Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #31
Mickus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
IMO Get rid of the red parkers and you will have more of a change not to be defected.

PS didnt you just get pulled over for the red parkers?
Nope that was a different guy lol. Ive only ever been pulled over once in my driving career :MrT_anim:
Mickus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #32
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

i was driving around all day today and yesterday and only saw one copper,so i think they are easing up, but saturday night will be bad,

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 10:31 AM   #33
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

yeah but we will c how it is 2day/tonight.
last night i went out to DECA for the whole 7-11 of motorkana and as i was standin at the gate wiatin for mum to come pick me up, not 1 cop there like i expected then i dropped a mate home and did half a lap of the lake and i didnt see 1 marked cop car.

great to see a few E Series last night on the skid pan.
a blue ED with JMM written down the side
a EL 5L wagon
a NL 'lane also on 8 pistons
2 XR8's, one white one dark blue

to whoever aint comin u missin out!

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #34
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Worst weekend ever. We came back home this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #35
-jjM-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Worst weekend ever. We came back home this afternoon.
why out of booz?
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #36
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jjM-
why out of booz?
Among other things, yes ;)

Quote:
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Old 25-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #37
Damo
Banned

it's wasn't that bad, actually yeah it was pretty crap. I didn't get defected though so that's a positive.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 10:00 PM   #38
Tiga_EL
Banned

It was ******* shit.. i nearly died of heat stroke. Like no joke, almost passed out! Very dissapointing to see that not many cops were there, no sight of defect stations or anything of the sort. The + side of things was that i got a free coca cola cap for buying three drinks!! Oh and the milfs.
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 10:31 PM   #39
Tiga_EL
Banned

few pics.

Thanks to Sunny for taking me up.
Old 25-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #40
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
Very dissapointing to see that not many cops were there
What are you talking about! There were 11ty billion coppers just no defect stations.

I've never seen so many defected cars in my life though.

The $30 entry was a rip off, car park setup was a joke, lack of covered area in the burnout pad was also extremely silly. I usually don't feel sick from being so hot but today I definitely got a bit overheated.

Felt lost and dizzy all day so just left.

Damo, Ash, Dan and Doug you guys are lucky you left it was like 68 million degrees up there.

BTW, never going up again. So not worth it, mainly because of the coppers and the lack of value for money.

Also spotted DRHEMI, GTHOFAN and the guy with the blue EB XR6 with tinted tail lights and modified headlights.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #41
Sweet_EL_

yep Spring nats have been crap for the last few years, I had to work 2day, but it sounds like i didn't much then...
Sweet_EL_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #42
Tiga_EL
Banned

ignore
Old 26-11-2006, 12:48 AM   #43
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

i was thinking of going tomorrow, ive heard its crapola, should i just stay home and try to get my car going instead? $30 what a rip, i'll just stand in the sun at home and crawl around in the dirt here, just got to find some bogans and it's practically springnats..

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 10:40 AM   #44
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
Damo, Ash, Dan and Doug you guys are lucky you left it was like 68 million degrees up there.
Yeah tell me about it. When we left the ambient temperature on the Climate Control displayed 38 degrees. It progressively went lower all the way back to Melbourne when it finally read 21 degrees.

In retrospect we shouldn't have gone so hard on Firday night, otherwise we'd have probably made it to the Nats and still be there.

Quote:
Old 26-11-2006, 01:26 PM   #45
Sundeep
Banned

Same, when we left it read 38 degrees on the Climate Control unit and we had the air con cranking, it slowly went down to 17.5 degrees and we started to consider turning on the heating lol. The EL reaaaallllyyy didn't like the heat either, felt gutless and wouldn't stop pinging, got back to Melbourne and it went like the clappers!

In other words, even the EL hated Springnats. Good on it!

Sundeep
Old 26-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #46
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shep was crap. The caravan park was empty compared to last year so thats saying something.
Old 26-11-2006, 08:42 PM   #47
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
Also spotted DRHEMI, GTHOFAN and the guy with the blue EB XR6 with tinted tail lights and modified headlights.

