Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #31
LXL15

Default Re: Anyone finding uni disengaging and boring?

Like a lot of others, my course has only started getting interesting now, in my 3rd of 5 years. I'm doing Eng/Arts, and thought that the Arts would keep me sane from all the maths etc in Eng, but after doing three Arts subjects last semester, boy was I glad to get back into some proper, defined subjects haha. I also hated first year uni with a passion (it was heaps too slow and simplified for my liking).

My advice would be make sure about the transfer before you do it. I had a couple of mates transfer last year. One dropped out of Eng altogether to do Commerce and absolutely hates it (he thought it would be 'easier', even though his marks in eng were much better). Another mate was the complete opposite. He was doing just Mechatronic Eng, then trasnferred into a double with Commerce in his fourth year, and loves it. So basically, it might be worse as well as better, but if it is, you can keep trying to find the right course even up to your final year haha.

Also, industry experience is really useful for determining what you want to do, uni isn't anything like the workplace generally. (even if the work is volunteering work)
LXL15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #32
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Lol, my everyday situation.

I'm looking at doing online Uni studying an IT degree just so I can further myself in my current job but not committed to starting yet as there are too many things in my life that are up in the air so I can concentrate on the job at hand.
I did a (work paid) semester of Open Universities (IIRC) a couple of years ago. If work didn't pay for it, I wouldn't have bothered. It was pretty simple if you did the work but I just had too much of my own work to do to dedicate to this.

I think I did Java Programming and something about servers - can't remember. Aced the lot with 100% on every prac with little to no effort at all. There was no schooling from the lecturer, it was all self taught and if you got stuck with something you were working on, you could post questions into an open forum at certain times and wait for a response. Ended up having to go to the States for a couple of weeks through work and couldn't sit the finals - hence a fail.

If it's a requirement through work in order to further your career (or getting into management) and you're willing to put the time in, it's not difficult if you're disciplined. If it's not a work requirement and you want to remain technical, then I'd suggest going the certification route. You'd spend less time and certain certifications are highly regarded.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #33
Dr Jekkyl

Not sure how old you are mate but maybe a year off would be right for you?

A common problem is that first year uni coincides with first year of relative independence (being 18 and all).

I took a year off between high school and uni........certainly made me appreciate the value of tertiary education!

I now have 9 years of uni under my belt, sure I took the long way around but I am exactly where I need/want to be with VERY good prospects for the future.
Dr Jekkyl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #34
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

UNI for me each semester goes somthing like this:

The the start of the Semester - you're full of life, your class mates are interesting and funny and your lecturer is engaging and cultured. There's that guy who bring lettuce to class which everyone thinks is hilarious and that girl down the front always asks the most intelligent questions.

Mid-Semester - Your class mates all have bad body odour, it smells like wet nerd every time you walk into the computer labs. The lettuce guy is now eating potatos and that know-it-all who always puts her hand up and asks 20-friggin-questions has a gum target painted on her back the size of the Nullabor. The lecturer seems to just open his mouth and emit mono-tone wavelengths that are only made comprehensible by the random flicker of a powerpoint slide show that had about as much thought and foresight as a Friday night drunk slumped fast asleep in the gutter.

End of Semester - My class mate are direct decends from Children of the Corn, spawned from the very bowls of hell itself. Freakshow is now eating raw sewage, or at least that's what his breath smells like when I'm the last unlucky S.O.B who's late to a class and has to sit next to him, on the days I even bother to show up. Whats-her-face mysteriously disappeared a week ago and if that MOTHERFU-... "STOP KICKING THE BACK OF MY CHAIR OR I'LL RIP YOUR EYEBALLS OUT THROUGH YOUR BLOODY KNEE CAPS!!"

Exams -

Semester Break: ... Boy oh boy that was a tough but rewarding semster... I can't wait until the next one starts

Currently finishing off my 4th year of uni, 4 subjects to go and that's the bachelors. Then on to postgrad / masters for another few years.

1st Year - Boring as hell, core subjects failed hard
2nd Year - Awesome, lots of electives I actually wanted to do
3rd Year - Epic, got to do some post-grad units and more of what I wanted
4th Year - OH GOD WHEN WILL IT END!
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real

Last edited by grandpa_spec_F6; 23-08-2011 at 12:27 AM.
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2011, 02:08 AM   #35
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

If your feeling disenchanted with uni, then I would suggest taking some time off.

