Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #121
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Mummy
just a shame they attract the lower class.
wow _

Well anyway this fashion thing, I don't understand it but nor do I care. I don't dress to impress, I wear what I personally like and not what some magazine or fashion label tells me to. Even though I'm in the "lower class" bracket, I do like to look good/respectable.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #122
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Default Fashion = the latest and most admired style in clothes and cosmetics and behavior

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
looks like this topic was meant to be about modern fashion and the understanding of it..
when i started to read this thread i thought i might get some ideas about todays fashion and see what people realy think of it ... but instead its turned in to war and personal criticisms. know whats wrong with guys wearing pink shirts i dont see anything wrong with it .... its personal choice .... i have a business shirt for work, an informal shirt, jumper with pink stripes, i was never called gay when i wore them, not by my freinds, at work even my girlfreind she turned around and said to me i like your pink shirt suites you................ now as far as social sorruoundings go the effect to an extend only non of my freinds have pink shirts and of them cant see himself wearing one although he said it looks nice on me "didnt say i was gay" know for some of you may this seems hard but wake up we'r in 2006 ............. now for not wearing pink shirts there is to be two reasons someone either doesnt like it or dont have confidence in them selfs and goin out there with your pink shirt. Pink doesnt mean gay anymore........ although i would stay away from hot pink generaly because it suites a girl better.................... and just for the record fashion was never meant to make sense.............. you get clothes in different desings and colors so its upto you how you want to wear it or not buy and wear it at all.................. and imo nor anyone has the right to critise and judge someone by what they are wearing. PINK is the current mode of dressing so get over it...................... ppl

"A fashion consists of a current (constantly changing) trend, favoured for frivolous rather than practical, logical, or intellectual reasons"

cheers
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 06:25 PM   #123
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
All the guys nowadays (of just about any age but usually under 30) who appear to be homosexual but are actually straight. They wear pink polo t-shirts with their collars up, large sunglasses, gel spiky hair or blow dried hair (i mean WTF blowdried hair on a male?), and usually some pair of $300 jeans with designer thongs or leather slides. My girlfriend and I can barley contain the laughter when one of these guys walks past. And I'm only 25!
HAHA LOL me and my mate were discussing this exact thing yesterday!
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #124
xr8chick
HSV - I Just Ate One!

ok the guys at my school are all with rap season and everything, pink shirts and everything. all the gurls go for that i rekon it makes em look like p**fs. i'm 14 i'd rather a guy who wears what a guy should be wearing, jeans that arent tighter than mine and a black or blue shirt i mean c'mon. i know all the things that you um 'older than me' people use to wear are coming back in but eye-liner on guys? barfing material. i just have to laugh at all of them really. i wouldn't spend over $40 on a piece of clothing. well maybe shoes but im a chik so there.
Old 19-02-2006, 01:03 PM   #125
nang3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8chick
....use to wear are coming back in but eye-liner on guys? barfing material. i just have to laugh at all of them really. i wouldn't spend over $40 on a piece of clothing. well maybe shoes but im a chik so there.
yeh guys wearing makeup = definite kakpipe cosmonaut tendencies !!! its just wrong on so many levels!!
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #126
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE_351
And whats the story when you go to a clothing outlet these days to buy an xxl or xxxl t-shirt? i'm 6"3' and trying on tee-o's these days is upsetting as the shirt just clears my belly button and thats a xxl shirt too. What ever happened to being comfortable in what you wear. I see dudes that look like that could hardly pull 6 breaths of air together as their "shirts" are to small. There i'm done.
Oh amen... i'm 6'2" and certainly by no stretch of the imagination overweight (anymore). Why is a 36" waist pants on someone that is my height considered XL or XXL?

Why is anything with the most common neck size of 42cm a L or XL surely this is medium by sheer defination?!
Old 19-02-2006, 01:37 PM   #127
xr8chick
HSV - I Just Ate One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nang3
yeh guys wearing makeup = definite kakpipe cosmonaut tendencies !!! its just wrong on so many levels!!
damn straight and im a teenager... SAYING THAT about my era of fashion like omg.
lol but nah its does look wrong on levels even though i have to admit my fave band (green day) wear eye liner but u know them punk rock yanky bands lol
Old 20-02-2006, 08:41 AM   #128
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

This is a trick question right?

It's not possible to understand that which does not exist.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #129
boss-290

I'm sick of looking at shirts that are nice, but when you try them on, they stick to your body. SORRY FOR HAVING A BEER GUT! :the_finge
Old 20-02-2006, 10:38 AM   #130
red_october
Go on, be a monkey....

The only reason why a polo shirt should be pink / salmon is when it's put in the wash with something red. Pink should be banned from all sorts of visible clothing.

