Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #31
RapidBF
Rapid BF XR8 Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Absolute legend...
I'll second that. Good on him for having the guts to do it. I do think filming it was going a bit far, but it wasnt hurting anybody.
RapidBF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 12:20 AM   #32
HOON69
Banned

name a country cop or even a city cop that dont give their patrol cars a thrashing

dirt or tar they all have abit of hoon in em

i'd pay to see this get sqaushed will 0.05c do? :
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 12:37 AM   #33
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Like everyone else said, there is nothing wrong with what he did.... Geez I've seen a police backed burnout/drag car complete with police livery, sirens and lights! (was a statesman) no one had a sad about that....too many do gooders out there
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 03:00 AM   #34
blk_frmnt
ẶЦ ╒ǻІґмΩאַâ€*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
nothing better than a cop car rippin it up!!

bit hard on him though, he was just having a bit of fun :

how many of you can say you've never had some fun in a rental or company car? exactly the same thing, except he has sirens
how is it the same thing?? YOU paid for the rental car (and any damage you might cause), I'M the one who has to foot the bill for that police car, I own that car along with the rest of the country, and it shouldn't be used for anything other than police business. Yeah of course doing a burnout in a paddock is pretty harmless, and personally I think we should all be allowed to do it. But just you try and do it at a showground with people all about, and see if the cops just laugh it off...
blk_frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 03:49 AM   #35
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

I guess things are pretty slow in the news side of things in WA?
"a cop doing a burnout!!! and WE revealed it!!" err.. want a medal?

go the media! a burnout? c'mon... and average-joe nothing-better-to-do-than-watch-ACA type is going to take it all in, then call the cops when someone kicks up a bit of dust on the side of the road..
"yes sir Mr officer, i saw it with my own two eyes, was one of them 'burnouts', damn hoons!"
Old 28-11-2007, 06:33 AM   #36
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
Like everyone else said, there is nothing wrong with what he did.... Geez I've seen a police backed burnout/drag car complete with police livery, sirens and lights! (was a statesman) no one had a sad about that....too many do gooders out there
and didnt they have 4 cars doing this in formation last year (or might have been the year befor ) at the perth royal show ??? book them to danno

i have no prob with what he did unless it was on a street
whats the diff between where he did it and a tar'd burn out pad ? he'd be doin the same thing
geez next theyll ne chargin us for ridin our quads on our farm propertys

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #37
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

I can't believe you guys are condoning him doing this. If it was one of us our car would be impounded and we would be in court.

I hope this idiot gets fired, fronts up court and has that cop car impounded. Throw the book at him because thats what he'd do to us.

If you think you would get away with doing burnouts next to a public showground you've got another thing coming, go try it and tell me how it works out for ya.

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 07:37 PM   #38
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprjenkins
I can't believe you guys are condoning him doing this. If it was one of us our car would be impounded and we would be in court.
Was NOT on a Public Road, it was on privet property adjacent to the Show grounds!!

Nothing wrong with it, the amount of times I have Cut op on paddocks i loose count off, along with not wearing a seat belt riding in the back of utes all on privet property, Typical press making something out of nothing and thay just had to mention the children as-well, cause a 10 year old really knows what's going on!!!

If anything this is showing what should be happening, Cutting Nut's off Public Roads, I say this guy is setting a example. I for one would shake this guys hand.

Typical of the Police force today, Officers not prepared to back up there men on the ground when they have done nothing against the traffic laws shame, shame, shame.
Old 28-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #39
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
Was NOT on a Public Road, it was on privet property adjacent to the Show grounds!!

Nothing wrong with it, the amount of times I have Cut op on paddocks i loose count off, along with not wearing a seat belt riding in the back of utes all on privet property, Typical press making something out of nothing and thay just had to mention the children as-well, cause a 10 year old really knows what's going on!!!

If anything this is showing what should be happening, Cutting Nut's off Public Roads, I say this guy is setting a example. I for one would shake this guys hand.

Typical of the Police force today, Officers not prepared to back up there men on the ground when they have done nothing against the traffic laws shame, shame, shame.
It doesn't matter whether its on private property or not, it was right next to a showground in front of a lot of people and that means he can get done for being a hoon, or creating a public nuisance, or dangerous driving or creating to much noise.

Thats the whole point of these laws, they are made so there is not a clear cut definition. E.G. If the cops saw you on private property riding in the back of the ute they could theoretically charge you with conduct endangering life, would they, Probably not, but they could.

You think you can get away with doing this stuff on private property? Go park in your mates driveway opposite a cop shop and do a burnout and see what happens.

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 07:50 PM   #40
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:

I hope this idiot gets fired, fronts up court and has that cop car impounded. Throw the book at him because thats what he'd do to us.

If you think you would get away with doing burnouts next to a public showground you've got another thing coming, go try it and tell me how it works out for ya.
agree...
Why is he performing these hoon activities?? what for??
To show people how to hoon??
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #41
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_frmnt
I'M the one who has to foot the bill for that police car, I own that car along with the rest of the country, and it shouldn't be used for anything other than police business.
Not split hairs... but the Police are actually state run agencies so its the people of the state who 'own' it. and as a west aussie im more than happy for my 0.0000000067 % stake in that car to be used on private property to do a demo he was asked to do.

