Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-08-2017, 11:37 PM   #31
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Sydney All Ford Day - Eastern Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
bingo

sooks will always sook

day is what you make of it
I did not notice your car there, I am guessing you did not even attend the event, so you are commenting on something and passing judgement over people who went out of their way to attend the event without having a clue what you are even talking about.

Pretty hard to make something of a day when the show is held in a rubbish dump, and parking is a 20-30 minute walk from where you park your car in a dust bowl, and you can't even get to feed your family for under $70 after paying $40 at the gate, and we are talking cold chips and microwave burgers

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-08-2017, 12:13 AM   #32
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
I did not notice your car there, I am guessing you did not even attend the event, so you are commenting on something and passing judgement over people who went out of their way to attend the event without having a clue what you are even talking about.

Pretty hard to make something of a day when the show is held in a rubbish dump, and parking is a 20-30 minute walk from where you park your car in a dust bowl, and you can't even get to feed your family for under $70 after paying $40 at the gate, and we are talking cold chips and microwave burgers
Hey Mike, I liked the video you put together, but I was put off by your negative comments at the start. Someone clicks on the video to see Fords at the AFD, they're not really interested in that side of things. It ruined the video for me a bit.

Anyway, I'd like you to keep doing your videos, but maybe keep it impartial to the management side of things? They had to find a venue large enough as to what they could afford... I went to the AFD in Qld, displayed one of my Fords, yes there were down sides to the experience, but all in all I took it for what it was.
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2017, 02:36 AM   #33
snap0964
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
sooks will always sook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallye Sport View Post
Man up. After that pack a sandwich.
It was inevitable the trolls would come out ^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I was put off by your negative comments at the start. Someone clicks on the video to see Fords at the AFD, they're not really interested in that side of things. It ruined the video for me a bit.
Thing is though it would be good to see this event grow and get better, without this type of feedback, that won't happen.
There's no doubt that a change of venue is essential - challenge is though to find somewhere big enough and cost effective, I think the organisers need to go out to those who displayed/attended for feedback/suggestions. Simplest way probably is via the AFD website.
snap0964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #34
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

I displayed this year, & the last time i displayed was 2012 (the 1st year they moved to wsid). It was a good turn out, i cant comment on line ups and food prices as i took a small gas cooker and some snags, it is what it is, a display of Ford Vehicles from past and present. There is no way i would display every year as i find the 6-7 hours a little tedious, as there is only so many slow laps you can do of the place. However i understand that for some they love the annual display and catching up with friends/ club members etc. I don't think the venue is too bad, i hope it continues to grow in the future. For me personally, i will continue to attend each year but probably as a spectator. I have attended every Sydney AFD for the last 13 years and have displayed 3 times.

Last edited by Mont5.0; 05-08-2017 at 08:10 AM.
Mont5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #35
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Hey Mike, I liked the video you put together, but I was put off by your negative comments at the start. Someone clicks on the video to see Fords at the AFD, they're not really interested in that side of things. It ruined the video for me a bit.

Anyway, I'd like you to keep doing your videos, but maybe keep it impartial to the management side of things? They had to find a venue large enough as to what they could afford... I went to the AFD in Qld, displayed one of my Fords, yes there were down sides to the experience, but all in all I took it for what it was.
I have never been one to sugar coat the truth, no point lying about something to make someone that is unable to do their job feel better about themselves.

If people would let people know that what they did is just not good enough then may be they will strive to better themselves. If we accept poor quality as normal all we ever get is poor quality.

I have been attending that event for 20 years and have displayed cars there countless times, it is what it is. and this was the worst most poorly run event I have veer been to ever and I have been to many.

I have attended the Qld event and it is a far better event than the NSW one, and I will be attending the QLD one next year, and will most likely be displaying 2-3 cars at that event as well as running the drags if it's still on.

There are plenty of venues large enough, they did not have to hold it in a rubbish tip (literally), and if they had such a large venue why did they only have TWO people collecting money at a snails pace?

Why were people not told that no EftPost was available before embarking on a 20 minute walk from the car park to the ticket office, only to have to walk 20 minutes back to their car as they did not have cash on them, and I personally saw this happen in front of me. I am certain those people did not walk 20 minutes back then drove away to get cash and returned, I actually doubt those people will ever be back.

The event has been running for decades and has slowly but surly been going down hill, each year you get less for more, when in all reality it should be getting better. There used to be famous racing drivers there, we used to have race cars on display, there used to be kids rides, kids entertainment, pony rides, half way decent food etc etc. like I said get less and pay more all while walking around a rubbish tip.