And the only reason why you wear shirts with the collar up is when your mom uses too much starch on it.
red_october is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 09:24 PM   #131
Yummy Mummy

Just read this review about the Long Room in Melbourne (very opulent bar where I have far too many ИИИИtails on a Friday night) The review sums up the Melbourne male desire to wear pink t-shirts perfectly.

"If you are in Melbourne on a Friday night, head to the Long Room in the basement of Georges building, 162-168 Collins St.
But be warned, it is the place to be at the moment so the tip is to get there early (5pm) or you can expect long queues. but be warned: they have a dress code – and, boys, you won't be getting in here with a pink T-shirt. Only collared shirts are welcome."
Yummy Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #132
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

I can't be bothered going back thru the thread, so i'll just chuck my 2 cents in anyway.
I don't get modern fashion and i am of the age were i should. Seriously whats the deal with guys wearing pink shirts? C'mon! Also whats the deal with chick's sunglasses, is it cool to look bug-eyed?

Gimmie a comfy t-shirt/shirt with jeans any day.

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #133
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey_XF
I can't be bothered going back thru the thread, so i'll just chuck my 2 cents in anyway.
I don't get modern fashion and i am of the age were i should. Seriously whats the deal with guys wearing pink shirts? C'mon! Also whats the deal with chick's sunglasses, is it cool to look bug-eyed?

Gimmie a comfy t-shirt/shirt with jeans any day.
Pink Shirts, small rabbits... same opinion on both!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 01:04 AM   #134
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Mummy
Just read this review about the Long Room in Melbourne (very opulent bar where I have far too many ИИИИtails on a Friday night) The review sums up the Melbourne male desire to wear pink t-shirts perfectly.

"If you are in Melbourne on a Friday night, head to the Long Room in the basement of Georges building, 162-168 Collins St.
But be warned, it is the place to be at the moment so the tip is to get there early (5pm) or you can expect long queues. but be warned: they have a dress code – and, boys, you won't be getting in here with a pink T-shirt. Only collared shirts are welcome."
im sure a collared PINK shirt !!! will do...............
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 03:13 AM   #135
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now someone has revived this thread, I'm afriad I have given all the retro-sexuals out there a severe injustice. Only in my intoxicated condition can I admit that I have willfully peroxide blonded my hair. In my defence it was a tradition as a senior for King's college O-week, but I have been wearing massive aviators, and looking like I have been batting for the other side (mind you I have had on average 3x18 YO chicks trying to crack onto me each night of said week). As soon as my regrowth manages to reach a #4 cut, and I get onto this hot fresher I've been chasing, the hair will be gone, and I will hopefully rejoin the fold. And also please forgive the Taracash tee (OMG, it cost more than $20, what was I thinking???!!!!). Regretibly awaiting hangover and reprecussions,

Donno

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #136
Mk II

I like the male fashion at the moment, im not too keen on the pink shirt and pants around your knees, but everything else is pretty good.
I am known to spend $100 on a pair of shorts, $50 for a good polo or tee shirt and around $200 for good shoes.
I had my formal last year and spent $400 dollars on a shirt, nice dress pants and shoes.
I am also in love with pinstripes and am so pleased they are back in fashion!!
Mk II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #137
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Pink Shirts, small rabbits... same opinion on both!
I like your point of view, or your view from the point!

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 08:36 PM   #138
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My favorite fashion item is the jeans lower than the hips with the undies showing at the top. I also like the baseball cap on side ways and the big chain hanging from the pants. Yeah that's a fashion statement.

If people want to spend thousands on clothes to look good, then good luck. I'm sure you have someone to impress, or a statement to make (Look, I just paid $200 for a shirt you just paid $30 for. It has a lable baby) I dress for comfort. Shorts and T-Shirts. Only time I wear pants and a shirt is in winter, or to a meeting. Otherwise, its comfort zone all the way. Daggy yes. But I save a lot from buying $5 T-Shirts and wearing them until the holes get to big.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #139
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

The "jeans lower than the hips with the undies showing at the top" is the most dreadful, awful, stupid look I have ever seen.....young Australians have a ИИИИ poor fashion sense, IMO of course...That look is just so rediculous it is undescribable....most of my mates agree......

I have to ask WHY???? Why the hell do you want your undies showing??? Your jeans lower than your hips???...I CRINGE every time I see a bloke with that look.....

EDIT: I just realised there was a hint of sarcasm in your last post (I HOPE!) but my statement still stands.....gimme shorts and tshirt any day, unless im going out or whatever then sure Ill dress better....
Old 22-03-2006, 01:50 PM   #140
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman
I have to ask WHY???? Why the hell do you want your undies showing??? Your jeans lower than your hips???...I CRINGE every time I see a bloke with that look.....
One random night out I had a chick tell me she reckoned that looked hot. I'm hoping she was being sarcastic for the sake of what little faith I have left in finding the right one of her species.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post