Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-03-2013, 02:14 AM   #31
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fire extinguishers -

I'm sorry but my answer may not be politically correct. I was putting groceries in the back of my car when three young "gentleman" came to me and asked / demanded I give them bus fare or smokes etc otherwise I may regret it.

I immediately went into my "please don't hurt me, I am an old man" routine. As I backed out of the rear of the car I came up with a 1kg extinguisher, pulled the pin and sprayed one of them for two seconds. As he was wiping the stuff from his face I then swung the bottle and connected with his testicles, at which point he was lying in the foetal position. The other two backed away. I continued packing the car, reversed out and drove off.

I live in a very dangerous area of Darwin (slum) known for it's murders and violence. I am often referred to as "that crazy Ol' white man" and most of the time get left alone.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #32
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
I'm sorry but my answer may not be politically correct. I was putting groceries in the back of my car when three young "gentleman" came to me and asked / demanded I give them bus fare or smokes etc otherwise I may regret it.

I immediately went into my "please don't hurt me, I am an old man" routine. As I backed out of the rear of the car I came up with a 1kg extinguisher, pulled the pin and sprayed one of them for two seconds. As he was wiping the stuff from his face I then swung the bottle and connected with his testicles, at which point he was lying in the foetal position. The other two backed away. I continued packing the car, reversed out and drove off.

I live in a very dangerous area of Darwin (slum) known for it's murders and violence. I am often referred to as "that crazy Ol' white man" and most of the time get left alone.

Cheers Vincenzo
I dont see any thing incorect in that,infact if my wife / mother etc (Dont have any old men in my family) were in the same situation I would like to think they would do the same

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #33
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxm View Post
office chairs are just as much fun
if you have access to enough you can have mad drag races

(so Ive been told )

Old 20-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #34
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's good to see important items like fire extinguishers are being used in an intelligent practical manner by a few members. Sad to see some people think they are toys to amuse their small minds leaving them empty when they are needed

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #35
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
It's good to see important items like fire extinguishers are being used in an intelligent practical manner by a few members. Sad to see some people think they are toys to amuse their small minds leaving them empty when they are needed

where?

where has any one said they just left it empty?

Old 20-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #36
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
if you have access to enough you can have mad drag races

(so Ive been told )

Office chairs are good 'cause they spin more and are usually unbalanced!!!!!!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #37
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
I dont see any thing incorect in that,infact if my wife / mother etc (Dont have any old men in my family) were in the same situation I would like to think they would do the same
Sorry to hijack the thread for a moment. If some parents do not instil respect for their elders in their children and they come up against me, what happens happens. They weren't armed so I did not feel threatened. 182cm, 120kg, full beard and ugly as a hat full of bum holes.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #38
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
As he was wiping the stuff from his face I then swung the bottle and connected with his testicles,
Until the penny dropped, I thought you were using a blast of icy CO2:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/cs/horrors/a/attack.htm

new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #39
Stazza_Brendan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had one in my Starion. Was at the drags one night and a friend was running his car with new setup for the first time. The factory setup in that car has the dipstick on the exhaust side right beside the top mount turbo.

During the run the dipstick blew out a bit and covered the turbo/turbo beanie in a coat of oil and set alight in the pits. Put it out within 20seconds of realizing what had happened. Only thing that was stuffed was the turbo beanie. Without fire extinguisher im sure it would have been alot more $$$.

Put one in my Ute behind the seats a while ago. Hope i dont have to use it on my ute, but may end up in a situation again where i use it on someone elses car.
ZF - Optioned interior - Hardlid - Rapidsystems V4.5 kit - GTX3576R - Crow Cams Valve springs - 1000cc KPM injectors - 20" MC Racing Wheels - DashDaq/Cobalt Gauges - 4in dump/3.5in exhaust system - Shockworks Coilovers - 30mm Swaybar - Shockworks 4pot 355mm front brakes - GT R-spec rear brakes
CPV Tuned to 340rwkw
Stazza_Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: