Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #31
trumpy73

Default Re: Good Dealer Service around?

lol I thought it was just me. As much as I don't like my car pinging, it hasn't really taken over my life. FM seems to pop up everywhere Too much drama over some cheapie little car
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #32
ramondo
Extended Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmzcray
Hi guys,

Does anyone knows any good dealers around Sydney area for service (the 1st complimentary one)? Preferably near Ryde.

I have research on google for Brad Garlick Ford in Ryde, Power ford in castle hill, Thomson Ford in Parramatta and even Sinclair Ford in Kingswood/Penrith, they all have some bad reviews that makes me stay clear of them.

After reading a few threads here, I must say my confidence in letting the dealer to service your car is running low...
Hey, I had a similar problem, living on the north shore too.

But I'd lost confidence in the local dealers and mechanics and went to Peter Warren Ford in Warwick Farm on a recommendation. Long way to go, but overall happy with the service, especially from Paul, as he seems to do his best to keep the cost down. That said, you'll nearly always pay extra at a dealer compared to an independent.

But if it's complimentary then I'd suggest giving them a go.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #33
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

If attacking the stupidity (and outright lies from employees of Ford such as Roberts, as illustrated in this thread) of members is offensive and negative then that's the way it is.

A member started this thread asking for assistance: with dome members deliberately stating mistruths due to their connection with Ford, or others who have indeed been taken for a ride by their dealership.

The purpose behind this thread is to give assistance, correct?

It is not my fault nor my problem if members then deliberately lie to others seeking help. If my rebuttle is taken as negative then tough.

I can only comment on my experience with Ford (see other posts). Unless I am expected to lie about my experiences and opinions then it is Fords problem if they are negative (and I'm not alone here - over 25 other members have stated they'll never touch the brand again). Not all my posts are negative but if you wish to focus on these only then again, that's your issue, not mine.

Alas you need not worry. The car will be sold within 18 months before the warranty expires as I have zero faith in the vehicle lasting any longer than this.

And for those still expounding the virtues of Ford dealership service I suggest you read the thread in the Focus section of this site on the Focus lemon he was sold: that poor guy has had the worst experience imaginable.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #34
Caydus

I find it's fine that you're trying to warn people about the issues with Ford's after sales service and quality control. I'm not supporting Ford dealerships or linked with them in any way other than that I'm the only person in my immediate family who have purchased a single car from them. TBH i find the quality control of Frod to be quite a bit shoddier than the brands I'm used to (eg. Toyota, Honda, Volvo, Hyundai, yes, even Hyundai), I agree with your line.
The issue that I am having, I'm sure i dont speak alone here, is that you enter ever thread with even the slightest amount of negativity to Ford and expound upon that until it becomes the central focus of the thread.

I get that you have had a horrific experience with Ford and I sympathize. I would be angry if I were in your shoes too, but you've said your piece, we get it. We're just sick and tired of you making general attacks on Ford (fair enough sometimes) and personal attacks on anyone even slightly aligned or supportive of Ford (this is a discussion forum, not a bar brawl, that's not on) and ridicule anyone willing willing to live with a Ford defect.

Are you on a personal crusade to bring down Ford as a company because they sold you a bad car?

Why do you even care, you've said your piece, now unless you have something constructive to bring to the table, please stop posting.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #35
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

If you bothered to actually read any threads I've started they are mostly positive (alerting owners to a free PCM update is negative is it?)

If you bothered to read this thread others took it slightly off topic and started on the issue of pinging - only then did I join in.

If you want to falsely portray me as just being negative - despite my threads and majority of posts proving otherwise - then that's your misfortune, not mine.

Forget mine (or the dozens of others on the Fiesta section of the site) have you read of the experience of the poor bloke on the Focus Lemon?

Do you believe a company that operates like this deserves to deal with the Australian public?

The only reason I attacked Roberts on this thread was because he was deliberately misleading the poor bloke who originally posted and was asking for help (ie. He was lying, straight out: to benefit himself and Ford.) There are many other Ford employees on here who are misleading members. Is that fair?
Old 19-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #36
Keyan
Starter Motor

My WS Fiesta due to 30K service shortly, I want to bring my own oil and filter to dealer.
I have been told that if i want to change oil from normal to fully synthatic, the filter also need to re-select.
Are all the size of filter same? Can anyone recommned me synthatic oil+filter? (preferably name of oil and filter)
Thank you in advance!!
Keyan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #37
trumpy73

