Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-06-2020, 03:45 PM   #1
Mowdit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Customer Service Complacency (buy online instead)

Is it just Ford, or are all vehicle dealings worse than ever ?

With both Ford & Toyota bringing out new dual cab ute's late this year or into next hold off if you can.

In the last month I have been to 3 Ford dealer service departments and New car Sales

The Ford customer service was woeful at 2 out of 3 service departments, (the one that was ok did the job butchered it, hence why it is at dealer 3, still in bit's weeks later ! ).

Then there is the Sales customer service
Two visits to dealer 3, best I got was I will be with you shortly, at the second visit I waited and waited and........
Dealer 2, well I had a great conversation with used sales, but new car sales must have already met their sales quota.
Dealer 1, visited just after lunch on a Sat afternoon, grabbed a cup of water after 15 min (as the coffee machine was empty) checked out the inside showroom and wandered the new car lot, not even a high or will be with you shortly, left after 25 min.....

Walked into a Toyota lot, wearing the same High Vis clothes, had both new and used car sales wanting to know how they could help, both inside of 2 minutes

Out of necessity I got on car sales, within 5 min of scrolling thru I found something I liked and sent an inquiry, dealer rang back almost immediately, a bit of haggle and here's my credit card number, paid and picked up a brand new car the next day