Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-04-2020, 11:43 PM   #31
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Default Re: Built a shed without permit

Mate of mine put an offer on 50 acres with a 4 bedroom house in the foothills of Mt Warning west in Murwillumbah. His wife is a lawyer and did the conveyancing, to their surprise the house as never approved. They rang the real estate agent ready to pull the pin, but the agent said give me a few hours.

That afternoon the house was registered and approved sight unseen. Not what you know, who you know...
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-04-2020, 12:04 AM   #32
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Mate of mine put an offer on 50 acres with a 4 bedroom house in the foothills of Mt Warning west in Murwillumbah. His wife is a lawyer and did the conveyancing, to their surprise the house as never approved. They rang the real estate agent ready to pull the pin, but the agent said give me a few hours.

That afternoon the house was registered and approved sight unseen. Not what you know, who you know...
Post appoval.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2020, 12:53 AM   #33
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Speak to a decent town planner who can assess whether the construction is compliant to code. If so, you can just raise the paperwork retrospectively and get it approved.

We are currently building a house and we applied for, and received approval for, three separate dispensations. From my experience the best way to deal with council is to keep things factual and just follow the process.
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: