Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-04-2006, 10:49 PM   #1
kezooz
Starter Motor

Unhappy MP3 Input Cable

Hi all. I have recently purchased a Fiesta Zetec in Sea Grey. I was under the impression that I would be able to connect my MP3 player directly into AUX socket until I found out there was no socket. I visisted a Ford Dealer who showed me where it was supposed to be installed, which is behind the glovebox door on right hand side. Unfortunately he also said that this was only an option on manual transmission which I dont understand why.

Could anyone tell me if there is a way to purchase the MP3 Input Cable and still install it into an automatic?

Thanks

Last edited by kezooz; 15-04-2006 at 10:50 PM. Reason: syntac message
kezooz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

The manual version has it next to the power socket by the gear shift.
Old 16-04-2006, 04:39 AM   #3
Danny
GT4.

As Far as I know, there are no AUX inputs on the Auto's simply because they do not have the room for them.

Some dealers are finding ways to install them in the autos, as it seems strange to have the MP3 input on the cheaper Manual version!!!! All the Visteon 9000 headunits installed in the new Fiestas have the iPod capability so its simply a matter of getting the loom, and installing it somewhere here it fits. Or so I beleive.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #4
kezooz
Starter Motor

Thanks for getting back to me Danny and KiwiJohn42, must appreciated.
kezooz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #5
theostheone

is this aux input thing for the wp or wq model... or both?
theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 10:14 PM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Just the WQ

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 02:38 AM   #7
lxuser
Starter Motor

there is a solution, Jcar sell an fm transmitter that plugs into your power adaptor/cigarette lighter port that allows you to plug in an Ipod/discman/mp3 player/walkman and sends the FM signal to your radio reciever costs around $50 to $60 dollars(BTW it works a treat)
lxuser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 07:51 PM   #8
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxuser
there is a solution, Jcar sell an fm transmitter that plugs into your power adaptor/cigarette lighter port that allows you to plug in an Ipod/discman/mp3 player/walkman and sends the FM signal to your radio reciever costs around $50 to $60 dollars(BTW it works a treat)
What's the signal quality like on that thing though?

As FM can only transmit a certain amount of info, my guess is it would cut down the frequency range quite a bit.
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #9
FlaminFiesta

HEY

the fm quality is no where near AUX its good but the quality is still pretty good on the fm transmitter

heres a hint get a powered fm transmitter that runs off the ciggy adapter,

are there an WP fiesta out there with an AUX socket ? if so wtf and how do i get it ?

p.s. i work at an apple centre so thats the hint when using ipo/fm transmitter
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 12:49 AM   #10
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminFiesta
p.s. i work at an apple centre so thats the hint when using ipo/fm transmitter
Apple Centre eh? Well, I'll be coming to see you for my new Quad Core G5 eh?
Old 17-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #11
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Convert your MP3 files to CDA format?

Another option if you cant get an MP3 input cable for the Auto Fez might be to simply burn your MP3's to CDR's as ".cda" format, this is the same format extension that normal CD's are that you buy in the shops, you can then of course play the CD's in your car and forget about going the MP3 option, Nero software can achieve this, I have done exactly this as I have an extensive MP3 collection on my PC but no MP3 player - be it a portable one or of course in my new WQ Zetec, and mine is a manual with the input socket........might be worth considering?, It was a much cheaper option for me rather than buy an iPod etc. I also remember reading somewhere that the audio controls themselves in the Fez head unit are not functional when you plug in an external MP3 player, all controls have to be used on the MP3 player itself......I might be wrong, but if that is the case.....could be fiddly and dangerous when driving.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 12:53 PM   #12
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Ive got a WP Auto Fezza and use a Griffin FM Transmitter running a Ipod Mini. Now the quality is above average but no where near cd quality. It all depends on the channel you use and where u are. Ie sydney metro is very good no static but head out west and it gets distorted. Also depends on the quality of ur mp3's. I would recommend bit rate above 120.

Not trying to slang u robjh80, but thats kinda defeting the purpose. You can only fit under 25 songs on a single cd. Wish the HU in both wp and wq was mp3 compatible then it would solve all out problems.

The best thing ive seen is a 200gb removable computer hardrive in the boot with a fm transmitt to HU. Usb connection does all ur uploading. Now thats impressive
Old 17-05-2006, 01:23 PM   #13
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Not trying to slang u robjh80, but thats kinda defeting the purpose. You can only fit under 25 songs on a single cd. Wish the HU in both wp and wq was mp3 compatible then it would solve all out problems.
"Absolutely agree Mista Fiesta, using the CD method is a bit of a step back, particularly capacity wise", bear in mind also that burning MP3's back to CDA format only achieves approximately the same quality as the MP3 file itself, depending on the bit rate used of course, and not the same quality as the original source CD from which the MP3 was created in the first instance, nothing can compare to the original,........ converting the MP3 back to CDA does not "un-compress" the information that was omitted from the original source as that info was lost in the original conversion to the MP3 file, just giving kezooz another option to consider should he need it.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 06:26 PM   #14
Swaytan
Swaytan

Talking

Quote:
You can only fit under 25 songs on a single cd.
Unless you listen to Blooduster (Aussie metal band) who's average song length is about 1:30.
Old 17-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #15
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

omg 1:30 whats the point in that???
Old 18-05-2006, 01:17 AM   #16
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
omg 1:30 whats the point in that???
Dude, I've heard songs that go for 5 seconds...