Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #31
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funnily enough I haven't been followed (driving my parents car that is) since I got out of the car that night so whoever it was must have been spooked.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #32
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That kinda sounds like what my sister did to some guy, he cut her off, so she flashed her lights, up at the intersection later he started yelling at my sister, so she chased him for about 10km and he tried to lose her, they where going about 140kph but she still kept on him, until he finally stopped, then she gave him the blasting of a lifetime....

People scare me.

At least the guy isn't following you anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #33
Karnage
Finger Painter

I suppose this is one of the benefits of F trucks fitted with bumpers made from locomotives! Simple solution slow down a little, then speed up fairly rapidly, do this a couple of times till Said driver gets the routine and decides to floor it when you do, at this point apply firm pressure with both feet on the brake peddle (this is the point the small child ran accross the road ;) ) one of 2 things will happen, they pull up just in time and get the hint, or you now have your 3.5 tonne tow hitch firmly lodged in their bumper/radiator/block (hint another bonus of an F Truck, if at this point they dont calm down/ give you their details, simply drive to the nearest police station towing their vehicle)

I'm not condoning the above mentioned advice.

call the cops a minimum of twice a day until they speak with the driver, I had to use this method for 5 weeks to get the cops to investigate the truck driver that knocked me off my bike on the gateway with 7 witnesses, police seem to refuse to attend motorcycle accidents in QLD despite 3 calls to 000, me being dragged a away in an ambo, $9000 damage and the gateway being closed for 2 hrs. Outcome well they obviously rang the truckie before going and seeing him, he furnished a receipt, he got for new tyres on his rig from bridgestone on the gold coast, the exact same time 7 people saw him take me out!
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #34
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Not long after I got the Fairlane By Tickford , I was sure I was being followed... EL falcon pulled in behind me as I left the office carpark, followed me all the way through town... Once we got out towards Alderley I took a few turns off the main road, he was still behind me. He'd followed me for maybe 20 mins from outside my office, was starting to freak a little when he pulled in to a driveway. I stopped a little bit down the road. He hopped out, grabbed his backpack and walked in to the house.

But just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #35
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine

But just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
Socrates
Plato
Kurt Cobain
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #36
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Socrates
Plato
Kurt Cobain
I heard it from Steve Earle, but it remains good advice.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #37
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuNmEtAL GLi
could u get a mate to drive ur mums car the same route and follow in your xr.. then when the following car takes off follow it and find where it lives... also if ur worried about ur mothers safety throw a new set of plates on the car and stop driving it.
HMMMM A BRILLIANT IDEA. this will teach the sneaky bugger a lesson. dont forget your mobile phone and baseball bat.

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 06:41 PM   #38
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
I heard it from Steve Earle, but it remains good advice.
Its a line from a Nirvana song, although I dont know where they got it from.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #39
guy351
Mr EFicient

yes u should definatly go to the police, he could lose i think 3 points as well as a nice little fine.
guy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 11:08 PM   #40
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some weeeird people out there. My mum was followed one night by one car for about 15k, it's only a 10k trip home but she took some different turns to make sure and try to lose them. Just as she started to freak and called me and my dad to come across, another car pulled out and they started to box her in, making her slow almost to a stop, then making her speed up etc. Dad got there before me, mum pulled over with dad and gave them a few words and they buggered off..

I've decided if I ever get followed by some fully siks! or some weird guy i'll let them follow me for a bit before I call a mate up and get them to follow the guy behind me. Get their details and freak them a bit.
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #41
red_hotxr6
Banned

Hopefully now the cops know about it, it will all stop, geez what if something did happen to your mum????
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post