Sundeep
haha thats awesome to be seen! when and where did you see me? my car got sooooo many looks from people, even commodore drivers quickly turned there heads to have a look!! coppers didnt pay any attention to me too which was good! there were plent of people with defects and i didnt even get pulled over!!

i did bout 500 k's for the weekend with quarter of a tank left! not bad i thought!

the nats wasnt too bad although i was extremely dissapointed in the lack of Ford's there, it may as well have been a all holden day!
The EB 'S' pack badged up as an XR6 with the ed xr front and the Jim Mock motorsport stickers down the sides was a nice car, i had a chat to the guy, James his name is, and he's a top bloke and he can handle that car really well! he'll proberly soon be coming on the forums too!

we got the weekend pass, $50 which is way cheaper than paying $30 for a day! we stayed at Strayleaves Caravan park and saturday night was like a park party! it was sweet!

the heat was shocking and the flies were sooooo annoying!

the guy with the silver XE falcon in the burnout comp, it had no bonnet and a large air filter on top, well he was staying at the caravan park with us, nice guy. the car was $300 when they bought it and they have spent about $30,000 on the motor!!! about 400hp later and the engine blew today in the finals!

well i took a s h i t l o a d of photos so i'll get them up in the show 'n' shine section now.

cheers
braden
Old 26-11-2006, 09:17 PM   #48
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

how do u think i feel im the only orange e series driving around hahaha. the amount of looks i get is sweeeet!!
and no attention from cops is great!

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 09:23 PM   #49
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
haha thats awesome to be seen! when and where did you see me?
Dude we were cruising right next to you about 11AM yesterday, drove next to you pretty much all the way to Deca. We were in the gunmetal EL Ghia. Tiga EL (Rips) opened his window at a set of lights to have a chat but the lights went green.

Sundeep
Old 26-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #50
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

oh yeh Tiga EL was saying he seen me in that car in another thread, damn green lights! i did see the car but didnt recognize it as a members car! sorry dude! what did ya think of my car in the flesh?
Old 26-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #51
Sundeep
Banned

Looked alright, would look better if it came down about 35 inches, but that's just me

Sundeep
Old 26-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #52
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

im happy with the height, for now anyway, of course i'd love to go on super lows but many problems with that, insurance company, money and its not practical, not that that worrys me that much but the main thing is insurance.
Old 26-11-2006, 10:24 PM   #53
BLDNUT01

Default got this today

here is the blue eb with jim mock motor sport down the side doing some drifting quality is not the best from my 3.2m cam but you should get the idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2mG3FTA8g
and heres a pic of the motor
Old 26-11-2006, 10:26 PM   #54
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

i enjoyed the whole weekend but i always do. heat wasnt too bad, only got to 34 saturday. its been 40. dissapointed tho, i read about and see all the pics of wot people do to thier e-series yet as far as i know not 1 member entered! there were a few there but i find it odd that after the amount of work some of u put in u dont even show it off. anyway here is one of my favorite pics for the weekend:

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
Old 26-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #55
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLDNUT01
here is the blue eb with jim mock motor sport down the side doing some drifting quality is not the best from my 3.2m cam but you should get the idea
OPLESE? We saw him on the way up to Shep. The negative camber on its front wheels is pretty crazy! Definitely drift spec.

Quote:
Old 26-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #56
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLDNUT01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2mG3FTA8g
and heres a pic of the motor
this guy did some great driving all weekend... gotta upload the video of him yet...
Yeah its the OPLEASE one

Old 26-11-2006, 10:31 PM   #57
Sundeep
Banned

OPLESE is a mad dog met him after last year's GOR I think on the way home, went down to some factories with him. He's a pretty good driver and the car isn't too bad too!

He's called me up a few times to go to some Eastside Cruiser's events but yeah I've been too slack.

Sundeep
Old 26-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #58
BLDNUT01

was great i was surprised it wasn,t turbo,ed i thought the day wasn,t that bad got burnt pretty good too and was good for an uncle merv
Old 26-11-2006, 10:37 PM   #59
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

anyone know who the stock looking EA was with the massive turbo in it? was an odd colour and i could never find it for a pic.... went like the clappers!

Old 26-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #60
Mickus
Banned

Damn you Shep ppl and your 2 IGA's! Me and Braden went to the 'meet' at the IGA at 8. Drove around couple of times couldnt find anyone figured you had all gone or something. Then we find the other IGA. was like DAMN! Oh well. Was a good weekend though. I ended up taking my car anyway, didnt even get a glance from a cop which was good, although I avoided driving at night time.

Just a quickie for the shep boys, whats with all the damn cows in town!?
Mickus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post