The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #31
T3man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MkIIFutura
I like watching netball....

Not for the game
Yeahhhhh ... netball=good. Women's Beach Volleyball=better. Women's Mud Wrestling=best.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #32
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
Yeahhhhh ... netball=good. Women's Beach Volleyball=better. Women's Mud Wrestling=best.
Rock and Roll + Womens Roller Derby= HEAVEN
Old 25-11-2009, 11:30 PM   #33
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like I'm not alone! my missus doesn't mind me having old cars, but there is the occasional disagreement on the time and money spent on them.

Had a xmas party in Bendigo last weekend, 60's theme, I couldn't be buggered rushing around finding an outfit at short notice (hadn't planned to go: concrete to pour for the shed, weather said no, so drank a lotta beers at the bosses' expense, he even covered the hotel bill.....). Anyway, about 120km trip, I decided that I'd take one of the 60's cars (EH wagon) instead of do the fancy dress.

"What if it breaks down!???" was the reception I got on the suggestion

"I drive it to work 6 days a week, it hasn't given me trouble for weeks (2 to be exact.....)".....

"Yeah right!" (the starter motor and ignition dramas still fresh in her mind, 2 weeks isn't a long time I guess)....

"Trust me on this" I said (with fingers crossed)....

"But there's no A/C" (thinking of the plus 40's that had preceded the freakishly hot mid-November week)

"It's overcast and rainy, mid 20's, you should be more worried about the heater!"

"Whatever!" and it was done, we were on our way (only after our 16month old girl was dropped off at the mum-in-laws.... in HER "New" EF Fairmont.... no baby seat, let alone seat belts)....

So cruising along, many complaints "Nice wipers..... the stereo is too loud, I can't open the window... I can't close the window" etc etc. Temp gauge creeping up over 200F (don't do this to me, if you get much hotter, she wins.....).... anyway, made it there, even put in a spot of clothes shopping to get myself in the good books (I told her the dress she was wearing didn't look very good...bad move, lesson learnt)

Got back, feeling seedy, went to pick up baby in the EF, wouldn't start.... hmmm I was gonna say it, but good books, keep the peace etc etc

Yeah, she still doesn't like my old cars, really wants a real new car (EF is starting to age), she says Territory, I say G6ET..... but I still have my 3 old cars, and she has been nothing but totally encouraging towards building my big shed, so I can do what I want, all from home. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, I can. I have the trusses and roof done, just need concrete and walls, but it will be nice, and she supports it 100% even if she will never understand my passion for old buckets
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #34
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Since I'm 18 and live at home, my problem is mummy dearest, I suggest something "YOU'RE NOT GETTING THAT" "Don't do this" "The wheels are fine on it at the moment". New cars suck balls, everything just works and you look at it and it voids the warranty.

This is on my Fiesta which I payed for, using my money for mods. I'll think I'll learn from other peoples mistakes and have a few cars instead of a wife.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #35
EL_Mont

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKITZD
At the opposite end of the scale I have had boyfriends who hated cars and anything car related!!

I would go come home with stuff I'd just bought for one of the cars (all excited) and they'd look at me and go... 'meh'...

Lets just say those relationships didn't last long!
they sound pretty homo :P

99_falcon, what do you mean you couldn't afford to change the oil in your car, ford's are the cheapest cars to service!!
If you can afford to have internet to be on this forum, you can certainly afford to do a regular oil change on a ford!!!
EL_Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 12:50 AM   #36
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

my wife loves cars, she is a revhead, loves driving the XR8

mother in law has a HG GTS monaro which she takes cruising a fair bit
Old 26-11-2009, 01:07 AM   #37
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
At the opposite end of the scale I have had boyfriends who hated cars and anything car related!!

I would go come home with stuff I'd just bought for one of the cars (all excited) and they'd look at me and go... 'meh'...

So, yeah, hi there, my name's Rik and I like cars
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 01:21 AM   #38
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I have the best of both worlds...a new car and the XB Coupe.

If you ask me which one I prefer...XB. Since I helped put a different motor in it and have had a go at changing the interior etc, I have discovered the joy of working on an old car. I learned alot about the car too...what parts are called, what goes where etc..I find it all fascinating. When you break it down to basics, the motor car is a modern marvel!

Not too happy about breaking a nail or being covered in grease...but it's all part of it
Old 26-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #39
99_falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_Mont
they sound pretty homo :P

99_falcon, what do you mean you couldn't afford to change the oil in your car, ford's are the cheapest cars to service!!
If you can afford to have internet to be on this forum, you can certainly afford to do a regular oil change on a ford!!!
Not when your currently un-employed with unpaid bills. Also the fact that I'm getting the brakes fixed which isn't cheap!!!
Old 26-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #40
99_falcon

Anyway lets not get judgemental and keep this a happy thread so enough about the oil filter, i was just happy 2 get 1.
Old 26-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #41
ROLLI
KEEPUP

My mrs loves cars really appreciates a nice car always wants to go for a cruise in my car all the time I havnt let her drive it yet she is hanging to. She doesnt like it when its in the work shop taking all of my cash tho lol
Old 26-11-2009, 11:32 AM   #42
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get the why did you do this why did you do that kind of questions

She does like the extra power though so when i get it running 100% i guess she will find something else to sook about

She always has a go about not leaving it stock

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #43
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Missus love's the car's.. Get's right into them but WON'T drive them.. Not after i took her out for XA lesson's.. It's ok just don't get on it in 1st.. So dh here had to show her.. Straight up, straight out lost it and scared 5 colour's of .......... Out of meself.. Lol.. Should take some of my own advice sometime's.. Hehe..
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #44
greens_tuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_falcon
Really people I don't normally get excited over oil filters, this being the 1st time but when u start your car every morning and know that the oil in your engine is as old as the car itself (its not really, just a figure of speech)...I guess im more excited over the fact I can finally change the oil.
Don't worry man, I know how you feel. I've got some maintenance parts coming in the post and I'll be ooing all over the place.

