Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #31
ltd
Force Fed Fords

The thing is, the dealers have to be strict as they may assume a ford will warrant something, only to be knocked back such as in this case (the F6). If that's the case, they then have to try and ellicit the money out of the owner, or offer some kind of sweetener to get the money out of the owner ie massive discount.

That's why some of the dealers are a little abrupt.
This is not the first time this has happened at Dale, there is a G6E-T in ego that has been capa tuned numerous times and has been voided as well.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #32
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

exactly why i will wait to undergo ANY modifications for now
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #33
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Very strange attitude towards Ford... Which bit about 100K warranty and your car having 108K on it AND it being out of warranty don't you understand? At what point should Ford offer Warranty past their obligations???
Im constantly amazed in these kinds of threads at the unrealistic expectations some people have of Ford when it comes to warranty, no wonder some people who have legitimate claims get the 3rd degree....
Ford regularly do contribute to repairs outside the warranty period as an act of goodwill, but there are conditions which I will not divulge on here.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #34
rootster

hi guys...i own a fg and most of them have had factory oil leaks around the timing cover..mine went back ford,they pulled out the bolts and shortened them and whacked them back in..oil leak fixed....It looked at first that it may be coming from the sump....If he could prove that it's a common problem or a factory stuff up...you never know....Have heard of some leaking oil from the head gasket...A little hard done by in my eyes for oil leaks.....If he blew the head gasket different story...well that's my 2 cents worth.....
rootster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #35
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRVIII
Ford regularly do contribute to repairs outside the warranty period as an act of goodwill, but there are conditions which I will not divulge on here.
My dealer generally looks favorably on most of my "issues" because ive been a good customer over the years and have made multiple purchases from them... loyalty works both ways...

Old 01-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #36
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootster
hi guys...i own a fg and most of them have had factory oil leaks around the timing cover..mine went back ford,they pulled out the bolts and shortened them and whacked them back in..oil leak fixed....It looked at first that it may be coming from the sump....If he could prove that it's a common problem or a factory stuff up...you never know....Have heard of some leaking oil from the head gasket...A little hard done by in my eyes for oil leaks.....If he blew the head gasket different story...well that's my 2 cents worth.....
Maybe harsh but where do you draw the line rootster?

That would be like Ford saying, please feel free to mod your cars and track them!

I am sure he knew the risk when he was playing with teh car
Old 01-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #37
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Flashed 36 times........ 360rwkw.

Sounds like another case of money getting into the wrong hands.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #38
rootster

mate every early fg turbo had oil leaks from the timing cover...factory fault bet they didn't tell him that....Draw the line don't know...but an engine flash isn't going to pressure the oil system......Fraud would say anything not to fix it....
Old 01-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #39
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

alot of people push the envelope and know the consequences ........

360rwkw would def put more strain on most components of the engine/driveline

i am sure the owner of the F6 knew the repercussions
Old 01-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #40
dusty86

it's an oil leak... not a problem that has occured from high power outputs. sure over temp twice could have hardened seals, but I think it's a bit excessive.
dusty86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #41
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

IMO ..... they (insert car company) warrant a product in the condition it leaves their factory. Once you start editing the PCM , bolt ons etc .... as already said you pay for it if it breaks
Old 01-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #42
rootster

mate i'm with you....but if he can prove the oil leaks are a factory fault which i think they are..it shouldn't matter what mods are done....I can understand if he blew the engine up...broke a gearbox or clutch ford should wipe their hands of him...A little tough in my eyes when almost every fg has had factory oil leaks...
Old 01-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #43
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

i agree with ford. i would have told them to get lost too, under those conditions.

just like my mechanic is currently getting a nissan tiida engine reco'd, only 2yrs old with 40,000ks on the clock, it died. why not warranty? it had never been serviced, in 40,000ks.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #44
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty86
it's an oil leak... not a problem that has occured from high power outputs. sure over temp twice could have hardened seals, but I think it's a bit excessive.
Excessive heat and extreme amounts of boost (350RWKW???) will place abnormal strain on all gaskets from expansion contraction and torsional forces on the head and block...