I crashed and burned badly at the beginning of second year in 2007 (in my final semester now). Didn't want to be there, couldn't be bothered with the work, didn't see myself getting anywhere.
I was severely depressed and almost ruined my relationship with my partner (we're now engaged).

I took 6 months off (second half of 2007). Bummed around for a bit, ended up working full time at coles and at the end of it I wanted to go back. While work and cash were good, it wasn't engaging enough for me.

Some subjects are crap, others are good. But it mostly depend upon the lectures. They can make or break subjects. Relate it back to what you want to do and it will make it work it and you'll enjoy it a bit more.

Also if possible, find an extra curricular thing or program that relates what your learning to real life. It helps you put the theory into reality.
I'm a mechanical engineer and in my 4th year of FSAE. Building a racecar with the uni's money is never a bad thing. It also helps you get great photo's like my avatar

Cheers
Boffin
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2011, 02:26 AM   #36
thedutchman92

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo
If your feeling disenchanted with uni, then I would suggest taking some time off.

I crashed and burned badly at the beginning of second year in 2007 (in my final semester now). Didn't want to be there, couldn't be bothered with the work, didn't see myself getting anywhere.
I was severely depressed and almost ruined my relationship with my partner (we're now engaged).

I took 6 months off (second half of 2007). Bummed around for a bit, ended up working full time at coles and at the end of it I wanted to go back. While work and cash were good, it wasn't engaging enough for me.

Some subjects are crap, others are good. But it mostly depend upon the lectures. They can make or break subjects. Relate it back to what you want to do and it will make it work it and you'll enjoy it a bit more.

Also if possible, find an extra curricular thing or program that relates what your learning to real life. It helps you put the theory into reality.
I'm a mechanical engineer and in my 4th year of FSAE. Building a racecar with the uni's money is never a bad thing. It also helps you get great photo's like my avatar

Cheers
Boffin
Way to go mate, sounds like you made the right decisions. i agree enitrely with the "don't see myself getting anywhere" mindset, I must be in the wrong course, need to get a job again so I don't have to live from week to week and I know it will boost my morale.
thedutchman92 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2011, 03:15 AM   #37
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedutchman92
Way to go mate, sounds like you made the right decisions. i agree enitrely with the "don't see myself getting anywhere" mindset, I must be in the wrong course, need to get a job again so I don't have to live from week to week and I know it will boost my morale.
You do seem to be like I was. Defer your course for 6 months/a year and see how you feel.

If you go out and work and don't want to come back, then great, you have a job already.

If you do want to come back, then great, you have some more coin, perhaps a part time job and still have a uni place waiting for you

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2011, 05:07 AM   #38
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

I was at uni +25 years ago and lasted two semesters. I did manage to spend considerable time with the lots of female psychology students (real party animals).

This was before the days of hex fee's and my parents helped with fees, I felt bad wasting my parents money, so I quite.

Having a degree is important but I think they've become commodities, if you're in need of surgery, then you'd probably want someone highly qualified, educated from a reputable university/hospital, likewise you'd probably think twice about hiring an engineer with a degree from an online/correspondence university.

Also, many people with degrees can not get into their chosen fields, and they make do with all sorts of of odd jobs.

It was a difficult decision for me to quite. My advice, don’t jump out of a plane without a parachute, so you’d better have an “enjoyable” job ready and waiting if you do quite.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #39
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lots of good advice here.

I'm not a 'natural studier'; so I always found studying really tough. Put it another way, I hate it.

My advice is pick a goal and run with it. Do everything that needs to be done to get there. As my (PHD qualified) boss said to me at the time, just get 4's & 5's; that's all that really counts. Your GPA won't be printed on your degree - they're printed out all the same.

Tick off the subjects as you go, and think of that all important piece of paper waiting at the end. That piece of paper will ensure your salary will always be well above the average wage (except if you have an Arts degree of course).

If taking 6 months off clears your head, then do that as well. If anything, it will give you time to think what's important. It's important to set up your future, in so many ways. Like being able to buy the current model Ford
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #40
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Do you mean that people these days go to Uni to actually learn something?

Geez, when I was (a lot) younger all most people did at Uni was indulge heavily in illegal chemicals and protest against the Vietnam war!!

