Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-03-2006, 06:20 PM   #31
Mark Edmonds
XLR8

Just did the download straight onto my electric shaver and will upload the flash while I'm taking a ИИИИ tomorrow morning.
Mark Edmonds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #32
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Edmonds
Just did the download straight onto my electric shaver and will upload the flash while I'm taking a ИИИИ tomorrow morning.
What?
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 06:43 PM   #33
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Edmonds
bwwhehehahahahahahahah thats toooooo funny! :
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 06:53 PM   #34
blue terra
au=gold

Mines been flash tuned by 2 different dealers. 1st was last year and then it got done the other weak when it was serviced. Was a good thing cos my fuel diagnostics or somethin like that were out and would feed either too much fuel or not enough fuel. and as far as i know they've both been done free. they get updated regulary. from what i hear.
blue terra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #35
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Melbourne?

Anywhere in Melbourne where i can get it done for free?

Cheers

Simon
Old 23-03-2006, 08:13 PM   #36
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
Anywhere in Melbourne where i can get it done for free?

Cheers

Simon
Come on CASPER.............you're on a first name basis with most Ford Dealer Workshop "service technicians".....I've heard you can't speak highly enough of them. :thebirds:
Seriously though........I emailed Coffey Ford (Dandenong) about a week ago regarding this.......still awaiting a reply, perhaps if I attend spare parts (wallet in hand) & make a purchase, they will take me seriously. Personally, even a $50 service charge wouldn't bother me provided the the benefits outweigh the cost. :hihi:
Old 24-03-2006, 01:06 PM   #37
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Ok

This is crap! I just called Coffey Ford and they said they can't do it at all. And Knox Ford said they can do it but want to charge me $45 roughly for it!

Where do i go?????
Old 24-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #38
Ringo
I see you....

Upgrade of PCM - think of it along the same lines as a Windows patch

I used to do them all the time when I was a tech but I working on BMW's.

There were upgrades to the engine computer coming out regularly to address idle concerns and stuff.

It was nice thing for the Advisors to tell customrs who had complained about some bulltish nothing complaint that we had reprogrammed their control units. Trans computer and body control computers got reprogammed occasionally.

They probably charge FoMoCo for it claiming it as a fix for a customer complaint like we used to.....
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #39
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
This is crap! I just called Coffey Ford and they said they can't do it at all. And Knox Ford said they can do it but want to charge me $45 roughly for it!

Where do i go?????
You might try calling Ford Customer Relations Centre, there is a number on the forums somewhere, do a search.