Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-03-2006, 02:00 PM   #1
djmaker

Default ef and el???

Sorry for the noobie question but whats the diffrent features between the ef and el??? engine and interior wise...

Thanx

djmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaker
Sorry for the noobie question but whats the diffrent features between the ef and el??? engine and interior wise...

Thanx
Engines in the EL stayed the same from memory, 157 for standard I6 4.0, Fairmont Ghia with tickford motor was 162, 5 litre v8 ghia was 165.. can't recall xr figures, was similar though. Interior, the ghia got full leather instead of velour/leather combo (which i'd prefer after having the EL). Bonnet grill is slightly different (closed on EF GLi, open oval on EL GLi), ghia bonnet grill bigger and chromed on EL fairmont & ghia. Thicker window glass in the EL, better smash resistance and lower road noise. EL dash numerals italicised and bigger than EF numerals, wheels different patterns.

Check my signature below for a pic of an EL Ghia with AUII XR8's on it.

If you're looking at an EF, EL, go for a ghia or an xr8. (or a ghia v8) :P
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 02:40 PM   #3
djmaker

i wish i had the $$$ for a ghia but in reality i plan on buying a car within end of may as thats when im turning 18... and ill have around 5k around that time... so yeah i am yet to see any fairmont ghias that are for 5k... so more then likley ill be going with either a ef falcon or el falcon.... unless a cheap xr6 or xr8 comes along just like that eb xr8 that was posted here im just a lil short on the cash for that other wise i would of picked it up :S....
Old 22-03-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
Deanodriver

I'd go for an EF (probly Futura minimum), chances are you'll find a better EF on $5000 than an EL.

Then again, I got my EF Futura on the road a few weeks back, and all up it was about $5000.
Old 22-03-2006, 03:11 PM   #5
djmaker

yeah i found a lot of cheap ef falcons on carsales but just waiting to have the $$$ and also looking and hoping that i can find one that runs on gas as well as it will be saving me quiet a bit of money on the fuel :S....
Old 22-03-2006, 03:32 PM   #6
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
Engines in the EL stayed the same from memory, 157 for standard I6 4.0, Fairmont Ghia with tickford motor was 162, 5 litre v8 ghia was 165.. can't recall xr figures, was similar though.
XRs;

EF/EL XR6 - 164 kw
EF/EL XR8 - 170 kw
EL2 XR8 - 185 kw
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 03:38 PM   #7
djmaker

thats at the flywheel isnt it?
Old 22-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #8
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
thats at the flywheel isnt it?
correct
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #9
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i wish i had the $$$ for a ghia but in reality i plan on buying a car within end of may as thats when im turning 18... and ill have around 5k around that time... so yeah i am yet to see any fairmont ghias that are for 5k... so more then likley ill be going with either a ef falcon or el falcon.... unless a cheap xr6 or xr8 comes along just like that eb xr8 that was posted here im just a lil short on the cash for that other wise i would of picked it up :S....
A little bit of shameless advertising but check out my for sale thread in my signature.
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post