Note... a lot of those people are now running Oz !!
Old 26-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #41
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

Sometimes even when you're doing what you want to be doing it can still suck. I'm doing my PhD in Physics and every day I wonder if it's the right thing. I clearly love the field, but uni can be very stressful especially if you work a lot to pay for it.
Old 26-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #42
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At least dutchman92 you go to La Trobe in Bundoora where it has residence and some fun life. Mine has no res, no community, no fun.
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #43
thedutchman92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda
Lots of good advice here.

I'm not a 'natural studier'; so I always found studying really tough. Put it another way, I hate it.

My advice is pick a goal and run with it. Do everything that needs to be done to get there. As my (PHD qualified) boss said to me at the time, just get 4's & 5's; that's all that really counts. Your GPA won't be printed on your degree - they're printed out all the same.

Tick off the subjects as you go, and think of that all important piece of paper waiting at the end. That piece of paper will ensure your salary will always be well above the average wage (except if you have an Arts degree of course).

If taking 6 months off clears your head, then do that as well. If anything, it will give you time to think what's important. It's important to set up your future, in so many ways. Like being able to buy the current model Ford
Absolutely spot on mate
Old 27-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #44
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's funny that this thread has popped, because I went to an open day at Newcastle Uni today. I'm interested in doing Science, because I always loved it when I was in high school.

I'm doing Tafe atm, so I have pretty good time management and don't mind the extra pressure of doing multiple tasks at once. Being 25 it's something I have thought about, but never put in any serious consideration. The only dilemma I have is whether to live on campus or not. I don't live that far away, but I figure actually living on campus would be the best way to go to get me motivated to do the work.

I'm going to give it a go in the next couple of weeks and submit some applications.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #45
thedutchman92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
It's funny that this thread has popped, because I went to an open day at Newcastle Uni today. I'm interested in doing Science, because I always loved it when I was in high school.

I'm doing Tafe atm, so I have pretty good time management and don't mind the extra pressure of doing multiple tasks at once. Being 25 it's something I have thought about, but never put in any serious consideration. The only dilemma I have is whether to live on campus or not. I don't live that far away, but I figure actually living on campus would be the best way to go to get me motivated to do the work.

I'm going to give it a go in the next couple of weeks and submit some applications.
Hey fel, I thought the same but you will find that the opposite is true. You will likely be distracted heaps and find yourself drinking a fair bit as a result of peer pressure and not wanting to miss out on a single minute.
Old 27-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #46
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A tad more advice for those 'teetering'...

I did 10 years of night school (TAFE + University); at *some* cost to friendships etc.

Set yourself a 5 year goal, think where you want to be in 5 years time. And the end result is the 'carrot' you strive for. Don't let any distractions deter you. Keep the blinkers on all the way through.

The hard yards pay off - believe me. Those mates who wanted to go out and party whilst you were studying (an extra hard & harsh reminder of where you're going) won't be on your level once you've achieved. They won't have the same resources available as you to get that new car, support an entire family (if/when that time arises), etc.

Having said all that, you can still have a life; just keep your Saturday nights free, so Sunday can be used for completing tute assignments ,etc.

That's it from uncle Forda for a bit.
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2011, 02:55 PM   #47
Poidevin

You really can't judge uni from your first year experience, practically all courses are the same structure. They give you an introduction to university life (essays, refrencing etc.) and a small introduction to the course. I help out with student recruitment at Murdoch uni (Perth, WA) and it's incredible to see and hear all the first years vastly different experiences. Keep with it until 2nd year and you'll get into the really interesting stuff.

I myself changed courses 5 times before I found one that I was actually interested in and even then I had a year of intro to politics, US foreign policy and the like.
Poidevin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #48
V8GT

uni is awsome, drinking 3 times a week, chatting up girls all day...
what more could ya want?... besides a bit more $$$
V8GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #49
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Do you mean that people these days go to Uni to actually learn something?

Geez, when I was (a lot) younger all most people did at Uni was indulge heavily in illegal chemicals and protest against the Vietnam war!!

Note... a lot of those people are now running Oz !!
You still get that...they're called art students.
Old 28-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #50
thedutchman92

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate_g
uni is awsome, drinking 3 times a week, chatting up girls all day...
what more could ya want?... besides a bit more $$$
Only 3 times a week mate?
Old 28-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #51
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

Second Year History student reporting here.

