Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #31
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Sodways
Yeah, i was a bit of a greak for a while. only done about 700 races though i think, i should check, but the consol is on the other sied of the room, and im over here. i reset a few times, but mostly just being a PS2 freak, only game i could sit down and play for hours on end.
Mate I unfortunatley completely understand!

We should make a thread, "post your GT4 stats" - but you HAVE to show a screen pic for proof.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #32
SVR73
Mr Polish

Perhaps I can help out or if not the gang I used to be with - gt3times.com
Most of my lap and race world records are still unbeaten and I have spent years working on gear rations and suspension setups of all my cars including the AU Falcon supercar
I don't play GT4 though, stuck with 3 but must get to hyper simulator here in adelaide some time.
Maybe my gear ratios and settings for the AU could be a starting point for the typhoon

My AU has really low ride height but still handles brilliantly and mid field lap time in GT3 mode (no arcade or automatic mode here) is 1:01.9
Got a 90 page book full of setups. Mine should work pretty well for you

PM me for more info
Old 29-06-2006, 08:53 PM   #33
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I haven't touch GT4 in ages ... but it was fun ... I just don't have time to sit in front of the TV at all to play it.

I think i was close to 60% ... but i was busy mucking arouns with all the little races for all the makes and models ... so it was taking me awhile.

The Typhoon was fun ... with everything modded on it as well ... took come cool drifting screen shots as well ... but they are on the console ... so can't get them off ... sorry :(

Pescarola C90 was a cool machine to race with as well
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #34
eed-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all i do is buy cars and drift them..
im over grip racing :P
520rwhp
eed-250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #35
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a 700 + HP 900 + NM Typhoon.

It was a torque monster.

I'm playing GT4 atm actually. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical_ED
Forza is one of my favourite games ever, it has everything GT4 has and more. You can customise the cars a bit more, and the range of custom gear is more, it also has the damage factor and which is good fun to help you learn to control some of the highpowered cars.
Only thing bad about Forza, is the lack of cars compared to GT4.

Also I hate how, when you put a racing exhaust on some of the old school American V8s, they sound like a Skyline. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #36
xr8gn3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Also I hate how, when you put a racing exhaust on some of the old school American V8s, they sound like a Skyline. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Are you talking about Forza or GT4 cause GT4 is the worst for exhausts.....

As far as the game goes im not intereseted in the missions or races.....im more into time trials how fast you can get around the track.

My quickest time yet around the nurburgring is 7.11 in the GT with full mods and no tuneups and a few offs here and there so theres plenty of room for improvement.....and best of all its with the BOSS.

xr8gn3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #37
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Worst thing about gt4 is the lack of damage. The enduros are pointless without it. After 5 laps you already know whos gonna win.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #38
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJLynx
Worst thing about gt4 is the lack of damage. The enduros are pointless without it. After 5 laps you already know whos gonna win.
well don't know about gt4 but in gt2 i was having a good battle with the toyota f1 proto type, in the 2hr rome course. LOST ON THE LAST COURNER OF THE LAST LAP!!!!!!
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 07:07 AM   #39
SVR73
Mr Polish

I like to challenge myself and find a car from my garage that is no more powerful or faster down the straights than the PC cars and in some cases use a far inferior car and see how I go
Sometimes it's really exciting doing 100 laps on tokyo or a 15 lapper against the Le mans cars and battling every lap to stay out front
Old 30-06-2006, 08:50 AM   #40
gozza

My quickest time on the ring was a 6.05ish in the gtr m3 race car....it was fully maxed but no tweaking to the tune setup...

My first car was the phoon.....but in all honesty it didn't get too many races...maxed out a gt and its no good......the au xr8 race car is unbelievable...How many cars does everyone have.... I have nealry 4 pages of cars with p/w ratios less than 1.5 and about 170 in total.....My goal now is to get a full garage and max all of them out
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 10:43 AM   #41
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8gn3
Are you talking about Forza or GT4 cause GT4 is the worst for exhausts.....

As far as the game goes im not intereseted in the missions or races.....im more into time trials how fast you can get around the track.

My quickest time yet around the nurburgring is 7.11 in the GT with full mods and no tuneups and a few offs here and there so theres plenty of room for improvement.....and best of all its with the BOSS.
I was talking about GT4.

Seriously the stock exhausts sound better, on most of the V8s.

The toughest V8 I have now. is the 1969 GT40 race car, with 730HP and it's turboed.

