Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:35 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Salvestro Hoping For Some Easter Joy At WSID

Griffith's Rodney Salvestro will on Easter Saturday (April 15) contest the Annual Bikefest at Western Sydney International Dragway (WSID) and
is hoping to continue his impressive form.

Bikefest, which will also run as the sixth round of the Australian Top Bike Championship, has attracted a solid field and Salvestro is aiming
to get amongst the thick of the action.

Salvestro has every right to feel confident after he last month performed his career best outing at the Westernationals at Kwinana's Quit Motorplex over in Western Australia, where he recorded his first 7
second pass, and later backed it up with going even faster.

"I cannot wait to get out there at WSID and hopefully I can perform strongly," said an upbeat Salvestro, who will ride his Gulf Western Oil
supported Harley Davidson.

"After the Westernationals, Brett Stevens went over my entire Bike and
the diagnosis was good.

"If we can continue our current form at WSID I'll be more than happy."

With the Nitro Champs (round 7 of the Australian Top Bike Championship) at WSID only three weeks after Bikefest, Salvestro is aiming for a
trouble free performance this Saturday.

"Hopefully Bikefest goes to plan, then I can leave my Bike in Sydney for
the Nitro Champs," explained Salvestro.

In terms of the results set out for Bikefest, Salvestro firstly would like to qualify into the eliminations and also set some consistent 7
second passes.

'I really want to start to consistently set 7 second passes and move
closer to that 6 second bracket for the future," he said.

"Our run at the Westernationals has given me the confidence that we can
achieve these aims."

thx NMD for story

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 85E0.jpg (20.5 KB, 33 views)

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
jcxr
Tribal Elder

One of the recent Girls Drag School pupils, Evelyne Sholz, will also contest at Bikefest and has recorded a pb inpractice @ 11.2 on a salt racing R1.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

The Females are starting to make a much bigger impact on the drag racing scene, I see in the States there are so many involved in the sport.
Monday at Calder we see Rachelle Splatt 1st time for while in Vic.

Old 12-04-2006, 03:56 PM   #4
JG3282
Awake after dark

Rachelle did some passes at Calder not that long ago

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #5
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3282
Rachelle did some passes at Calder not that long ago
Was that a Friday night around 6 plus months ago?
She done a burnout, staged, done a 60 foot then went up in tyre smoke, it was a very inexpensive part that stopped them from coming back out..

Old 13-04-2006, 03:35 PM   #6
JG3282
Awake after dark

There's more to the drag racing world than friday night street meets :

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
Old 13-04-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3282
There's more to the drag racing world than friday night street meets :
Is this why you haven't been going much?
Are you flying to WSID or Willowbank maybe you could fly up with us. :

Old 13-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #8
JG3282
Awake after dark

: you just never know when someone is up to something

What I am saying is that there are a lot of things happening that take place away from the public spotlight

Old 16-04-2006, 01:46 AM   #9
Bandit702
Starter Motor

Hi people, thought i would make my public debut on this forum in a thread that is close to home. (Being a bike racer myself).

Just got off the phone, Rodney ran a string of 7.40's throughout the day. Jay upton qualifyed number 1 with a 6.48 and won the final with a 6.5 @ 222 MPH.

Pro Bike saw 5 bikes disqualified after the first qualifying session due to being underweight. However, Dan Peatey bounced back to take the number 1 spot with a 7.38. However, Andrew badИИИИ on the Serco/Kosman suzuki from queensland took the win over peatey in the final.

Many have said that the highlight of the meeting was seeing Brett's Pro stock buell doing exhibition passes with Pete Cochrane behind the bars. It ran a 7.28!!!!! No wonder andra have priced the jappa boys out of the market, making them go to 1570cc with efi and 6 speed trannys rather than the current 1428cc, carbs and 5-speed. Another highlight was Azzopardi's quick silver hayabusa running 7.80 to take the first 7 second no wheeliebar bike pass on a street tyre.
Bandit702 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 01:53 AM   #10
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit702
Hi people, thought i would make my public debut on this forum in a thread that is close to home. (Being a bike racer myself).

Just got off the phone, Rodney ran a string of 7.40's throughout the day. Jay upton qualifyed number 1 with a 6.48 and won the final with a 6.5 @ 222 MPH.

Pro Bike saw 5 bikes disqualified after the first qualifying session due to being underweight. However, Dan Peatey bounced back to take the number 1 spot with a 7.38. However, Andrew badИИИИ on the Serco/Kosman suzuki from queensland took the win over peatey in the final.

Many have said that the highlight of the meeting was seeing Brett's Pro stock buell doing exhibition passes with Pete Cochrane behind the bars. It ran a 7.28!!!!! No wonder andra have priced the jappa boys out of the market, making them go to 1570cc with efi and 6 speed trannys rather than the current 1428cc, carbs and 5-speed. Another highlight was Azzopardi's quick silver hayabusa running 7.80 to take the first 7 second no wheeliebar bike pass on a street tyre.
Hi Bandit702, and welcome to AFF thank-you for the results, Jay Upton 6.5 @ 222 MPH thats wicked mph for a bike its very fast. what is the MPH record for this class?
Bit of controversy with 5 bikes getting the chop for being under weight, did these guys know they would be weighed.

Old 16-04-2006, 02:07 AM   #11
Bandit702
Starter Motor

i think jay had the record at 222 when he ran it at the western nationals.

I usually crew on one of the bikes that was underweight. We are always weighed and fuel checked after every pass as is in the rule books. at 1428cc, we have to be 601 pounds. Last time we ran, we had 10 pounds of ballast in the bike just to make the cut. It also didnt help that after the first round qualifyer we lost the fairing....
Bandit702 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 02:12 AM   #12
SpoolMan

Ow well best thing about drag racing, you can get back out there and get into it again.

Enjoy the site. :