Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #31
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
Indeed ...

Oh well, im off to the yacht club (had too google how to spell that), will you be joining me later tonight Dragoneletra? .. if so, bring out the shardinay and the Rolls ;)

ah well .. you can't blame us for tryin to lighten up the mood can they?? haha
Would you like something to drink on your excursion? White wine perhaps? I hear that Chardonnay is an excellent choice.

Lampooning someone because they appear to have a superior grasp of grammar and vocabulary than yourself just makes you look even more foolish than you usually do, which in itself is a fairly significant achievement.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #32
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

If he treats him that way in public, you can imagine what he would be like at home.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
Old 06-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #33
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Would you like something to drink on your excursion? White wine perhaps? I hear that Chardonnay is an excellent choice.

Lampooning someone because they appear to have a superior grasp of grammar and vocabulary than yourself just makes you look even more foolish than you usually do, which in itself is a fairly significant achievement.
Umm, i wasnt having a dig at anyone???
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 06-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #34
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shounak
Mind your own friggin business. It's not against the law to berate a kid and it's not your place to step in.

If he actually hit the kid or something, the right thing to do would be to step in . But it's not your place to do anything else.

I had this when I got into a disagreement with my gf and I suggested we take a 2 week break. We had the discussion in the car and we went into a store and she was teary.

Some idiot came and started acting like a superhero asking if everything's alright and if there's anything he can do. Almost like the police at the front door saying, you don't have to say anything but nod if he's in the house beating you.

Needless to say we were both pretty ****ed off at this idiot for just making matters worse. This kind of stupidity can get you bashed, especially when it's got nothing to do with you and it's obviously an emotional kind of matter.

I think your mum should've minded her own business also.

Btw, my mum's an ex Child protection officer, so I've heard 2nd hand in full detail what abusive parents are capable of and she's a psychologist so I also know that emotional abuse can be worse than physical.

But nothing could be achieved here. Unless your mum was going to hold this womans hand all the way through the divorce process, she should've just enjoyed her meal. It's possible that it caused even more trouble, who knows.

This man was out to with his parents for a relaxing dinner when you get aholes like this in a restaurant is very off putting and does not make for a relaxing dinner.

Yes most probably this guy berates and emotionally abuses both the mother and child to the point where her self esteem is so low she starts to think she should be grateful for having a man at all and no charges ever get laid.

John Farnham's song "Your the voice" comes to mind and people need to speak out to at least try and stand up and say this is not acceptable.

Children should be allowed to be children and parents should be parents not aholes the law should be allowed to do more to protect kids in these situations there too many snivel libertarians and do-gooders in positions of power these days.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:44 PM   #35
boss-290

LOL

I need a dictionary
Old 06-09-2008, 06:48 PM   #36
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Find me one place where I abused another member.
Ok, I will.

Quote:
Mind your own friggin business...
Seems like abuse to me. :

Oo\===/oO
Old 06-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #37
prydey
Rob

geez, there's a hell of a lot of assumptions being made here. does anyone actually know the background to this situation? does anyone actually know what goes on at this guys house?? seriously, some guy decides to tell his kid off and all of a sudden everyone's an expert.

sure there may be more appropriate places to do it but sometimes if you wait the whole point is lost. seems to me the guy was keeping his voice down so he wasn't really trying to draw any attention to himself. its not his fault that the people sitting nearby have to listen in instead of eating their own meal and minding their own business.

there's one thing that really gets me in this modern society of ours and thats all the so called experts telling you how you can and can't raise your kids. a lot of these so called experts don't even have kids.

yes i'm a parent.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #38
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Closed Thread