Mate i was in the same boat. Finished school in '08, went immediately to uni doing a Science Degree. I hated it. Did 6 months then took a year off. I tried a few things, did tafe for 6 months, then worked full time for 6 months, and after the year i decided to change my course and come back.

Now don't get me wrong, i still wag the occasional tute/lec but it's a lot better than before. Like everybody else has suggested, take 6 months or a year off and do other things. If you like me, Your worked your bum off in grade 12 to get a decent O.P. then went straight into uni, without really experiencing life after education.

Get some life experience. Uni doesn't seem to bad after all when you think about it.

Good luck champ!

Last edited by geckoGT; 28-08-2011 at 11:19 PM. Reason: If your word does not make it throught the language filter, don't use it.
Jock260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #52
Zero_PSI
Banned

My problem with study is the lack of consistency, I have no idea what I'm suppose to be doing and when. Lecturers are useless as they don't actually lecture. Can't wait to finish then apply for uni.
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #53
hawker

Lots of people tend to pick a degree based on what they loved at school - and many find out quickly that it can be a lot different at uni. Some people take a while to work out what they really want.

One of my friends, spent 8 years at uni, and went through about 5 degrees. My best mate from uni, started out doing Chemical Engineering at UNSW, then came to CSU Wagga and did a BA Multimedia degree, didn't like it, ended up coming across to the BA TV Production with me. He didn't finish his degree, but ended up in the job he wants. A broadcast engineer.

I tend to tell people if you really like a field, stick with it, it sometimes gets better. Problem is, you really need to be sure, because either way, it's an expensive exercise to turn around after say 2 years of a degree and say "hmmm, this isn't for me" and move to something else... At the end of the day, if you're lucky and find another degree you like, sometimes you can take across some of your classes from your first degree (But not always, especially if you jump from say science to arts). I was always driving my senior lecturer mad because I'd try and do classes that were not really secondary to the degree. But I thought they should be. I am thankful that I talked him into letting me do Stage Management. Best elective I ever did.

Best advice I can give, is, if you see a degree that you think that seems ok, find someone doing it (it won't take much work at all) but try and find someone who actually studies, don't go down to the uni pub and try and seek out good advice, find someone who actually goes to class, and quiz them about the subjects, see if you can look at their subject outlines and perhaps some assignments. Again, a lot of people jump ship because something sounds good, but doesn't mean it's for them...
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #54
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
If it's a requirement through work in order to further your career (or getting into management) and you're willing to put the time in, it's not difficult if you're disciplined. If it's not a work requirement and you want to remain technical, then I'd suggest going the certification route. You'd spend less time and certain certifications are highly regarded.
Just coming back to this post, it would be in my own interest because I know my company won't pay for it. So I would be able to secure a spot in another company if the opportunity arose.

I did think of the certification route, but then thought I should get a diploma cause it may open more doors, and then thought about the degree cause it may open even more doors.

Like Jerry Seinfeld says in the Greater ads: "Why have silver when you can have gold?"
Old 29-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #55
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jock260
Second Year History student reporting here.

Mate i was in the same boat. Finished school in '08, went immediately to uni doing a Science Degree. I hated it. Did 6 months then took a year off. I tried a few things, did tafe for 6 months, then worked full time for 6 months, and after the year i decided to change my course and come back.

Now don't get me wrong, i still wag the occasional tute/lec but it's a lot better than before. Like everybody else has suggested, take 6 months or a year off and do other things. If you like me, Your worked your bum off in grade 12 to get a decent O.P. then went straight into uni, without really experiencing life after education.

Get some life experience. Uni doesn't seem to bad after all when you think about it.

Good luck champ!
See the thing with my situation is I left high school in 2002. In that time I've had a dozen or so jobs and have been to Tafe a couple of times (Completed the HSC in 2007). Now I'm doing TPC (Tertiary Preparation Certificate) which is a course designed to prepare people for uni.

I'm at this stage of my life where I want to try and make something of myself instead of saying I'll do something, but never actually do it. I was a tool when I was younger. Could never hold a job and said all these grand things, but because I never had the drive and motivation it was all talk.

Anyway I'm not sure I would've handled the transition from high school to uni, because back when I was 16/17 like most kids that age I just wasn't interested in sticking my head down and all I was interested in was girls and cars.

