Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #3331
BigMaxy
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi my name is Matt, I have an 02 BA Falcon and I am enjoying learning about mechanics and trying to do some of my own repairs and save some money. The google machine always takes me to the posts here which have been very helpful to date, thank you.
BigMaxy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #3332
MongrelDawg
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone,

New to the whole forum thing....I drive a AU V8 which has had some work done by Tickford.
MongrelDawg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #3333
sammythefordman
Starter Motor

Hi guys how are we all? Long time reader first time poster. Current cars 04 ba xr8 mk2 (love the boss) and 97 el xr8. While im here im in urgent need of a lh front indicator for my el if any one can help or poi t me in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers
Sam
sammythefordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #3334
Timclinch
Starter Motor

Hello all,
Thanks for the great site. I've recently put a deposit on a 2009 falcon ute and will be picking it up in the next couple of days, exciting times!
Timclinch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #3335
Greg Robinson
Starter Motor

Default Water leak - FG ute

I have a 2009 FG XR8 ute since new. In heavy rain water leaks into the cabin and pools behind the passenger seat. The local Ford dealer identified the fault as a poor seal in the small fixed side panel of glass. They said they had not come across the fault before.

It was repaired under warranty, but is still happening. Has anybody else had the same problem? Maybe it's not the window seal.
Greg Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #3336
palms88
Starter Motor

Hey all loving all the info on the forums some great reads here picking up my new xr8 ute this friday!
palms88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #3337
gholland
Starter Motor

Hi All
long time Ford owner but new to this forum. Picked up my new SZ diesel AWD yesterday and most interested to see how it tows my van compared to my previous petrol territorys ( a 2004 4spd AWD and a 2008 6 speed AWD) Would have bought another petrol but Ford have graciously decided to omit the petrol from their AWD lineup. Damn! after much soul searching decided to bite the bullet and see how these low capacity hi spec/stress/tech diesels perform. Time will tell!

Geoff
gholland is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #3338
Aplito Futura

Hey guys some might know my brother Sta Arhidia Mou, hes got the TL's and I own a Dec '01 AU2 Futura with 314,xxx k's and still going strong on its original motor and gearbox.
Aplito Futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #3339
kevinmcd
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, I have a 1937 coupe been on the road for 30 years and time for an update, I have xt running gear and some of it needs replacing, does anyone know where to get new brake fluid resevoirs [plastic] and the warning light switch in the brake proportioning valve?
kevinmcd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #3340
Magpie3
Starter Motor

Default Re: Water leak - FG ute

Hi Greg
Had the similar problem in my 2009 ute they told me it was the rear window after they fixed it, it remained damp for ages, months after. They bayfords epping also damaged the silver trim above the glove box when removing the passenger seat (they replaced after complaint), busted up the underlay and broke what i would call the hard plastic sound deadner under the seat and scratched the paint work when removing the sports bar. The underlay foam was wet although the carpet seemed dry. I was constantly checking it and believed it was not fixed and getting damper, but eventually after placing a tea towel under the carpet to soak up what moisture it could then replacing it with a new one weekly and using a hippo dampness remover behind the seat and a hair dryer it is now dry. However we have not had a lot of rain so the true test will come as the weather turns. Ps I did take it back and they told me they retested it and could not find anything wrong and it was no long leaking.
Carl
Magpie3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #3341
Robbo95
Starter Motor

Hi all.

Wasnt going to post anything, and just sit back and read all the good stuff. But i keep getting pestering emails to say G'day. So G'day. just got my second falcon (this time an xr60 on christmas eve. a great present to myself
Robbo95 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #3342
xgauxrute
Starter Motor

Hello everyone. New member here with a recently put together xg work ute running au xr6/5 speed. built to replace the last xg I had which clocked over 550 thoushand for me.
Fun work car but not problem free.
Thank god for forum information and the experience of others who have gone through it already.
xgauxrute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #3343
and2830
Starter Motor

done ok
and2830 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #3344
Simonkeane
Starter Motor

Hi just joined hello fellow members
Simonkeane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #3345
Kri3ly
Starter Motor

Hey everyone

I'm new to the turbo game. Got a FG XR6 turbo. Absolutely love it! Stock as a rock. Constantly learning new things about it all. So looking forward to working it up a bit.
Kri3ly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #3346
gemmasteve
Starter Motor

Hi guys thanks for the web site and the info contained.
gemmasteve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #3347
71hoey
Starter Motor

