Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #31
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

The way things are going here isnt it time to NAME and SHAME him ???????????????????

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #32
motorcycles4eva
love the xa's

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant
The way things are going here isnt it time to NAME and SHAME him ???????????????????
you CANT do that...lol.
its a discussion thread.. unless we can line him up and throw stones at him..? like the good old days??
lol
motorcycles4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #33
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
You've probably get a lot of these threads!!!

my mate drove my car, myself, and him to a bar, he didn't drink, i got picked up by my girlfriend, i let him take my car back to his and I'll pick it up the following day. It seem's lil old mate went for a longer cruise then he told me and not just back home... by through a speed camera, it is $142 and 1 point.
I think the section in bold sums up most of it...You trusted him with your car but he went outside of the bounds of that trust.
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #34
saber
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcycles4eva
you CANT do that...lol.
its a discussion thread.. unless we can line him up and throw stones at him..? like the good old days??
lol
"He who has no sinned shall cast the first stone"

Jesus one liner for the win!!!

PS: The exact same situation occurred for me, but the car involved was my girlfriends. She lent me the car so I could get to uni, and I was caught speeding (68 in a 60 zone). When the ticket came in, and it was confirmed I was the driver, there was not even a moment’s hesitation in what to do: I have fcked up, I paid the fine and took the points hit. I honestly can’t see why you OP, should have to take a points hit if you didn’t commit the crime. :

Last edited by saber; 01-06-2009 at 04:51 PM.
saber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #35
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i dont think many people in this thread have thoroughly read the OP's first post.

1st - his mate never said he wouldn't pay it. just wasnt very tactful about whos paying
2nd - his mate admitted it immediately.
3rd - The OP is showing concern about his mates license, saying he's already on probation about something else and if thats true it could probably end up throwing another 3/6mths onto his driving suspension.

That being said, i would still make him pay the fine and probably take the point unless it would be certain to screw more stuff up then the point is worth ie: his job, you having to drive him around(i hate doing that lol) etc..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #36
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

If he was a real mate, he woulda taken the car straight to where it had to be.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #37
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
If he was a real mate, he woulda taken the car straight to where it had to be.
Agree with that. If he was a real mate, he would respect you and your car.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post