Old 01-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #45
kezzer

If he can spend $$ on flashing it 36 times, surely he can spend $20 for a scan tool off ebay?? Delete the logs and such?
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #46
rootster

guys the timing cover bolts fitted to these cars bottom out in the block before there tight...
Old 01-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #47
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

this is funny,we are all waiting on this thread for hell to break loose just like the one that got closed lastnight. ,well i am
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #48
rootster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
This is not the first time this has happened at Dale,

Don't start me on dale......mate they couldn't find a root in a brothel
Old 01-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #49
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

This bloke is silly imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Doesn't Nissan void the warranty on their GTR if you have more then two runs down the quarter or not get the car serviced after track work??
They voided the warranty if you hard launched the car without DSC/ESP/whatever, as that indicated there was use of the launch control, which voids the warranty on the $70,000 gearbox.

They no longer have launch control on the GT-R as too many peeved customer's kicked up a stink about having to pay that much to replace the not-so-cheap gearbox. Even "Hitler" threatened to buy Porsche after his ordeal.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #50
stevepet

Put yourself in the same situation. How would you feel if your gearbox packed in 8000kms after warranty runs out. This car had done no serious off road was not fitted witha towbar blah blah blah. When is the last time you had a manual gearbox die? What breally peed me off was they said it would be assesed under there "lets be nice to customer program" or whatever they call it. Once it was apart they told me no warranty. I couln't very well go and pick up the pieces and get it erepaired so unfortunately I had to pay ford repair rates. Anyway thats my whinge i still own three fords but at least these are Aussie made ones. By the way the other guy this thread is about is a tool. You do these mods you have to accept the risks.

Cheers

Steve
stevepet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #51
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Thats clears up my theroy of the track day then
My ZF gearbox went into overheat mode 3 times at the FPV track day in WA. Car was 100% stock.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #52
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRVIII

Not only Ford either. Its not completely cut and dry and in my experience it is termed exactly as "goodwill"
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #53
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepet
Put yourself in the same situation. How would you feel if your gearbox packed in 8000kms after warranty runs out. This car had done no serious off road was not fitted witha towbar blah blah blah.
I'd feel unlucky, as I have in the past in similar situations.

I just don't understand why the vehicle should be warranted outside of its warranty period. I'd expect to have to foot the bill on a vehicle older than 3 years or has done more than 100k/kms.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #54
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Silly boy. If it were me I'd have been a bit smarter about it and bought a spare PCM for around $600, flashed the bejesus out of it and kept the factory one at 1-2 flash counts.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #55
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVS Super Pursuit
Silly boy. If it were me I'd have been a bit smarter about it and bought a spare PCM for around $600, flashed the bejesus out of it and kept the factory one at 1-2 flash counts.
Except it is coded to the VIN and they would know it has been swapped with no factory record.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #56
Matt P
No Boundries

Quote:
guys the timing cover bolts fitted to these cars bottom out in the block before there tight...
Mate they are talking new sump and timing cover sounds abit more serious than bolts bottoming out in the block.

No SCAN tool can delete how many times a PCM has been flashed any engine component claim on a turbo now results in the PCM getting a quick trip to Melbourne for assesment before any warrenty work is carried out. Good on Ford to, nothing $#its me more than blokes who have all the cash in the world to get the thing putting 400RWK to the road and then have a big sook about warrenty whey the are asked to pay for something that broke because of this. :
Running more boost can caues oil leaks as there is more pressure in the crank case I have seen a supercharged 5 liter that used to blow the dipstick out so yeah more boost can caues oil leaks.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #57
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Dale are my local dealer - I go there for servicing, and they've been really good to me.
I developed a clunk in the back of the car, and though it was well out of warranty they pulled the back axle out, checked the diff over (found nothing wrong), tightened everything up and put it back in and didn't charge me a cent.

Never heard the clunking noise again either.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 01:48 AM   #58
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Years ago I had an auto tranny solenoid fail on el at about 108,000.
Was told it woud cost over a grand to fix. Had a whinge, as i had been complaining of shift problems for a few months before that at previous service. They fixed for free.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #59
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I'd feel unlucky, as I have in the past in similar situations.
I just don't understand why the vehicle should be warranted outside of its warranty period.
I had a Suzuki motorcycle in 1994 that was six months out of warranty when the dealer found some pitting on the cams during a service, Suzuki replaced the cams free anyway. Some companies if there is an inherent design problem will warranty things outside of the warranty period, just that those companies tend not to be Australian...
Old 02-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #60
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Sounds like you had a bad experience there but I can tell you, I have had nothing but exceptional service there. Further to that, all of my family now go there and several of us have bought new vehicles from there (Karen Lloyd the sales manager rocks). I've never had to take anything back because of mechanics errors.

Quote: