Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #31
outside
off in outer space

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_xe
Outside how much is rego down there? up here it is $900 annually for a v8 and it is going up. Just curious as to how much you guys pay.
would have to go and look at the papers ($700.00?) but it not anywhere near $900.00
Old 03-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #32
silver_xe

I thought i heard a few years ago that our fuel had the subsidy but our rego was dearer.
silver_xe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #33
xr6turboford

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Actually it does get to FNQ. Did it ever occur to you that there maybe a bit of freight cost getting petrol 1600km from the nearest refinery (Bris) to Cairns?
IF that is the case how come petrol in Adelaide is cheaper than country areas when it has to past the country areas to get there?
Lets face it we are all being taken for a ride by the oil companies and the ACCC and Australian government don't give a dame.
Just bend over and let them at it.
xr6turboford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now here is a thought. If rego and CTP were free but fuel was increased a few cents a litre to cover it then there should be no unregistered and uninsured vehicles anymore.

That also makes it a user pays system, if you don't drive much you don't use much fuel and therefore pay very little "rego tax".
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #35
Springfield_Johny

Quote:
Now here is a thought. If rego and CTP were free but fuel was increased a few cents a litre to cover it then there should be no unregistered and uninsured vehicles anymore.

That also makes it a user pays system, if you don't drive much you don't use much fuel and therefore pay very little "rego tax".

I've thought of this kind of system ages ago. I really like the idea. I mainly use my F100 on weekends, but am paying the same rego cost as someone who drives 150,000km/year.

I also think that Third Party Property Damage should be made compulsary for vehicles, but not through the above system because of differences in premium for cars driven/age of driver etc etc.

Daily drive 2010 Mitsubishi triton single cab turbo diesel

1968 XT Falcon (project yet to be started)
Springfield_Johny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #36
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Yer, not sure how the QLD government is getting in such huge debt. Our rego is higher than other states, only good roads are south east qld, ours such big time in CQ. Elec is more expensive, from what i've heard fuel here is already the same price as down NSW. VIC. And i could get a job down there doing the same thing as i do here and get paid 30-50g more. Also anywhere north of south east corner has bugger all ammenities etc. Think i shoudl move to NSW, VIC. Only thing keeping me here is family and freinds which are worth the world. I sincerely hope the QLD government don;t sell of any assetts and hope they don't use removing this subsidy to rought us further and put fuel up when its already over priced and hugely over taxed.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #37
3VSleeper
3VSleeper

Quote:

I like this! you wanna be premier? I will vote for you!
Sleeper Style
3VSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #38
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_xe
Outside how much is rego down there? up here it is $900 annually for a v8 and it is going up. Just curious as to how much you guys pay.
I can see the XXX films playing at the pumps now so you can see someone else being bent over just like you :

When i used to live in NSW rego was about 450 + third party insurance around 400 whe your under 25 and dropped by half when you turn 25. Therefore rego was about the same as QLD when under 25 but once over 25 it drops. Well thats what it used to be that was a cpl of years ago.
I have my renewal for my V8 and its 840 for 12 mths.
what will be the rise for V8's be?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #39
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6turboford
IF that is the case how come petrol in Adelaide is cheaper than country areas when it has to past the country areas to get there?
Lets face it we are all being taken for a ride by the oil companies and the ACCC and Australian government don't give a dame.
Just bend over and let them at it.
http://www.parliament.sa.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/DF071F9B-989E-4111-B643-AACBAFE35F67/12200/FuelPricingFinalReport.pdf

That's why....
Old 03-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #40
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
funny how that subsidy never made it as far as FNQ :ticking:
FNQ? wheres that? as far as the government is concerned, Queensland exists as far as the southeast corner electoral boundaries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
so what do you ppl think the price will go to.
up five maybe ten cpl??
5cpl? are you kidding? the oil companies are rubbing thier hands together in glee, i'm expecting 10-12cpl increase

as for all the nsw'ers smirking and carrying on..... as has been noted, Queenslanders were paying more for fuel even with the subsidy than nsw was.....
Quote:

nah mate, thats way too sensible for the guddamint to consider!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #41
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
FNQ? wheres that? as far as the government is concerned, Queensland exists as far as the southeast corner electoral boundaries!
So true mate. That is where all the taxes are spent and a majority of the debt is from. We can't even get a new bridge here or move the railway line out of the middle of the town. The ambulance and peak hour traffic has to wait 10min for a train to pass straight through the main highway through town. There are so many fourbys here cause you need them with all the potholes.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #42
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYGTHO
So true mate. That is where all the taxes are spent and a majority of the debt is from. We can't even get a new bridge here or move the railway line out of the middle of the town. The ambulance and peak hour traffic has to wait 10min for a train to pass straight through the main highway through town. There are so many fourbys here cause you need them with all the potholes.