Now I'm in my mid 20s I actually quite enjoy studying. I probably didn't really need to do this course I'm currently doing as I done alright in the HSC. I mainly done this course for interest's sake, but as the year has rolled on my interest for uni has been rejuvenated again.

I'm glad this thread showed up, because I was thinking of making one myself and just wasn't sure starting a uni degree at my age is/was the right way to go.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #56
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you r time, get the piece of paper and make sure you get real-world work experience as you do the degree. Hopefully then you will be able to get a job straight up.

I felt the same, and when I got out into the big bad world I realised that the theory of Uni was so far off the mark with much of what I needed to learn to survive and proper in media.

My only advice is to get working in what ever industry it is you are studying for while you are at uni. Unpaid workl experience helps so much to get that first gig.

Anyway, the engaging and interesting part of Uni is at the bar and in the beds of the girls you study with... that's what I found
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #57
z80
Banned

Your political degree is a waste of time and money.

Politicians don't need degrees...just $300 deposit and a door knock campaign will get you to Canberra.

You need to get a job or start a small business, your options are limited at University so why keep flogging a horse that's going around in circles?
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #58
XRDeeze
UTRIED

dam i must be missing out on something coz i never went to uni , and didnt plan too. (too dumb lol) i didnt even listen to the teachers and everything they talked about in fron of class just went in one ear out the next so i guess the education wasnt my thing i just wanted a Job really and get stuck into it.

When i left school I had no idea what I wanted to do so kinda went job hunting , and had no luck for about a year - was just doing odd part time jobs along the way - but as soon as i sign up to job find or some company that look for work , i got in touch with APG a galvanising plant. and have reap the benefits of just havin a go. before you know it 3 months just flew by and they offered me Forklift ticket , gantry crane . EWP etc so i guess you put in what you get out. I admit it wasnt easy at first coz you feel lost in not knowing what gonna happen next but i just gave it a go , and have enjoyed being here for about a year now . cant wait to get my HR licence ^^ who needs uni? looool
XRDeeze is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #59
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawker
Lots of people tend to pick a degree based on what they loved at school - and many find out quickly that it can be a lot different at uni. Some people take a while to work out what they really want.

One of my friends, spent 8 years at uni, and went through about 5 degrees. My best mate from uni, started out doing Chemical Engineering at UNSW, then came to CSU Wagga and did a BA Multimedia degree, didn't like it, ended up coming across to the BA TV Production with me. He didn't finish his degree, but ended up in the job he wants. A broadcast engineer.

I tend to tell people if you really like a field, stick with it, it sometimes gets better. Problem is, you really need to be sure, because either way, it's an expensive exercise to turn around after say 2 years of a degree and say "hmmm, this isn't for me" and move to something else... At the end of the day, if you're lucky and find another degree you like, sometimes you can take across some of your classes from your first degree (But not always, especially if you jump from say science to arts). I was always driving my senior lecturer mad because I'd try and do classes that were not really secondary to the degree. But I thought they should be. I am thankful that I talked him into letting me do Stage Management. Best elective I ever did.

Best advice I can give, is, if you see a degree that you think that seems ok, find someone doing it (it won't take much work at all) but try and find someone who actually studies, don't go down to the uni pub and try and seek out good advice, find someone who actually goes to class, and quiz them about the subjects, see if you can look at their subject outlines and perhaps some assignments. Again, a lot of people jump ship because something sounds good, but doesn't mean it's for them...
This ^^^ is some of the best advice I've read. I started doing logistics, because I loved transport and warehousing (yep, nerd reporting for duty )...I got very disenchanted by it, and switched to communications. Once again, disenchanted...the education degree I started...loving it...so I lock myself away to study and imagine the day that I can go and work with special needs kids, where I can really reward myself for all the effort and lack of social life I have now...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2011, 03:01 AM   #60
sudszy
Banned

at the end of the day, one isnt going to uni to be entertained, its the piece of paper at the end that should be kept in mind and whether indeed that piece of paper will open any doors for you in an area that you would like to work.

3 or 4 years studying? well a uni year is only half a real working year in reality, so make that 1.5 years of your life being bored and disengaged. It could be painful in the short term but consider having no option but to take up employment that is disengaging, boring and underpaid for the next 45+ years.
sudszy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post