Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 30-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #1
Boss 290

Default most powerful ba gt in australia?

hey this is my first attempt at posting something i hope im doing it right.anyway im really curious to find out what ba gt is the most powerful in A.u and what time did it get on the quater? does anyone have power to the wheels figures and pictures of it and the dyno papers? i just wanna show my hsv mate lol

Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

There isnt any really quick sedans to my knowledge, i dont know of 1 that has run under a 12.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:15 PM   #3
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

I beleive there was a blue GT Sedan that ran 12.49 last night at calder, somebody could correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that it would the quickest GT at the momment.

I also beleive the GT utes are quicker though :Up_to_som

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #4
Boss 290

Default I beleive there was a blue GT Sedan that ran 12.49 last night at calder, somebody cou

that cant be the fastest? surely there must be someone out there who has worked it to the max? anyway wouldnt the sedan be faster weighing less and having more traction at the wheels i believe?
Old 01-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #5
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
that cant be the fastest? surely there must be someone out there who has worked it to the max? anyway wouldnt the sedan be faster weighing less and having more traction at the wheels i believe?
Na the IRS equiped car's keep breaking cv's.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #6
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

was that opened or unopened this the Question "Chris from BLUEPOWER is still my favorite drag racer"

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #7
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Craig from ACE's BA Falcon XT 3 valve does 12.71 If that info helps.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #8
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfin
Craig from ACE's BA Falcon XT 3 valve does 12.71 If that info helps.

is that a GT

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 01-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #9
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
is that a GT
Nope, but it's impressive.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #10
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Fastest 290 was Rods Pursuit 131mph. 11.5
although not a sedan
GT Sedan would be CAPTAIN MARV I think it was 120mph.
both cars are TT's. 12.1.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #11
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Although Chris's is an XR8, not a GT he has gone the quickest so far with an 11.2

My pursuit is close to a GT, just with 2 doors and a little more weight, My car has gone 11.76 and is unopened and naturally aspirated.

There is a forums list of drag racing acheivements http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...3&page=3&pp=30

But is only shows forums members and there possibly may be other cars out there that are quicker.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:59 PM   #12
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
was that opened or unopened this the Question "Chris from BLUEPOWER is still my favorite drag racer"

Un opened......
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #13
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
your still my favorite boy racer :
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #14
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also beleive the GT utes are quicker though :Up_to_som[/QUOTE]

Id like too see one of them

"Hate it or love,the underdogs on top"
GT-P 738 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #15
Xrsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
I beleive there was a blue GT Sedan that ran 12.49 last night at calder, somebody could correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that it would the quickest GT at the momment.

I also beleive the GT utes are quicker though :Up_to_som
Spot on ratter I was there at Calder and he was up against my mates VL turbo who felt his wroth If it's the same car he had no rear wing and white stripes!
there was a stock looking Silver Ba xr6t that run 11.2 consistently also and a heap of holden utes on Friday night!
Xrsick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #16
GRNKPR

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
your still my favorite boy racer :

everyone needs to have idols to look up too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 03-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #17
Boss 290

these utes that are doin 11 sec passes what kind of power have they got at the wheels?
Old 03-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #18
Chris
AFF.com.au

Mine had 280, the red one had more.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 01:16 PM   #19
Boss 290

what kind of power gain would make a ba gt do low 11's?. do u think its even possible to keep it street legal and have that kind of power or do u think it may even be too heavy too reach those kind of times?
Old 03-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #20
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
what kind of power gain would make a ba gt do low 11's?. do u think its even possible to keep it street legal and have that kind of power or do u think it may even be too heavy too reach those kind of times?
Twin Turbo both daily drivers: 1st one is Captmarv's done by the HPF.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...012#post573012

the Pursuit finished with 427 rwkw in a stock Boss with APS TT at 131mph, not having a hi stall hurt the ET big time. Pics can be viewed at airpowersytems website.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11038

Chris has had a few setups running a 11 seconds, the Capa blower setup was a daily driver.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:24 PM   #21
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
I don't think to many modded car's would be noise or emission legal, but who really care's.

The driveline is the let down in sedans. You can make all the power in the world but if you can't get it to the ground without breaking anything..........
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #22
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When my car ran 11.76 we removed a little weight (seats and tailgate),removed the exhaust, and fitted light weight wheels.The car when fitted back with these items was used everyday for transport and was driven 400 klm round trip to go racing at heathcote a few weeks earlier.

I'm still driving around with the same tune in it as when it ran 11's I've only removed the convertor.

Yes it would be possible for a GT to run 11's and be driven everyday, but as mentioned earlier, you need to get CV's that will last.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #23
gtfpv
GT

its a reasonable question your 1st post . its a real shame that the fastes f6, xr6t, xr8, are all faster than the gt.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 10:22 PM   #24
Boss 290

i just cant wait for fpv to release some kind of "hero" car that hsv cant rival.how does a GTHO with 350 kilowats and 300kilos in less weight sound? lol
Old 03-07-2006, 11:21 PM   #25
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
its a reasonable question your 1st post . its a real shame that the fastes f6, xr6t, xr8, are all faster than the gt.
Don't forget the 3 valve XT........there is one GT that has gone quicker than my XT and NO XR8 sedans have come close, as far as i know. :

Cheers Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2006, 08:19 AM   #26
dute
SLYME UTE

You rock graig.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:31 AM   #27
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dute
You rock graig.
LOL at least spell his name correctly.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:37 PM   #28
F6 UTE
Banned

There's a few Supercharged GT's in WA ( Turbo V8 is illegal over here ) which are making roughly 370rwkw.

Track times ( traction ) => dismall, as they are manuals, and run 13's @ big mph...
F6 UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 01:53 AM   #29
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
i just cant wait for fpv to release some kind of "hero" car that hsv cant rival.how does a GTHO with 350 kilowats and 300kilos in less weight sound? lol
Without HSV rivalry, FPV wouldn't be where it is today. No point showing who's bigger if the other party doesn't care.

An increase of 60kw from the current 290 will not see a GT into the 11s. 12s, maybe, but more likely 13s. The 20% increase in power equates to a 17% improvement in the kg/kw stakes.

Anyway, we all know that as an all round car, not just in a straight line, or even "on paper" drag, the Ford's leave the local opposition for dead.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post