Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #31
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad to hear you are loving it so much, as I think we all knew you would

As RS has said, if you want a cheap way of getting a nicer exhaust sound take out the Resonator that runs along the passenger side of the car.

I replaced it with a 12" glasspack hotdog and I honestly loved the note it gave.

Sure it wasn't as loud as a full exhaust, but it sounded beefier without any drone or boy racer tendencies.

As far as torque steer goes, you won't even notice it in a week or two. It's only noticeable now because you are obviously having to adapt from driving a RWD powerhouse to a FWD with plenty of torque on tap
Old 28-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #32
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Ok guys a quick question, will the 'fans' stay on after the car is shut off if it is hot? I was out and about a bit this morn to get some new washing stuff, washed car and moved it into garage and shut it off and fans stayed on for about 60-90 seconds after shut down.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #33
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Ok guys a quick question, will the 'fans' stay on after the car is shut off if it is hot? I was out and about a bit this morn to get some new washing stuff, washed car and moved it into garage and shut it off and fans stayed on for about 60-90 seconds after shut down.
Completely normal man. If it hasn't been moving around then it will stay on the cool itself

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #34
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As XR5 boy said, it's completely normal.

I haven't found any rhyme or reason for when they come on or not, but don't stress
Old 06-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #35
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Another quick question, when these things get into higher RPM ie 4500+ is the turbo whine prevelant also do these cars have a BOV or something similar as i did hear something faint today. Sorry for the stupid questions as im new to turbo cars
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 06-09-2010, 07:09 PM   #36
fordmondeoman

All turbo (petrol) cars have a blow off valve which id imagine you are hearing, that or the flutter through the exhaust. and i drove one the other week and there is some turbo whine noise which also is normal.
With the fan its controlled by the engine reading the engine temp map. im not sure if it has a aux water pump as well to help cool the turbo and engine, if so that usually keeps the fan going awhile especially in summer. i know for example on the cooper s the fan and aux can run up to 15 mins to cool it down. maybe someone can answer this if the xr5 have a aux water pump?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #37
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The turbo whistle is awesome, it gets nice and loud with a large air intake such as a dreamscience unit

Perfectly normal mate.

Also the "chh" you hear is the waste gate.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #38
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
The turbo whistle is awesome, it gets nice and loud with a large air intake such as a dreamscience unit

Perfectly normal mate.

Also the "chh" you hear is the waste gate.
I never knew you would be able to actually hear it.

And yes it does sound good, i think ill be getting a Simota soon
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 06-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #39
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Believe me, if you ride with someone who has a dreamscience intake, ohmygosh it sounds great.

Specially when running DS tunes.

I still giggle a year after getting the intake