Even a Bunnings style Sausage sizzle charging $5 for a sausage sanga would be preferable to what was there and they would have made a killing.

We literally left at lunch time as we were starving as there was no even half way decent food available at anywhere near reasonable prices, as a matter of fact the prices were outrageous bordering on rude, for what was on offer.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 05-08-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #36
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have never been one to sugar coat the truth, no point lying about something to make someone that is unable to do their job feel better about themselves.

If people would let people know that what they did is just not good enough then may be they will strive to better themselves. If we accept poor quality as normal all we ever get is poor quality.

I have been attending that event for 20 years and have displayed cars there countless times, it is what it is. and this was the worst most poorly run event I have veer been to ever and I have been to many.

I have attended the Qld event and it is a far better event than the NSW one, and I will be attending the QLD one next year, and will most likely be displaying 2-3 cars at that event as well as running the drags if it's still on.

There are plenty of venues large enough, they did not have to hold it in a rubbish tip (literally), and if they had such a large venue why did they only have TWO people collecting money at a snails pace?

Why were people not told that no EftPost was available before embarking on a 20 minute walk from the car park to the ticket office, only to have to walk 20 minutes back to their car as they did not have cash on them, and I personally saw this happen in front of me. I am certain those people did not walk 20 minutes back then drove away to get cash and returned, I actually doubt those people will ever be back.

The event has been running for decades and has slowly but surly been going down hill, each year you get less for more, when in all reality it should be getting better. There used to be famous racing drivers there, we used to have race cars on display, there used to be kids rides, kids entertainment, pony rides, half way decent food etc etc. like I said get less and pay more all while walking around a rubbish tip.

Even a Bunnings style Sausage sizzle charging $5 for a sausage sanga would be preferable to what was there and they would have made a killing.

We literally left at lunch time as we were starving as there was no even half way decent food available at anywhere near reasonable prices, as a matter of fact the prices were outrageous bordering on rude, for what was on offer.
Have you sternly emailed the the AFD commitee and thrown your hat in the ring for helping out next year??
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2017, 04:57 PM   #37
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001 View Post
Coz when people spend 40K on a paint job alone and some loser tries to scratch it you can kill them on the spot!
I was referring to peterwl' s comment about car owners nowhere to be found.

I had a car entered and there is no way I am going to stand next to it for 6 hours just to answer questions from people.
noflac52 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2017, 07:34 PM   #38
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Have you sternly emailed the the AFD commitee and thrown your hat in the ring for helping out next year??
No, why should I?? I am a customer, ie a paying visitor to the show, and as such I expect it to be run in a manner that is appropriate and that want's me to get back in my car at 4:30am to drive three and a half hours down to Sydney next year with a pocket full of hard earned to spend.

If I go to a restaurant I expect service and decent food, if I don't get it I don't go applying for a job there, I just go to another restaurant in the future.

If I wanted to run car shows then I would, but I don't, that does not mean people that do can do a crap job of it and then not expect to be criticised for doing a crap job.

Not sure how many Sydney All Ford Days you have been to, I have been attending the event since about 1986, often displaying cars, and it used to be a great event, not so any more.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 09-08-2017, 11:58 PM   #39
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Considering all the above here is a quick video, and yes you can see the rubbish tip towering over the show in a few of the shots..

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 13-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #40
Peterwl

Quote:
Considering all the above here is a quick video, and yes you can see the rubbish tip towering over the show in a few of the shots..

I could not help but notice from your video the absence of owners from the cars on display.

What a difference in the two events, a world apart yet, separated only by a fence !

The Shannons Classic is the biggest and best car show I have ever been to.

Owners of cars only too happy to talk to the public.

So much so, I was talking for some time to a retired gent who was the owner of a very nice 1992 Chevy Corvette 5.7 Manual.

The call then came over the PA for the Corvette Car Club to do a lap of the circuit. This gentlemen then astounded me when he asked if I wanted to jump in the passenger seat of his Vette and go for a lap.

I got in that seat very fast.

Very exciting, even in the passenger seat, he pushed in and out of corners and gave it a bit down the big straight. This thing was shod with 315 wide tyres all around, so it did handle. On the downside, it was a very noisy ride.

This unexpected pleasure made my day, week, year !

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2002 VX II Commodore Equipe 3.8 Auto
Peterwl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post