My fiancee watched Love the Beast at the movies with me, she hated it, just like I hate Harry Potter and Twilight lol.

She gets the shits because she thinks I like Dick Johnson more than her lol

Also what is it with women and not understanding that recording a race is not the same as watching it live on tv or at the venue, its the same with any sport... they just don't get it.

She actually likes it when I wash my car, because it means I will open the door for her because I don't want fingerprints all over the clean paintwork.

lol
greens_tuf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #45
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a similar thing with my computer, I have pimped the heck out of it and I am all excited cause it looks the bomb right now (old one blewup) show wife and go hey look how cool this is and all she could say was "quieter than the old one" and walked off!!! I was devastated spent craploads on it and I get "quieter than the old one" talk about a letdown..

ok ontopic now cars : Wife loves the car loves driving it loves the stereo running real loud and stuff, but when it screws up and I need to spend money its the biggest junkheap going and I am an ahole for buying such expensive parts and I should get cheaper ones all the time, loves the car hates the maintenance cost, and I have had many an argument with her over oil changes because older X series cars use abt 4 litre 20w50 (cheap as chips) and the BA uses about 6.5-7 litre of uuh 10w30 or something (dear as poison) she groans constantly and tells me to use the same oil as the XF uses cause its cheaper, and cause I wont this makes me an ahole and the car is dubbed the third testicle cause I spend so much time playing with it..

AND BTW to the guy that said "she didn't look good with the f/lane you got off light I would have had to purchase half a wardrobe to make that one right, and I would then be placed into a medically induced coma when the cred card bill hits.... I advise you not to do that again

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #46
Whitey Ford

My better half is a rev head.

She's a better driver than me.
She is quicker than me on the track (power to weight, she should be quicker!).
Currently manages an Auto parts store.

Drives a turbo Territory.
Whitey Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #47
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Mine is coming around. At first she didnt understand but i was persistent. She will ask me what im doing in the garage and come out and have a quick look now. She hated cruises and the ute because sometimes they do get a bit spirited through the twistys. But then she got the pleasure of driving my ute whilst i was away and everything changed. She now asks to drive places wants to buy a wreck ( jackpot ) so we can spend some time fixing it up. Ive even noticed her complain about peoples ignorance in car parks when walking around other peoples rides. Apparently she told somebody off at her work for walking through the cars and letting their bag run down somebodys car.

Slowly getting there. Still though, mods need to be down played with the "hunny it only cost this much" line.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #48
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

i guess im lucky. the wife insisted i go and buy "one of those big old fords i like". well i did and i even let her choose the colour (out of 2 that i couldnt decide between ). she told me the purple is pretty so wild violet it is!! god love her.
Old 26-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #49
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my girlfriend got upset when i came home with pacemaker extractors because it sounded tougher without them... at least she has taste lol
she used to say "go for it, it makes you happy" until the hundreds i was spending went to thousands and now she tells me off saying its too fast
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #50
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVNM
Mine loves cars but for the love of god she refuses to learn to drive a manual so she can drive the Mustang.
I can drive a manual. Chuck us the keys...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #51
gozza

I think the OP actually has the problem. Your Fiance was right to be uninterested in an Oil Filter. Seriously how the hell is that exciting.
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #52
99_falcon

yea well maybe u guys with money just dont understand. give me a break im going through a rough time ok
Old 26-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #53
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my wife loves cars ,(i wash them, i maintain them, i fix them)she just drives them, OF COURSE SHE LOVES THEM when we buy any parts HER CAR FIRST ,when we fix any car HER CAR FIRST, i can do anything on my cars as long as it doesnt COST MONEY
SO WE ALL WIN
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 05:53 PM   #54
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_falcon
yea well maybe u guys with money just dont understand. give me a break im going through a rough time ok
Get up 'em mate!!.. Your not alone i get excited over the small thing's to!! Finally found the chrome valve cap's i was chasing for week's.. Jumped in the car with them, missus was about bloody time no more whinging.. Woohoo.. :
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #55
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
I think the OP actually has the problem. Your Fiance was right to be uninterested in an Oil Filter. Seriously how the hell is that exciting.
Thats a bit out of line mate. Different strokes for differnt folks. No need to come into his thread and post up crap like this, just ignore the thread if you can't see the point, rather than insulting the guy.

Pull your head in!
XR6TCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #56
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:

Marry me lol!!
Old 26-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #57
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
I have the best of both worlds...a new car and the XB Coupe.

If you ask me which one I prefer...XB. Since I helped put a different motor in it and have had a go at changing the interior etc, I have discovered the joy of working on an old car. I learned alot about the car too...what parts are called, what goes where etc..I find it all fascinating. When you break it down to basics, the motor car is a modern marvel!

Not too happy about breaking a nail or being covered in grease...but it's all part of it

Yep I'm the same love my XB, and did mos tof the work on it myself prior to ever being in a relationship...Then i dated jerks who thought it would be a novelty having a girlfriend into cars... Thank goodness I found Kev and don't have that to put up with anymore!

The thing that annoys me is when blokes (partners or otherwise) but in and take over while I'm working on the car!!! Grrr..... :
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post