Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2022, 07:51 PM   #23
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car sellers, why you do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I think you're possibly being a bit too hard on this one in particular.

As you mentioned, he knows he has something desirable so its likely that if the buyer hanging out for this particular age/kms/car is going to enquire regardless to the quality of the ad.

If I set out to buy a particular car, let's say a Falcon ute, I'm probably going to be looking at a few things first:
> Age (answered)
> Kms (answered)
> Service history (unanswered)
> Photos showing general condition (provided)

Moving on from there, I might want to know more - so I would contact the seller to do so - ie; give me the service history, could I get some extra photos.

There's work to do as a buyer and if you're a very particular buyer, you're going to know exactly what you're looking for and if it ticks those first few prerequisites it is likely it is prompting me to contact the seller to continue my enquiry further.

If the car itself ticked off those above boxes but I was unhappy with the photos, I'd ask for more. If you would discredit the car on this basis, that seems a bit silly.

Its worth noting that carsales have always said that the majority of searchers are not searching for a make or model. I believe there is statistics that show that a large amount of people using keywords which explains the blurb available on the listing you provided. Things like 'dual cab' or 'ute', 'sunroof' is a big one.
Yes, I did go hard on that one, but mostly to make a point in regard to lazy sellers.

It's not hard to take decent, relevant photos, write something personalized as to connect with viewers. Put the effort in, get the result you want. I note that two weeks later, the car is still for sale.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post