Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 16-04-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Some up to date pics

Since i needed to take some pics for a wheel chop i want to get done, i thought id take a few more and show some of you where the b2tfmobile is up to as of late.

Cosmetically it looks like every other Focus out there- Ford bodykit made an appearance after i was rear ended and pushed into another car. While the gun was out, I decided to get the kit put on as Id wanted it for a long time, and with the help of a fellow member on here, i was able to get the genuine kit for a great price, and shipped up from melbourne. New paint is a bonus, but it certainly wasnt the best or easiest way to go about getting it.

In the go department there really isn't much at the moment. Probably the only thing worth mentioning after doing the usual K&N etc is the exhaust system, again shipped up to me by a Melbourne boy who for some unknown reason wanted to return his car to stock! :. Another man's loss is another man's gain I guess, but with an afternoon of hard, under-car work (including some very refined stock cutting techniques), we managed to get the new one on, and an immediate difference became evident. Has a nice meaty note, but more importantly, helps it go just that little bit better.

But the best part, and probably the thing i am most happy with on the car at the moment, is these.

These took a bit of work to get sitting right before they were welded on, but they really add to the look of the car, and are something just that little bit different to what you normally see. The bar cutting was easy enough to have done, once the kit went on it became a little more difficult, but it does look very clean in real life. I know it looks a bit odd in the photo, I'd say that's due to the angle. I'm really happy i went through with it and got these put on.

Have to show this little item off too :

This week I'll be getting the front brakes done over with new slotted rotors and pads, as well as new fluid. The rears will be done shortly after that, and I'm still tossing up whether to go with braided lines or not.
After that will be a bit of interior work - just some retrimming, although I'm toying with the idea of replacing the front seats with something else, although it would be a big job to get what I want, and im not sure they would even fit.
New wheels are definitely on the way, as is lowering.

And that's pretty much where it's at - for now. Suggestions on what to do after all of that would be nice!

Old 16-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #2
bjr22n_
XR5TBO

Looks clean :nutsycuck :

DJR Team mate #14
bjr22n_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 09:51 PM   #3
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looking good Austin!!!! Hmmm maybe i should get a turbo Focus and get rid of the 4x4....
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #4
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Looking good Austin!!

Would be interesting to hear it with the different exhaust.

Hopefully I pick mine up ('06 LX Sedan) next weekend - another EF/EL Falcon owner moving to a Focus!!
#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
Looking good Austin!!

Would be interesting to hear it with the different exhaust.

Hopefully I pick mine up ('06 LX Sedan) next weekend - another EF/EL Falcon owner moving to a Focus!!
i have a vid of the exhaust that ill upload tomorrow .