You can't go wrong with Castrol Edge 5W-30 Fully synthetic (approx $50-60 for 5L). Lots of Fiesta owners use this. I'm not too sure what you mean by Filter 'Reselect'? There is one size filter for this vehicle be it genuine or K&N or whatever. Ironically the cheapest filters are the genuine ones ($9) so you can just purchase one from the dealer or if you want K&N (I think around $17) you can do that too.
Goodluck!
Old 20-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #38
Keyan
Starter Motor

Many thanks, trumpy73.
I thought normal oil use normal filter, and synthetic oil should use different filter than normal, as the oil property changed. Anyway, if other Fiesta owner just bring in own oil without filter, then i will do the same.
Cheers!
Keyan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #39
trumpy73

no worries. Just keep in mind that the genuine oil filter is sold for less than $10 at their parts dept so make sure the service dept doesn't charge you more for it.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #40
Caydus

Anyway, just thought i might continue on this thread instead of starting a new one.

I know there should have been a software update for the Fiesta a couple months ago. I've also heard that some dealerships are updating it for free. It was on another thread, just can't locate it at the moment.
Anyway, i called up my dealership and asked if they could do that for me, I didn't even ask them to do it for free. They said there's no way that we can see if there's a software update for me until they hook their computer up to my car. Then next time they kept saying "wait till the next service".

I don't want to service at their shop, but the mechanic i go to can't update the software.

Can you guys tell me where I can get this done? Which dealer will actually do it for me?
Old 04-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #41
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

I got mine done at Cumberland Ford for free bout 5 months ago. They were aware of the PCM update without seeing my car. Apparently it was to correct hard starting in cold weather - at least that's what I was told, but I found that difficult to believe since the WS is German made and their weather is just a little cooler than Sydneys..... Anyway, any Ford dealership can look up the main database for updates: sounds like your local dealer is trying to take you for a ride.... No surprises really.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #42
Caydus

Yea, i gathered they were doing as much, which is why I just want to go to a dealership which doesn't have a history of that.
So there's the PCM update and I assume there's the head unit update. Is there another software update? Or is that the two I have to watch out for?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #43
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

I'm only aware of that update.

Btw, doesn't do much.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #44
Caydus

Yea, probably doesn't, but it's the head unit that's just a little annoying. Sometimes I drive with the visibility lights turned on (one notch in the headlights dial instead of two).
In the head unit it auto dims the LCD display in the middle since it sees my headlights are on, but in the day you can hardly see it.

There's a bug in this version of the head unit software, where that if you choose Daylight instead of auto (this makes it full brightness even when your headlights are on) for the LCD dimming, the dashboard lights for the Hazard and central locking buttons stop working (well documented in a thread somewhere on this forum).

I'm also hoping for better DSG mappings... A characteristic of this car which really ****** me off is sometimes it takes a while for the throttle to respond immediately after you hit the brakes in an auto DSG.

For example, if you slow down for a stack of stationary cars in front of you, where the lead car is attempting to turn right and you see a gap in the traffic in the left lane. So you pull out into the left lane, hit the throttle, then nothing happens, and you're left there for 1.5s looking into your left mirror at an oncomming car in the left lane with the front of your car in it's way with nothing you can do but crap yourself and pray to God that he slows down.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #45
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Surely Ford could quickly fix the screen dimming issue? What have they said when you've taken the car to the dealership? Have you demonstrated the DSG issue to the service manager? It sounds very dangerous: hopefully it gets fixed before an accident happens.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #46
Caydus

The screen dimming issue is a range wide problem. Everyone with the same version of the head unit software has it.
The DSG issue again seems like a range wide issue and has to do with the way the DSG was programmable. Replicable on demo cars. Which is why I'm hoping for an update.

Also, my dealership is no other than City Ford Zetland as mentioned in another thread, might not get much more from them other than "it's a characteristic of the car" which in this case, they won't be wrong until Ford itself rolls out an update addressing these issues.

I guess for now we just have to drive with a bit more planning ahead to take this problem into account until they roll out a software fix for it.

Though honestly I haven't taken the car to a dealership about either issue. I bought the car knowing full well about the throttle response delay in the DSG. I've been able to demonstrate it to two salespeople in test drives in different demo cars, but bought it anyway as the other cars in this class (in auto) just get blown away by the Fiesta's drivetrain.
The light dimming issue is more of a minor niggle than anything too major.

Last edited by Caydus; 06-08-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #47
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

If the problem is as bad as you say with the DSG, I'd be taking the service manager out in the car and asking him if it's acceptable - from what you've described it's dangerous and could cause a serious accident. Perhaps put it to him that Ford could be liable if you have an accident? Maybe that would hasten their update?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #48
Caydus

Perhaps, I dont have a day off Mon-Fri but I'll just rock up to a dealership tomorrow and see if they can acknowledge my problem and book me in for a fix.