Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-04-2017, 12:36 PM   #31
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Default Re: new towbar....not real pleased

I have been around for a while. Have used many brands and many dealer workshops and even worked at a few.

I stand by what I said.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2017, 12:43 PM   #32
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggsy View Post
It is not beyond the ability of the manufacturer to specify in its parts list a "KIT" number with the contents that make up the compliment of individual parts required, of course per tow rating required and vin number. This means that when a spare part dude orders a kit he gets the lot from manufacturers distribution centre. the distributor assembles all the parts into the kit and whoopee the customer gets all the correct parts (or workshop).
Believe it or not, the logistics of doing that, as well as the problems that can occur make it an unviable proposition
Old 17-04-2017, 12:54 PM   #33
meggsy
Meggsy

I have worked with computerised retreival systems that use far more complex algorithms to retrieve a parts list from a parts catalogue ordering system . The process ford or any other manufacturer vehicle or other product uses on a production line is no more complex than what I described it's just done from production planning orders.
Austin 1800 Mk 1
Current - 2016 SZII TDCi TX AWD
Last car RIP my first Ford - a 2011 Territory TDCi TX AWD
2016 Territory TDCi - sold that because of issues with TOD 2 repairs and 4 replacement units then Ford Customer service told me its a charecteristic of the car Live with it.
Traded "Terry" for a VW Touareg 7P 180 Kw/air Suspension
meggsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #34
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggsy View Post
I have worked with computerised retreival systems that use far more complex algorithms to retrieve a parts list from a parts catalogue ordering system . The process ford or any other manufacturer vehicle or other product uses on a production line is no more complex than what I described it's just done from production planning orders.
If it was simply that easy, when I order a new engine for the car, I wouldnt have to refer to the bulletin that give me something like 25-30 extra part lines to order just to do the job correctly.

Doing it on a smaller scale is easy, but when you have one central distribution warehouse in Melbourne that feeds several smaller "direct dealers" instead of a distribution centre in each state, the logistics of having the staff to collate the kits simply gets too expensive for the state level distributors.

The system thats in place works well and has no need to upgrade provided you have people who are competent, and you cant replace all the staff with computers and robots