox) was installed. When questioned, the person said he was fixing it for his mate, but upon the cops asking his mate's name he had no idea

This bloke was no joy rider, he wanted to keep it for himself . I was very thankful to find it in better condition than I had kept it though.
I hope you payed the good bloke for his labour
Old 10-11-2015, 09:15 PM   #36
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99AUXR View Post
I hope you payed the good bloke for his labour
Couldn't get to him, he was in lock up.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2015, 05:55 PM   #37
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
He'll be out before the car gets restored.

Lets hope his cell-mate was kicked-out and banned from the Hells Angels for being too violent and he's old-school Italian with a passion for classic cars.
With an insatiable appetite for all things 'amourous'

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #38
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/pa...09-gwo28v.html

6 years with a 4 year minimum

The Saudi way would have been better.
5 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2017, 08:36 PM   #39
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/pa...09-gwo28v.html

6 years with a 4 year minimum

The Saudi way would have been better.
Thanks for the update Bill. We often get outraged at such things but rarely find out how they ended.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #40
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS View Post
Mind you theres always an upside...least it wasnt an XYGT or similar. ok off to the naughty corner i go...
You want to compare a Daytona to a tarred up compact,
Amazing
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post