Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #31
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Although it would have highlighted it in the news item he could still be a p plater at 21. He may have started driving later, he may have had a previous suspension extending his P term, he may have taken 20 goes at getting his licence who knows. Irrespective he is a knob. :
Old 27-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #32
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sad part is, its these idiots that will stop all of us getting F6's and GT's in the future.

Executed on the spot.

Would lighten the load on our court system, insure idiots like this dont breed. And a plus, the government can sell the car, getting more money back into the state system

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
Old 27-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #33
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

21yo or 60yo whatever...... the guys a moron. Throw the book at him..... Hard.
Old 27-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #34
Bent8
Long live the GT !

That "Holden sedan" must have had some serious power to be able to reach 190 clicks in a 60 zone!

Being 21 yo and off your P's doesn't necessarily make you a wise adult though does it?...

I can just picture this guy behind the wheel doing 190kph and gunning for 200...then suddenly the boys in blue appear and it's game over!

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 27-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #35
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was downhill with a tailwind.
AZZA
Old 27-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #36
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know the road its 20 mins from my place, the guys got some gonads to do it on that road
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Old 27-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #37
yetchh
go bro

well i know that when i was young i did 180 in a 50 zone, when i look back i cant believe it.. it will continue to happen as long as idiots are given cars, i was an idiot at that age to do it but even as a 21yr old i didnt think about the consequences, like lots of kids do.. there are certain types of kids that will always do it.. they should make learners have a temperament/personality test to see how grown up they are before they can drive to weed out the dangerous ones
1977 RX4/929 coupe in epoxy finally
1976 121 Cosmo 2l turbo
Old 27-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #38
buickman
buickman

His parents would be in the news devastated and pleading to other drivers to think before speeding if he had of lost control at that speed and hit a large object he should thank his luck that the Police pulled him up before something more serious could have happened.
No wonder insurance companies and the government target the under 25 year olds with higher penalties and restrictions
Old 27-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #39
Bakis
XR6ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grechie
I know the road its 20 mins from my place, the guys got some gonads to do it on that road
Either that or he believes like over half the P plate commodore drivers out there that there cars are V8 Supercars...

i had a mate that crashed his commodore, was told to appear in caught with charges of reckless driving and dui of drugs and alcohol, but he still had his license till the court date with was like 2 months later... our system is so screwed.

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread
Old 27-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #40
ZDHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry

This offender does not give a bugger!

Ok, doing 15 over or so, i don't, but i can understand how people can overlook this, but clearly, this guys has deliberately disregarded the law and will do so again.

Obviously, all the advertising in the world and the repeated warnings are not working for him...... Maybe a visit to the rehabilitation centres to face victims of car accidents may be a good start
1997 El Futura Saphire 11 Wagon
1985 xf Fairmont sedan
Old 27-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #41
shamuss01
XP MADNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
is chemical castration still a legal punishment?

To good for him.........Really!! Do Holdens go that fast??....lol
Old 27-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #42
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grechie
Absolutely, i'm 10 mins from that road.. there are too many light poles, intersections, and some bumps in the road that could send a car airborne at those speeds. But 80 to 100kmh is very common on that road in the early morning hours (limit is 70), probably why the cops are cracking down on it.
Old 27-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #43
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
You P platers can blame clowns like this for your restrictions....
I'm almost 26 and still on my Ps (I got my license at 23).
I have no doubt that getting my license later has been of benefit to me.
I am not an idiot who speeds or wants to cause trouble. I mind my own business, but my perspective on life from when I was 18 to when I was 23 was very, very different, and even from when I was 23 to now...very, very different.
Some people at 18 are still boys. They have high opinions of themselves, and are unable to comprehend how they could possibly be selfish. Their inflated egos don't allow it.

A person like this should feel the effects of this action for life. Permanent alcohol restrictions (.00), and nothing but a Prius for them. There's punshment.

I don't care if he's a P-Plater or not, if he's in a Holden, a Ford, a Winnebago or the Batmobile, the guy's a maggot who does not understand anything outside of himself. People like this are a menace.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 27-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #44
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3
That explains why he didn't get to 200.......lol........what are 16" steelies rated at?
Try 15" steelies
and yes, VYII/VZ commodores will happily get to 200 if you give them enough road. Dunno how he did it in a 60 zone however.

Also i've heard that the cruise control still works at 200 in the commodores...
Old 27-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #45
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
I am pretty sure its the same fine, 45 over and more is the same, and you lose you licence for 12 months. Doesnt matter how far over.

When the speed is over by as much as his was, the judge has the option of not taking his license and giving a fine, he can award a custodial sentence.

There is a large difference.
Old 27-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #46
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware

Also i've heard that the cruise control still works at 200 in the commodores...

Why not, it works at 220 in a BAI XR8. This was in the NT before speed restriction by the way.
Old 27-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #47
Thankfull
Banned

Imprisonment in Portable public Stock for 1 week, set up on the side of the road where he was caught speeding.

Above stock hangs a sign, IDIOT! caught speeding in a Holden at 191 KPH at this spot

Bent over with head and hands locked into the stock, wide mouth container at front of the stock so passing traffic can hurl rotton fruit at him, bent over in stocks so any passing pedestrian can give him a boot up the bum.

Permanent loss of License.....never to be reissued with a drivers licence, life time ban from driving.

Cheers all
Old 27-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #48
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankfull
Imprisonment in Portable public Stock for 1 week, set up on the side of the road where he was caught speeding.

Above stock hangs a sign, IDIOT! caught speeding in a Holden at 191 KPH at this spot

Bent over with head and hands locked into the stock, wide mouth container at front of the stock so passing traffic can hurl rotton fruit at him, bent over in stocks so any passing pedestrian can give him a boot up the bum.

Permanent loss of License.....never to be reissued with a drivers licence, life time ban from driving.

Cheers all

Thats not a bad start, still needs work though.

Imagine reversing out of your driveway and getting hit by that idiot. The risk of that happening is so high because when you look back he may not be there and you would think it is clear. Until he breaks your car apart and lodges it on the roof of the neighbours house.
Old 27-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #49
cjf
GT Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Only 24 posts to start the young v old drivers debate.
And it's the same antagonists each time whinging about P platers.
Get over the P plate bashing guys and act your age.
BPR CAI , PACEMAKERS 4-1, BALLISTIC 100cell RACING CATS, CROW CAMS GTP,
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.
Old 27-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #50
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
And it's the same antagonists each time whinging about P platers.
Get over the P plate bashing guys and act your age.

Well, stop stirring the pot and it won't happen, yours is the first to mention it in ages. :
Old 27-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #51
Thankfull
Banned

Quote:

Cheers all
Ok ....Buttocks exposed in Stocks....and a Table Tenniss bat is attached to one side of the stocks via a chain (so it doesnt get nicked)

Any pedestrian passer by entilted to give him 10 strokes with the table Tennis bat on his Buttocks.

Cheers all
Old 27-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #52
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Ok ....Buttocks exposed in Stocks....and a Table Tenniss bat is attached to one side of the stocks via a chain (so it doesnt get nicked)

Any pedestrian passer by entilted to give him 10 strokes with the table Tennis bat on his Buttocks.

Cheers all

May I suggest a cricket bat? Makes the impression that he requires.
Old 27-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #53
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

another great thread, thanks.

If some you spent 1/10th amount of time helping out with people that are having problems or step by step guides than preaching the will of the pedestrian association it would be so much more joyful.
Closed Thread