Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #31
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
So what?????

Do you have any idea why a business opens the front door & lets customers in???

I think i may do my dear boy.
Why because maybe i am in business to.
But i do think car companies or big mining companies have to borrow or sink a lot of money in to the project before they make any profits. it could be 2 or 3 years with a car model and some times up to 10 years with mining.

One of my pet hates is TV educated people who hear that a massive company just made X amount of million dollars profit and then they whinge about it. when in reality, the fact is it's only a slim profit margin.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #32
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan
I think i may do my dear boy.
Why because maybe i am in business to.
But i do think car companies or big mining companies have to borrow or sink a lot of money in to the project before they make any profits. it could be 2 or 3 years with a car model and some times up to 10 years with mining.

One of my pet hates is TV educated people who hear that a massive company just made X amount of million dollars profit and then they whinge about it. when in reality, the fact is it's only a slim profit margin.
Your talking to an accountant so don’t give me "TV educated" BS..

And one point, companies may sink millions into a product in one year, but don’t release it into the P&L in one year. But your not "TV educated" & own your owe business so I'm guessing you already know this!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post