Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-08-2020, 06:14 PM   #1
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: New Ford Australia President & CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
to be fair though, most people are not us. we'd probably all prefer to see an advert telling us what the handling is like, how the car accelerates, or that its got active exhaust valves.

the truth is though that most buyers male and female alike, don't give a stuff. a car for most is white goods. as long as it is reliable, frugal and can connect to their phones they don't really look any further. why advertise features most buyers don't care about?
It's not about what enthusiasts want to see in ads, these ones just don't connect with the public
and haven't done so for years because Ford's research is just so stale, they can't even identify
what buyers want.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2020, 06:18 PM   #2
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
to be fair though, most people are not us. we'd probably all prefer to see an advert telling us what the handling is like, how the car accelerates, or that its got active exhaust valves.

the truth is though that most buyers male and female alike, don't give a stuff. a car for most is white goods. as long as it is reliable, frugal and can connect to their phones they don't really look any further. why advertise features most buyers don't care about?
Interesting you say that, my wife (so car illiterate it took 3 days before she realised she was driving a G6ET ) drove our daughter's new Focus Titanium today and there is one feature which would have her dump the Territory in 1 second.....heated seats...she loved Sync3 over the laggy Sync2, enjoyed the smaller size but raved about the heated seats...mind you Melbourne today is damn cold...
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-08-2020, 10:25 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Interesting you say that, my wife (so car illiterate it took 3 days before she realised she was driving a G6ET ) drove our daughter's new Focus Titanium today and there is one feature which would have her dump the Territory in 1 second.....heated seats...she loved Sync3 over the laggy Sync2, enjoyed the smaller size but raved about the heated seats...mind you Melbourne today is damn cold...
Man I can't stand heated seats, feels like you just crapped your dacks with a decent load of the runs after a night of drinking mixed drinks with HFCS riddled soft drinks
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2020, 12:46 PM   #4
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Man I can't stand heated seats, feels like you just crapped your dacks with a decent load of the runs after a night of drinking mixed drinks with HFCS riddled soft drinks
I'll take your word for that, luckily I've not been in that situation...I'd superglue the switch to On just to see your daily reaction......me I cannot live without them, like a real quick massage that gets the blood moving.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 05-08-2020 at 12:51 PM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2020, 07:15 AM   #5
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting times at Ford. Jim Farley replacing Jim Hacket as CEO. https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...t-and-ceo.html
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2020, 01:31 PM   #6
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
Interesting times at Ford. Jim Farley replacing Jim Hacket as CEO. https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...t-and-ceo.html
Positive move. Hackett was bought in to make the company more efficient, which he has basically completed. Now he is retiring, bring in someone who is more a car guy. Farley spent a lot of years at Toyota and Lexus and was the logical choice for ceo.

Better than someone with no auto experience like Hackett.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2020, 06:03 PM   #7
Oldbugger

They may as well continue the cleanout and get rid of the CFO as well. He is as useless as she was.

Pass Ride: FG GT White
Oldbugger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post