I live in Toowoomba, we aren't part of QLD either.....so good luck up there in FNQ
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #43
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:

Why not have both & double-dip from the taxpayers? The average taxpayer has no idea where their money is truly ending up.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #44
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
The average taxpayer has no idea where their money is truly ending up.
Ministerial slush funds, overseas "fact finding" junkets, the PM's wine selection, plush new oak and italian leather furnished offices, new stationary when government departments are reshuffled, seperated or amalgamated every 10 minutes, foriegn aid (screw the homless, needy and desperate at home) and the list goes on.......
Old 04-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #45
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
Ministerial slush funds, overseas "fact finding" junkets, the PM's wine selection, plush new oak and italian leather furnished offices, new stationary when government departments are reshuffled, seperated or amalgamated every 10 minutes, foriegn aid (screw the homless, needy and desperate at home) and the list goes on.......

.....consultants, don't forget the consultants
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #46
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
I'm going to reopen this thread as it has a somewhat different slant to the other one however can we please refrain from insults against residents of other States.

Cheers
Russ
You mean there's somewhere else than Queensland???
Steve
fangq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #47
Oxa384
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its getting rather silly imo.just got the rego for the coupe $843.80 for the year-
ctp $329.00
rego $470.35
traffic improvement fee!! $44.45

i like having the coupe on full rego as you can go for a drive whenever where ever but i think ill have to seriously look at club rego :(
also have rego for the xr6 $709.35 for the year.
spose it could be worse my boss has 4 work trucks + 3 private cars aswell!!my head spins thinking about his overheads!!!
Oxa384 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #48
CPOCSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outside
would have to go and look at the papers ($700.00?) but it not anywhere near $900.00
$606 here in the ACT for the EB XR8 and includes the CTP. I pay full comprehensive on it too at 23 a month with Shannons

Hooroo
CPOCSM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #49
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxa384
its getting rather silly imo.just got the rego for the coupe $843.80 for the year-
ctp $329.00
rego $470.35
traffic improvement fee!! $44.45

i like having the coupe on full rego as you can go for a drive whenever where ever but i think ill have to seriously look at club rego :(
also have rego for the xr6 $709.35 for the year.
spose it could be worse my boss has 4 work trucks + 3 private cars aswell!!my head spins thinking about his overheads!!!
I have the same thing sitting in front of me for my TE, traffic improvement fee : . Havnt seen any improving going on. :
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 07-06-2009, 03:03 AM   #50
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one question....
who voted them back in?
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2009, 07:17 AM   #51
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

do you seriously think the other mob would make it any cheaper !!! They are all tared with the same brush...........
Old 07-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #52
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Sounds fantastic but lets face it if the government were to do this they would not increase the cost of fuel by a few cents but probably 50 cents maybe a dollar.

Nothing ever gets cheaper.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #53
frysie87
Starter Motor

The fuel subsidy was important to us farmers... prepare to pay more for food and freight costs. :
frysie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #54
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
do you seriously think the other mob would make it any cheaper !!! They are all tared with the same brush...........
Never a truer word spoken
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 07-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #55
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Spoken like a true believer......

Yes I KNOW that to be the case, not THINK, KNOW......

But my favorite thought about the whole thing is, if you remember the political ad a couple of months ago that had Obama state "we are in a recession" then the pommy PM state "we are in a recession" and the Kev state "we are in a recession" and then another person stated "we are not going into a recession" and was ridiculed that he had no idea.....

Then a few days ago Kev comes out and states "we are not in a recession"

QLD is in a mess and it is our own fault because of "they are all the same" mentality and it has cost us higher rego, dearer fuel, more speed cameras, increased toll costs and all the other non car related crap that is going on.

And the only good thing about it is that those who are most disadvantaged by it all are the ones who made it happen....