Hi all great site with excellent content
71hoey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #3348
beansailing
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day all,
Have come to the site in the hope i can keep enjoying my BA falcon for a few more years.
beansailing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #3349
shaun xy
Starter Motor

hi hello every one
shaun xy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #3350
Scadz
Starter Motor

hey everyone long time ford fan
Scadz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #3351
marks8699
Starter Motor

Hi
Thanks for this great site, looking forward to be part of it..
marks8699 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #3352
A.perez
Starter Motor

Hi, thanks for adding me. I just bought a Falcon xr6 2007. I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find the rear suspension schematics? Cheers.
A.perez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 02:25 AM   #3353
Oaks1974
Starter Motor

Hi all,
I have a 2006 Falcon RTV ute with the 3v 5.4lt. We have had major issues over the last week and wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and a fix.
Ok here we go
I was driving it home just over a week ago and at traffic lights the idle just dropped and had no power, I was less than 500m from home and the car just made it home and stalled in the drive way.
I had the mechanic come out as it could not be started.
Now all injectors and fuel rail have been removed, cleaned and replaced, fuel system pressure tested, all spark plugs removed and replaced, all coil packs removed cleaned and reinstalled. After this was all done car would still not idle, we can hold it reasonably steady from about 1200rpm up wards and less the car stalls.
Original fault code P0175 - fuel rich left bank.
Holding car at 1500rpm to hook up scanner cam phaser error as well as O2 sensor errors coming up.
After mechanic left on Thursday we noticed silver specs on driveway that appeared to come from exhaust, we checked cat converters which we discovered were gone. We punched through them to improve air flow.
Car still can't hold idle without stalling.
Does anyone have and thing else we should look at prior to pulling front and top of motor out to check cam phasers?
Any help or ideas much appreciated.
Thanks
Oaks1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #3354
robp
Starter Motor

Hi there - just joined and live in NZ with a AU11 Fairmont which I bought new
Rob
robp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #3355
Scadz
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaks1974 View Post
Hi all,
I have a 2006 Falcon RTV ute with the 3v 5.4lt. We have had major issues over the last week and wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and a fix.
Ok here we go
I was driving it home just over a week ago and at traffic lights the idle just dropped and had no power, I was less than 500m from home and the car just made it home and stalled in the drive way.
I had the mechanic come out as it could not be started.
Now all injectors and fuel rail have been removed, cleaned and replaced, fuel system pressure tested, all spark plugs removed and replaced, all coil packs removed cleaned and reinstalled. After this was all done car would still not idle, we can hold it reasonably steady from about 1200rpm up wards and less the car stalls.
Original fault code P0175 - fuel rich left bank.
Holding car at 1500rpm to hook up scanner cam phaser error as well as O2 sensor errors coming up.
After mechanic left on Thursday we noticed silver specs on driveway that appeared to come from exhaust, we checked cat converters which we discovered were gone. We punched through them to improve air flow.
Car still can't hold idle without stalling.
Does anyone have and thing else we should look at prior to pulling front and top of motor out to check cam phasers?
Any help or ideas much appreciated.
Thanks
Change your O2 sensor. Could be causing the problem.
Scadz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #3356
ford grrrl
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, been trying to do a bit of work on the old beast. It's an EA wagon that just won't die but is starting to sound like it's on the way out. I'm too in love with it to let it go just yet tho. It's surging in gear and in neutral, only just started happening. Had to adjust the idle from the screw to stop it konking out but still has surging sound. Could hear strange noises (like sucking air) under the mini injectors under the butterflies. When pulling the mini injectors out, they both squirt fuel but one is dripping after. Would this cause the surging? Anyone know if the o rings under the butterfly should be rubber? There's metal rings in there but i think this is where the sucking air sound is coming from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't know much about cars but having a go using bit of listening and trial and error. Any suggestions??? Happy Sunday, maybe having a beer will help me think or is it too early ;)
ford grrrl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #3357
Dave1965
Starter Motor

Default Hi everyone, long time ford ownder look forward to chatting here!

After raising 3 kids its my time to play, i have a 64xm wagon which i have owned for 25 years and is now in the shop for its refresh, also have a 59 F100 which will have to wait a little longer. Cheers Dave
Dave1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #3358
esi635
Starter Motor

hello
esi635 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #3359
treesmith
Starter Motor

Hello all, bought an AU1 wagon and have been doing a few jobs with more coming. Great forum and glad to be here
treesmith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #3360
ippa
Starter Motor

hi everyone
ford transit tray truck 1978
250 4.1 auto
great work horse however gives me issues from time to time
bit like being married i suppose
ippa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post