Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #31
marcosambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by used
btw how much is a S40R?
There is no new model S40R - yet. Volvo said its on the cards.

You can get something nearly as quick as the XR5 though (obvious since it has the same engine and weight is similar).

Its the S40 T5

Power output: 162kW
Torque: 320Nm
Acceleration 0-100 km/h [man/auto]: 7.1/7.5
Top speed [man/auto]: 230/225

marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #32
Lagom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosambrose
Its the S40 T5

Power output: 162kW
Torque: 320Nm
Acceleration 0-100 km/h [man/auto]: 7.1/7.5
Top speed [man/auto]: 230/225

AWD added 0.3s to the car's 0-100km/h times.

You can't fit a S60R engine in a C1 car - it's too wide. The 5 cylinder engines in the Volvo and Ford are narrower versions.
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 10:56 AM   #33
FRA
Mr Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagom
You can't fit a S60R engine in a C1 car - it's too wide. The 5 cylinder engines in the Volvo and Ford are narrower versions.
How wide is the S60R engine?
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 11:21 AM   #34
Lagom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRA
How wide is the S60R engine?
Can't remember off the top of my head, but the S40/V50 RNC (C for compact) engines are 200mm narrower & 25mm shorter.
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #35
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
Top Gear

Lap Times

Subaru Impreza STI 1.30.1
Golf R32 1.30.4
Ford Focus RS 1.32.2

maybe you mean another British car show _
No, he is right, it was top gear, and you have quoted the lap time for an STI not the standard rex - BIG difference. The current RS should not be compared with an STI anyway, as it is massively down on power, a new 228 kw version on the other hand, well that's another story.... we'll have to wait and see.

I have watched the episode in question several times, and it was a shootout between the Focus RS, the "bug eyes" model WRX and the Civic type R. It was a dry track and the focus won by "a week" (as Jeremy Clarkson put it) and the wrx was last, some 4 seconds behind the RS. This test is some years old now, and I'm sure the latest incarnation of the rex would do much better, as I believe the bug eyes model was the slowest of the rex's so far, but then expect also that any new RS would be light years quicker than the old one too. Anyway,let’s hope it makes it into production, because it is guaranteed to be one impressive automobile.
:sm_headba
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 11:52 PM   #36
Tim+zetec
2006 zetec

it's called top gear. they recently had the xr5/st on there and it was 0.5 of a second behind that holden monaro thing in the porring rain and fog it just shows how good that car is if they bring the rs out it would fly past the japs in that range they are talking 350 bhp thats bmw m3 range. they wasn't going to bring the rs last year cause they thought the xr5/st would be enough which is not. they are also Basing their decision on its success of it's wrc which is doing well let's hope it does come better start saving.
Tim+zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #37
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

I think the excitement / discussion in this thread (warranted we are at the pointy end of the typical motoring crowd) is evidence enough that the new RS if it eventuates will have a home in many garages in Australia. We would have to hope and pray they can actually manufacture enough for the demand.

Shall i lead prayers? We should probably start now.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:11 AM   #38
Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyagi
Shall i lead prayers? We should probably start now.
blow that for a joke... open a fukin church! we've got enough supporters to fill a few....

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 05:48 PM   #39
used

amen!
used is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2006, 09:32 AM   #40
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Lmao hehehehe thats gold. I think that you should send a sopy of this thread to ford. they might start getting the idea that we want to be included in some of these PERFORMACE cars and not just be left to have the ****y leftovers. the FOCUS RS would be a slam here especially with the demand on petrol and performace, its becoming 2 expensive to run a family V8 or a v8 at for that matter, and the urge for performace small cars is booming. WE NEED RS's AND MORE ST's (also the FEZ ST and the FEZ RS)

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #41
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the next Focus RS would use the new inline six from Volvo?
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #42
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfocusstar
Hey people! I just read in an online magazine that Ford of Europe is seriously considering fast tracking the development of the Focus RS.

the specs are as follows:
-all wheel drive
-2.5 litre [volvo sourced:see xr5] turbo engine
-maxing out 228 kilowatts :thebirds: :

sounds tasty just thinking about it. if they did bring it out i wonder if ford of europe will actually elevate australia up the ladder so we can have decent import levels. i reckon fpv would take charge of this beast. if it did...bye bye to hsv's astra, mazda 3mps and golf r32.
Oh My GOD!

Youre exactly right. Thats what Ford need to sell under FPV's colours as the SERIOUS Focus.

Not the smooth, girl orientated adverts we're getting at the moment.

I'd have one in a heartbeat.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post