Also the people of Carnamah (including the local CoC president) have come out in support of him. His worth as a copper far outways any "benifit" gained from sacking him
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #42
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Absolute legend...

Don't think so. He was on it pretty hard on the exit, too bad if he cleaned up some spectators.
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #43
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Quote:
It doesn't matter whether its on private property or not, it was right next to a showground in front of a lot of people and that means he can get done for being a hoon, or creating a public nuisance, or dangerous driving or creating to much noise.

Thats the whole point of these laws, they are made so there is not a clear cut definition. E.G. If the cops saw you on private property riding in the back of the ute they could theoretically charge you with conduct endangering life, would they, Probably not, but they could.

You think you can get away with doing this stuff on private property? Go park in your mates driveway opposite a cop shop and do a burnout and see what happens.
You are really off base here mate. Traffic laws can only be applied on gazzetted roads. While I agree you could theoretically get charged with non traffic laws (reckless endangerment etc), im pretty sure it would have to be at the direction of the property owner or indiviual in question
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #44
Wally
XP Coupe

Shame on that cop for crossing the line and associating with the public. There is no place for human behaviour in the police force.

WA has been a police state since Charles Court and Ray O' Connor literally dressed them like Gestapo with bikes, wiped any hint of a smile off their faces and used them as their personal army to supress basic freedoms. Things don't seemed to have changed in the 25 years since I escaped.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #45
cowboy
Cowboy

Good on him, legend. Bit more behaviour like this might help to get rid of the US and THEM mentality most people seem to have for the cops.
1930 Pontiac Landaulet
1932 Pontiac V8 sedan
1935 Pontiac sedan
1937 Pontiac 8 sedan
1948 Pontiac silver streak
1949 Ford F3 pickup
1953 Pontiac Chieftain
1955 Austin Champ
1957 Dodge Power Wagon
1967 Jeep Gladiator
1975 TD Cortina
1978 F100 4x4
2006 GU Patrol ute
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #46
rodderz

Does this police lady come under the police hoon laws too?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_vpxY04nRxo#GU5U2spHI_4
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #47
HLC
Audi S3

i thought what he was doing was fine. the only thing a bit iffy was him ripping past the camera person, there was no barriers or nothing.

but asked by events people = nothing wrong.
Old 28-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #48
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm guessing the thing he was doing wrong was doing it in a company vehicle. If your a cop or a sales rep, if you get caught doing what he was, you'll probably loose your job
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #49
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Driveway in a City street is a little different to a empty paddock in a wheat belt farming town, the paddock probably adjoined another 2000 acre paddock, last weekend I was standing in the back of Ute in a 400acre paddock next to a road with a Loaded shotgun, local cop's gave us a wave as they went by.
Old 29-11-2007, 11:15 PM   #50
ford_chick
Starter Motor

Well I say shame on him for doing such a crap job at his circle work As for the police woman, she's just giving chicks a bad name. Not all of us would fall off a small wheel at low speeds :

I think that they're just human. Could have done a safer exit though!
ford_chick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #51
xr8man83
Grunt Files

haha whos goin to write a email to them askin if it got impounded by rites it should of hahaha
xr8man83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2007, 11:35 PM   #52
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

It said in the age this has been on YouTube for about 9 months, and it happened about a year ago.
I think it is just the fact that it is in a tax-payer-owned car, but i dont see whats wrong with doing it on private property, but because the fact there is a cop doing it and his wife that is also a cop next to him is abit much. Well at least he isnt doing it on the streets.
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2007, 11:44 PM   #53
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh man, now they're using "larrikinism"
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #54
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All the cop was doing was his job, he was serving the needs of the public!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #55
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
name a country cop or even a city cop that dont give their patrol cars a thrashing

dirt or tar they all have abit of hoon in em

i'd pay to see this get sqaushed will 0.05c do? :
LUVS IT!

I had a 12 hour shift out at richmond one night, and with all the derro's in that area there was quite the bit of police activity on my shift between 4p - 4am.... watching thigs like RTV Utes, general duties VZ's and highway patrol VZ commodores going SIDEWAYS into corner's with lights and sirens blaring was an awesome sight..... I'd love to see more of it lol.

Stoney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Holden are kicking the enemy when they are down. Trouble is Ford seems to lay down a lot.
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #56
FPVTurboTaxi

and the latest cops riding a minibike in the station ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gytu8mOomGo

For Sale QLD Number Plates 06-XRF $550 PM me
FPVTurboTaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #57
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

I have very little to no love for the police but I can not realy find anything all that wrong .I have seen many events here in Perth where teams of police drivers doing similar things at shows .

At a event in the middle of the day in a paddock seems like he wasn't tryong to hide a thing wish suggests to me he's doing nothing wrong .
Night time in a industrail area different story
Tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #58
TUF514
Banned

He did get sacked for that.
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #59
Bobman
Regulator

Just in regards to the formation they do in WA at Shows, etc. There was a significant collision with two police cars as there was a slight time lapse. Happened in 1996 or there abouts.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2007, 12:05 AM   #60
Agent86
Not so low, not so slow.

this is a joke
they want hoons off teh street and the officer was doing so at the request of event organisers.

that really is just another form of stupidity by the powers that be.

i bet his boss that ordered his sacking is an old guy who hates v8's and all things speedy and loud
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post