Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-04-2005, 01:51 AM   #31
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

This is a bit late, but that's because I've been off the computer all day.
They made an extreme sacrifice.
My great(perhaps great great?) Grandfather served in the first World War, and I only remember seeing a picture of him, nothing else.
My Grandfather was a conscientious objector, and was sent to a work camp during WWII.
I disagree with war, and wish that we could abolish it in all but memory, however we can all acknowledge the sacrifices made by those men, for their families, countries, beliefs, and future generations.
Lest We Forget.
Old 26-04-2005, 02:01 AM   #32
xrgran

My father served in the war on a Navy ship, and thankfully he is still with us. Many of my relatives served for this great country we live in, and I am extremely greatful for their courage and determination to protect us all and stand up for their beliefs.

To all those whose relatives fought in the war(s), be proud of them for they have accomplished many great things and given us freedon to live in the lucky country.

Lest We Forget...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 03:41 AM   #33
One Drone
Lane HO

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDSLIDER
Some people see ANZAC day as a public holiday, and others see it as a day where AUSTRALIANS from all around the world stop to remember those who fought for us.
When life seems all to hard, remember we have it easy.

Lest We Forget

Big Luke(In China)
G'day mate, just curious. Where abouts in China are you located?
One Drone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post