Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-01-2008, 08:52 PM   #31
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

Motivation seems to be losing its way a fair bit .I think its trying to hard to please everyone but this seems to hurt another group of people .
I also think it favors the late models a bit Why I don't know it maybe because they enter ealy and theres a lot but they are everywhere every day so why would you pay 38 dollars to see them in show when theres just as much in the car park .
I have said it before and I will say it again theres got to be a better way to choose cars .
I would like to see import cars and late models kept to the ones that deserve it not the one that make up numbers as they do have their own shows .
I think last year hurt a few of the early model cars so the numbers might have been down due to this .
Plus the entery fee as a spectator and enterant is very high .
Tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #32
Poorboy_racer

I would guess so, he didnt look too happy at the time. Gave a sickening 'crunch' as it hit.
Poorboy_racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 03:06 AM   #33
Darkr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony xa
Motivation seems to be losing its way a fair bit .I think its trying to hard to please everyone but this seems to hurt another group of people .
I also think it favors the late models a bit Why I don't know it maybe because they enter ealy and theres a lot but they are everywhere every day so why would you pay 38 dollars to see them in show when theres just as much in the car park .
I do agree to a point, Tony did you enter your car in? I was keeping an eye out for it and didn't manage to see it on the day.

I did see you on whitfords av though the other week at the lights near the shopping centre, gave you a thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970galaxie
And are there any complaints about the $38 entry fee?
Oh yeah, one from me!!
Is a tad high, I got over it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by capriv8
I dropped down for a quick look today and watched the supercruise and had a good laugh at all the holdens that had to pushed off the snakepit.
That was funny, 4 of 5 blew their load, one that didn't only went for 30 odd seconds. One of the vs's went for a fair while, stopped, and two seconds later BANG. ha ha.
Darkr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #34
Poorboy_racer

http://www.highoctanephotos.com/ind...mbnails&album=5
2562 pictures up now, with only 1 of our Fairlane. Guess the photographers not a Ford fan :(
Old 22-01-2008, 11:58 AM   #35
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrane
Fred (FEAR) stacked his monaro in the pad? Any pics?

It wasn't Freds. ;)
BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #36
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorboy_racer
My daughter in the mini (who was located in the pits) went round once overheated (as did a lot of cars) cooled down and still had time to go out again.
i work in the office at the spud shed and used to see her car out here all the time!! looked pretty tidy.
Old 22-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #37
TuMor
its not a!

Agree there was too many late model cars, also seemed to be much bigger holden tunout.
So sick of gen3 ss's lowered with rims, sure some had superchargers but still didnt stand out for me, waaay too many of them.
Loved the supercharged green ef xr8ute 974hp amazing. Stood out so much compared to that big group of gm gear surrounding it. Entering my car for sure next year.

Charcoal Black
ohh yeeah
TuMor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #38
Tony xa

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

[QUOTE=Darkr]I do agree to a point, Tony did you enter your car in? I was keeping an eye out for it and didn't manage to see it on the day.

I did see you on whitfords av though the other week at the lights near the shopping centre, gave you a thumbs up

I didn't enter this year as I am a believer in if its not different this year then why would people want to see it again the same way .
I would like to do some more work this winter to the car and then if all goes well enter next year .

On that day I took the car out that happened alot but I can remember whitfords lights Thanks
Old 23-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #39
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Motorvation is cack.

The so called elite hall is a joke and their is no order everywhere else...... i go every year hoping that things will change, looks like i'll have to wait another year...

Bring on Big Als at least there are decent cars there and i wont get run over tyring to look at them.
Old 23-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #40
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm waiting for the powercruise later in the year
Jorgo85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2008, 11:55 PM   #41
Tony xa

I think its time to have another show that is truely Wa based high performance cars I guess just like the powercruise but at a desent time of the year .
The better events here in Perth at the moment are things such as Big Als and ace ford run .
Motivation is still good but its getting so big that it can not please everyone but it seems the ones that are not happy are those that it was started from (street machines) .
Old 24-01-2008, 12:02 AM   #42
AdzT3-146
own the road

When is powercruise on? is it at Kwinana?

sorry still new to perth and getting to know whats on and what times.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 08:19 AM   #43
Tony xa

Powercruise is on in october and at barbagallo .
Old 24-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #44
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony xa
Powercruise is on in october and at barbagallo .
This should be good, i still think there will be an abundance of jap crap........
Old 24-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #45
Poorboy_racer

Big Als is going to be restricted to the oler cars this year. Up to XC I think.