Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 08-03-2024, 03:26 PM   #1
stinker
Starter Motor

Default Re: Mystery fluid leak, TC 2013 Zetec Ecoboost

Great, thanks, will check it out,

Borg Warner, would they have been manufacturing cars in the 60's?

My brother had a car in the mid late 60s that I thought was called Borg Ward or something like that, it quite possibly have been Borg Warner. I was a young'un, but I clearly remember that the car went like a shower of the proverbial
stinker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2024, 03:44 PM   #2
AlanM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinker View Post
Great, thanks, will check it out,

Borg Warner, would they have been manufacturing cars in the 60's?

My brother had a car in the mid late 60s that I thought was called Borg Ward or something like that, it quite possibly have been Borg Warner. I was a young'un, but I clearly remember that the car went like a shower of the proverbial
Borg Warner used to supply a lot of automatic transmissions to Ford and some other manufacturers. Some other bits like power steering pumps too. Maybe they made entire cars at some stage, I'm not aware of it though.
AlanM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2024, 03:48 PM   #3
stinker
Starter Motor

Good old Google: Borgward was a German car manufacturer
This user likes this post:
Old 14-03-2024, 01:40 PM   #4
stinker
Starter Motor

Byrne Ford service dpartment have uncoupled the transmission from the engine and completed an inspection, they tell me that I have 4 fluid leaks (not me, the Mondeo, although I've just had my own fluid leak):
  1. Front clutch cover seal (transmission oil) & rear main seal leaking (engine oil) (includes gear box removal and re install) $2010.00.
  2. Engine oil sump leaking (engine oil) (reseal) $704.00.
  3. Transmission oil filter housing and hose (transmission oil) leaking $386.00.

I don't have the expertise required to verify the accuracy of these diagnoses. Byrne Ford have sent me photos, I'll try to upload them.

Total cost of repairs = $3,100. That's roughly half the value of the car on the used car market.

Hoping to get opinions on those pricings.

Thanks guys.
This user likes this post:
Old 14-03-2024, 02:12 PM   #5
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinker View Post
Byrne Ford service dpartment have uncoupled the transmission from the engine and completed an inspection, they tell me that I have 4 fluid leaks (not me, the Mondeo, although I've just had my own fluid leak):
  1. Front clutch cover seal (transmission oil) & rear main seal leaking (engine oil) (includes gear box removal and re install) $2010.00.
  2. Engine oil sump leaking (engine oil) (reseal) $704.00.
  3. Transmission oil filter housing and hose (transmission oil) leaking $386.00.

I don't have the expertise required to verify the accuracy of these diagnoses. Byrne Ford have sent me photos, I'll try to upload them.

Total cost of repairs = $3,100. That's roughly half the value of the car on the used car market.

Hoping to get opinions on those pricings.

Thanks guys.
Do you have that quote on paper?
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2024, 02:19 PM   #6
stinker
Starter Motor

Hi mate, they sent that info through via email