Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #31
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default Re: Lamborghini Urus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olbucko View Post
Even a poverty model Subaru Forrester would probably out perform the thing on a rough dirt track!
I am not so sure. Urus is based on the MLB platform, same as Cayenne and Bentayga. The latter of which is quite capable offroad, well a modest one. So the Urus has the hardware to do it if required.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:00 PM   #32
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olbucko View Post
Even a poverty model Subaru Forrester would probably out perform the thing on a rough dirt track!
Who cares though, it's a crappy Subaru.

I'm sure whoever buys one of these probably has a Range Rover or equivalent to off road in, along with probably 10 other more appropriate cars. No idea why anyone would take a Lambo off road, even one pretending to be an SUV.

Except rich oil shieks who hit the sand dunes in things like this.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #33
Olbucko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think anybody that wants to bash their Urus around in the bush has little sense and far too much money, they could take up a far cheaper hobby, like snorting coke.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #34
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

The name keeps making me think of Uranus, which always makes me think of all those butt jokes...

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #35
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think its more about Lambo having said we also have a SUV . Its a game played by all the marketing companys and supposedly it ends up enhancing the overall image of there client according to them.
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #36
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with everyone. This car doesn't suit what I want so it's awful and they shouldn't make it.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2017, 10:50 PM   #37
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Unhappy Re: Lamborghini Urus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
I agree with everyone. This car doesn't suit what I want so it's awful and they shouldn't make it.
It probably is a nice ride however it is the marketing BS from Lambo that a number of people (including me) can not put up with.

If they said “look we’ve got a vehicle which is 4 doors + hatch, handles like it is on rails, goes like stink, has great brakes, seats 4 + luggage, craps on 99.9% of sports cars, can roll over most speed humps, if you’re an A grade soccer player, drug dealer or just very rich then this is your Lambo... ”
Then they’d be on the right track!

Instead Lambo is trying to convince people the Ur-Anus is a viable off-road vehicle. The thing wouldn’t last 100km along some outback roads, mostly because it’s tyres would be shredded and shocks destroyed. There is a reason you don’t see Cayennes or Range Rovers off-road - but Lambo seems to be oblivious to the obvious.

They should sack their marketing team and remove the YouTube clips - start again. Oh and rename the thing, no one wants to be driving an Anus.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #38
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
It probably is a nice ride however it is the marketing BS from Lambo that a number of people (including me) can not put up with.

If they said “look we’ve got a vehicle which is 4 doors + hatch, handles like it is on rails, goes like stink, has great brakes, seats 4 + luggage, craps on 99.9% of sports cars, can roll over most speed humps, if you’re an A grade soccer player, drug dealer or just very rich then this is your Lambo... ”
Then they’d be on the right track!

Instead Lambo is trying to convince people the Ur-Anus is a viable off-road vehicle. The thing wouldn’t last 100km along some outback roads, mostly because it’s tyres would be shredded and shocks destroyed. There is a reason you don’t see Cayennes or Range Rovers off-road - but Lambo seems to be oblivious to the obvious.

They should sack their marketing team and remove the YouTube clips - start again. Oh and rename the thing, no one wants to be driving an Anus.
Pretty sure that RR and LR have a good offroad capability.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EQXismGViE
Old 15-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #39
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a beast. Would like to see one on the road, and even better - off road. Imagine seein that out the back of jenolan on the cowmung fire trail . Awesome.

The people that can afford these couldn’t give a toss about its off-road capabilities. If they want it they’ll buy it and it will be loose change. Have a look at what some of the worlds richest spend on food and wine entertaining for an evening, it would have paid for my FPV. I watched a show last week where a guy gave a mod shop a Bentley Continental because he wanted it transformed into an off-road weapon. The mind just boggles at some of the money out there.
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post