I turned up my sound system, just to listen to it rev, oh man it sounds tough.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:25 AM   #42
wiresquire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVR73
Perhaps I can help out or if not the gang I used to be with - gt3times.com
Most of my lap and race world records are still unbeaten and I have spent years working on gear rations and suspension setups of all my cars including the AU Falcon supercar
<snip>
No offence, mate, but gt3times doesn't really reflect how good you are. There's a bunch of pros that don't even bother posting or at least updating there. Arco and the likes. I thought I was the bomb around June 03. Do a few OLR's (GT3 style) and you soon realise where you are in the hen pecking. Or look back thru the Board Challenge's and try them out.
Mate, I'm not having a go at you. I suck...

The other thing is that since gt4 came out, none of the real 'playas' are going at gt3 anymore. My 'average' at GT3times for TT's and S license has only dropped 2 spots in NA NTSC and worldwide over the past 2 years. And I haven't actually done anything for 2 years.

Like I said, no offence, but that's my take on things.

ws

PS: Yeah, I can back my **** up. I have maxdrive saves of all times, but they're NTSC. Haven't worked out how to convert them to PAL.
wiresquire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #43
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

GT4 is brilliant, stuck on 93%, but have 670 cars..is that a record?
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 01:55 PM   #44
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Im only on 48%, think i got bout 300 cars, i sell most the boring ones so i can buy and do up faster ones to win!!, man i hate the Enduro's, ive done like 7 of them now, they can become so dam boring after a few hours!!
Old 08-07-2006, 01:59 PM   #45
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVO_XR6
Im only on 48%, think i got bout 300 cars, i sell most the boring ones so i can buy and do up faster ones to win!!, man i hate the Enduro's, ive done like 7 of them now, they can become so dam boring after a few hours!!
ive only got 1 to go and its bloody hard.... circ de la sarthe II 24hr......

the cars keep loosing it on the straight and ramming the wall....whats up with that
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #46
SVR73
Mr Polish

Default fine

Arco is unbelievable, amazing talent with the game
No, no probs at all, there is always people out there who are better than you

OK I offered to help out with settings, here are my two favourite cars in the game and my settings
I don't like GT4 that much, I prefer hyper simulators however have not been on one for a while

OK this is my AU supercar setting, hopefully it will translate to the FPV

Spring rate - 14.6/12.8
Ride height - 62/80 (plenty of sparks on deep forest)
Damper front - 7/9
Damper rear - 8/10
Camber - 2.6/1.6
Toe - +1.5/1.0
Stabiliser - 4/5
Brakes - 20/18
LSD - 10/46/25

Gear ratios
(level 39)

Final drive I keep between 2.8 and 3.5 with those using 4.0 or higher first gear
Downforce - fairly high, with rear further to the right

My best time
Mid Field - 1:01.982

Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 LM race car
(got in black, red and blue)

13.0/14.2
61/69
7/9
8/10
3.1/2.2
+2.0/+1.0
6/4
21/23
0.77/1.05

8/47/29

Gears
level 40

3.275-3.396
With all my cars, TCM 0 & ASM 0 and manual gear changing

Best times

Mid Field 59.345
Laguna Seca 1:07.416
Apricot Hill - 1:05.759
SSR 5 1:07.708
Trial Mountain 1:09.992

With this setting, slicks front and medium hards rear is best
Burns front tyres a bit quick

Adjust the settings to match your style

Last edited by SVR73; 08-07-2006 at 05:36 PM.
SVR73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 05:28 PM   #47
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVO_XR6
Do what I do, and use B Spec mode.

Yeah it takes away the fun, but it finishes a hell of alot quicker.

I use B Spec mode, in the long championships.

I'm trying to save up, for the Toyota GT One race car now.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:42 PM   #48
SVR73
Mr Polish

I do my best to use a car that is slower or same speed as the PC cars so it's a real fight to win the race.
have lost count how many enduro's I have done in the last five years with gt3 and 4
Old 08-07-2006, 05:47 PM   #49
XR6turbo
Great EF XR8

hey guys, i have had GT4 since the day it came out, i am up to 98.6%, have been for the past 3 or 4 months now. the only thing i haven't completed is the missions hall. I love GT, but one let down is the fact that it only has 5 other cars on the track, but thats set to change when they release Vision Gran Turismo, we should be able to have up to at least 20 cars on the grid!
Nothing comes close to GT for realistic physics, i like Forza, but its not realistic, its a lot of fun, which is why i go to my mates house to play it, but i don't think it is as realistic as GT4, especially when you have the proper steering wheel!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:48 PM   #50
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just wondering guys....

What's your fastest speed (Top speed test) and quickest time down the 1/4 mile? (GT4)

Here's mine....

Cadillac Cien 460km/h (With NOS)

Escudo Pikes Peak 8.6 seconds (No NOS)
Old 08-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #51
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yea, i was reading something this week, and whats the difference between b and a spec???