Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-08-2005, 12:08 AM   #31
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Too scarey....... Bedibyes for me (with doona over my head)... Any noises you girls deal with em
night
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 12:49 AM   #32
neb
hibernating

i don't really believe in ghosts.. well never had a ghost experience.

just been reading through all of that montecristo website and its freaking me out a bit :P
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 01:30 AM   #33
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

havent made up my mind, from other peoples stories that seem so real, it makes me believe them, but i stand by the fact that seeing is believing.
-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 08:11 AM   #34
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
I am not being a smartiepants here.... But why do females seem to always experience (and DEAL with , so nicely) all these so called paranormal phenomena so much more readily than guys?..
(Demi Moore, maybe?)
Hmmm, yes but my hubby has seen stuff too so I don't think that is necessarily a "girl thing". Perhaps it's perceptions... sometimes those that are, for want of a better word, "attuned" to things beyond materialism (also belief or having/keeping an open mind may help? lol) may see/hear/feel things that others may not? Just a guess.

Up here in the Mountains there are some weirdass freaky people (witches, satanists etc) so that helps lol. Also the ages of some of the houses/guest houses, as well as places like old hospitals/nursing homes/orphanages etc add to the ghostly possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 01:45 PM   #35
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

i have heard a ghost and felt something in the old Fremantle Asylum. i believe there is a lot more to this universe than humans will ever be able to explain.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #36
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSgerry
.................. i believe there is a lot more to this universe than humans will ever be able to explain.
Very true! But to invent spooks, and poltergeists to explain the unknown, or to fill in the blanks of existing knowledge, is something best left to 2nd rate American TV show scriptwriters.!!!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #37
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

i live in an old queenslander, and my cat lets me know when they are about, he stands on his tippy claws and his fur stands on end ...
Hardtopxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 05:02 PM   #38
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

yea i believe it, i don't want to but to many things have proved me wrong. i know of i kid that would make anyone believe lol

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #39
neb
hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno
yea i believe it, i don't want to but to many things have proved me wrong. i know of i kid that would make anyone believe lol
yeah... explain?
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 06:08 PM   #40
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Cant say I do but I do live about 5 mins away from what is supposed to be one of the most haunted places in Australia - www.montecristo.com.au.

We also own a block of land about 300m away from the homestead and are planning to build on it...
Maybe the maid is buried on your block ))

Regards,
Tote
Tote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 06:10 PM   #41
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We share our house with some entities from another dimension, they're all friendly though.
Regards,
Tote
Tote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 06:58 PM   #42
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Friends that I lived with had a double story house in Adelaide, when they moved in the dog that they had would not go up stairs, no matter what they tried!
About 6 months later they had Kim’s sister over and there 2 young kids, so they went looking around the house running up and down the stairs and in and out of the house, a few hours later the heard Tegan, the youngest laughing and talking, they thought that the 2 sisters were playing up stairs in the spare room but when Kelly came in from being out the front they went up to see what Tegan was doing,
She was sitting in the room by herself, when she was asked what she was doing she said talking to the boy, when asked what boy? She looked and said that he was there but had gone when they (her mum and aunt) came up to the room.
They found out that a young boy had died in the house at the age of 11 back in 1926 and that the room was his, thing's were moved around and would go missing then re-appear 2 or 3 weeks later back in the same spot that they were last seen, and the dog that was a pure bred show dog (American erspanial) was now an out side dog and would not come in the house at all.

PLUS...... I have seen my dad a few times and he has been dead since my 19th birthday I'm now 32!
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 08:45 PM   #43
gtfpv
GT

mmmmm f#####!!!!!! this . i'm going back to the Fpv section . i'm gonna keep the lights on too.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 08:46 PM   #44
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Very true! But to invent spooks, and poltergeists to explain the unknown, or to fill in the blanks of existing knowledge, is something best left to 2nd rate American TV show scriptwriters.!!!
yep you definately crack me up sometimes RED.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #45
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tote
We share our house with some entities from another dimension, they're all friendly though.
Regards,
Tote
Sometimes I think we share the forums with them too
Old 29-08-2005, 09:19 PM   #46
FezWit

I think a lot of scary stories are made up for the fuss of it- perfect example being the Amityville Horror. It is one of the most sensational haunted house stories ever thought up, and has been proven a hoax numerous times- and yet people still believe it! I think that there is something beyond reality, and stepping into supernatural, but I think its all a little overdone. Thats my take on it anyway.
FezWit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 02:05 AM   #47
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

What an absolute load of bollocks!

Ghosts and all this stuff is just people making an excuse for something they don't understand. Like God. That is just another load of bollocks made up to make it easier for the non-thinkers to comprehend where the Earth came from and why we exsist.

It's all in the imagination.. I remember working night shift and I had just gone to bed. About 5 minutes later I saw a massive spider on my wall and I lept out of bed to kill it but realised it had been a dream. But it was so realistic I could have SWORN it was there. It took me 5 mins to understand WTF had just happened.

The cause of this "ghost" spider? Sleep disorder caused by an irregular sleeping pattern.

If it was a person instead of a spider I could have claimed to have seen a 'ghost.' Please... hippies and such, stop smoking crack and some back down to Earth! Ghosts! HAH!
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 02:12 AM   #48
Walkinshaw
Two > One

I would add to that if i could.

Ghosts = soft and easy way out of not understanding something.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 02:24 AM   #49
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont believe in them personally, but since its one of those things that can be neither proven or disproven I wont insult people intelligence for what they believe.

Not sure what happens to ppl after they die, but I kinda hope it involves more than worms.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 10:05 AM   #50
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb
yeah... explain?
the kid? well lets just say he see's certin things, just by looking at you he'll be able to tell you more about yourself then you can remember! think thats weird, when he was 4 he had an 'imaginary friend' who lived in the shed in his backyard, anyway he would tell his mum (my mums friend) about his friend, what he looked like and all that sort of stuff, anyway his mum just thought it was one of those phase things kids go through, till they found out by one of the elderly neighbours that what he was saying is actually extremely accurate, there was a young girl who lived there 20 years before hand and fell seriously ill and died in the house. now how would a 4 yr old know this? her name, what she looked like, how old she was and the things she used to do everyday?

i have meet this kid and he scares the sh!t out of me, everything he say's is true, hell he even knew i hated needles cuz of what happend when i was younger (cut my finger off and the docters put 5 needles in the gash...OUCH)

but all i can say is i believe and people can believe what they want it doesn't bother me.

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post