Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #31
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Having had 3 cars stolen and my current car recently broken into, absolutely zero sympathy for those that steal cars... this story brings a smile to my face. If the 'unhinged' guy is fined, I'll certainly chip in a few bucks.
Old 22-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #32
3vXT

What happens when one of these morons have their car stolen and grabs some innocent guy, ties him to a tree and does some permanent damage or accidentally kills him?

If you are willing to kidnap and bash someone (or hang them as some moron suggested) just because you think they've stolen your car then you are worse then they are by a long shot. Even if you do have the right person, there is a reason the justice system doesn't allow victims to choose punishments. I'm not even going to try to explain it, most of you are better off walking around with your knuckles on the ground, believing you have some idea about what you are talking about.
Old 23-05-2010, 12:26 AM   #33
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
What happens when one of these morons have their car stolen and grabs some innocent guy, ties him to a tree and does some permanent damage or accidentally kills him?

If you are willing to kidnap and bash someone (or hang them as some moron suggested) just because you think they've stolen your car then you are worse then they are by a long shot. Even if you do have the right person, there is a reason the justice system doesn't allow victims to choose punishments. I'm not even going to try to explain it, most of you are better off walking around with your knuckles on the ground, believing you have some idea about what you are talking about.
I think this is a sensible post.

We have a system to deal with people that refuse to follow the law. Unfortunately, the system is a pile of steaming elephant poo, mainly due to the absolutely ****weak judicial system that always seems to want to give repeat offenders, 'another chance'.

To treat a car thief in this manner (vigilante-style) is extreme because the potential for mistaken identity is too great. The system is there to protect people from themselves and their own mistakes.

I'm sorry, but outright violence solves nothing. The inner-desires of a car thief (or any serious law-breaker at that) means they inhibit any shred of decency or consideration for other people and unless they are killed, they will still continue to do the wrong thing even after being treated harshly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
in the 80s lots of people had long hair . 2 times i unexpectadly came across car recovery . one was at an intersection at parramatta , i guy was at the lights waiting to walk across the road with the usuall crowd of people at that intersection when his dads kingswood pulls up at a red light _stolen the day before . the driver was a long haired lout with the window down and no shirt on . this pedestrian leaped out onto the road and grabbed the driver and pulled him out the window by the hair smashed him up a bit then told everyone he was recovering his dads stolen car , the thief gotup and got away . and the pedestrian then drove off in his recovered car . everyone clapped.
the next was at parramatta lakes i seen a kid about 16 sprinting down the road with this 40ish year old running faster close behind him , grabbed his long shiney hair and looped him around in circles till the kid went down . that guy never let go of that shank of hair till the cops came . LOL.
Those examples are probably a little more suitable, especially the second one.

Point being that as well-deserved that hog tying may seem, to allow it as a reasonable form of punishment is simply too risky.

There's a reason we don't have vigilantes. People who think they're doing the right thing can often cause more trouble.

Don't snap my undies.

Last edited by uranium_death; 23-05-2010 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Because I felt like it.
Old 23-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #34
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dirt bags deserve a good going over... i know of one that got fed TAB tickets for a week.. hard to eat when your hung upside down off a forklift.. hahahaha
Old 23-05-2010, 05:20 AM   #35
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamin63
too right. this bloke has done what most of us wish we had the balls to do. good on him.
I think this vigilante and his mate will end up wishing they'd never touched this guy,
he's now looking at some serious jail time and on top of that, the thief is now open to compensation....

The law works in mysterious ways...
Old 23-05-2010, 05:34 AM   #36
v gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
dirt bags deserve a good going over... i know of one that got fed TAB tickets for a week.. hard to eat when your hung upside down off a forklift.. hahahaha
hope they were all losing tickets
Old 23-05-2010, 05:39 AM   #37
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
I think this vigilante and his mate will end up wishing they'd never touched this guy,
he's now looking at some serious jail time and on top of that, the thief is now open to compensation....

unfortunately i think your 100% right. it is a strange world we live in.
Old 23-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #38
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

agree.. he should have stepped away and payed a couple of jiggly junkies to do it instead......
Old 23-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #39
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
unfortunately i think your 100% right. it is a strange world we live in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
agree.. he should have stepped away and payed a couple of jiggly junkies to do it instead......
The guy's vigilantism may now cost him not only jail time but also in civil court,
I can see a big claim for assault and mental anguish coming as criminal becomes victim...
Old 23-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #40
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351@GT
story south of perth of a thief who got caught by a local farmer, had him hog tied on the back of his ute and paraded him around town and to all the businesses etc in town to show everyone the crim that had been knocking everybody off. last stop was to the cop shop... where the farmer was arrested.
Went to court and he copped some big fines. The public donated and paid his fines

was asked later if he'd do it again, said yep but they wouldnt find them the next time.
This story is true,I work with a bloke who knows the farmer.Believe me,if this convicted crim ever goes back to his old ways & gets caught again, they won't find him ever again.
Old 23-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #41
davez104
Landau = GT with the lot!

Quote:
there is a reason the justice system doesn't allow victims to choose punishments. I'm not even going to try to explain it, most of you are better off walking around with your knuckles on the ground, believing you have some idea about what you are talking about.
If the justice system dished out appropriate penalties to these mongrels that steal/damage other peoples property, then you wouldn't find ordinary citizens making comments like you see here. Our penalties for crimes like theft are not harsh enough and people are beginning to rebel. Good on them, screw the crims, they have no rights.
Old 23-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #42
dsyfer

Criminals, in general use the threat or implied threat of violence to intimidate Joe Citizen, this is why 90% of the population will stand by and not get involved when something goes bad, this is how criminals get away with things, they know they have a really good chance of no one doing anything to stop them. And if they get caught, they get free meals and to hang out with like minded people in a cushy prison system.

I personally think he should have put on a Batman costume before he got the guy, he would have then been seen as a hero..... Superheros have been doing this sort of thing for ages and are applauded.
Old 23-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #43
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez104
If the justice system dished out appropriate penalties to these mongrels that steal/damage other peoples property, then you wouldn't find ordinary citizens making comments like you see here. Our penalties for crimes like theft are not harsh enough and people are beginning to rebel. Good on them, screw the crims, they have no rights.
A brilliant reply, having had conversations with some WA Police,who are absolutely fed up with lenient judges & sentences, the time has come for punishment to suit the crime. Poor excuses like, "I was not breast fed" or "I was a bed wetter" should not allow you to break the LAW as you please. Seems to me you have no rights,unless you are the crim?
Old 23-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #44
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down

Quote:

My friend moron I am not, so what do we do with repeat car thieves? Slap them on the wrists, tell them we love them & understand why they don't fit in with the rest of the law abiding citizens on the planet?Tell the young guy/girl down the street who has worked hard & saved up for his/her car, only to find someone who feels the need to take someone else's property, has just stolen his/her pride & joy, that the crim needs compassion, love & understanding. Of course the person who is no longer the car owner, is not the victim,it is the crim who is the victim.Of course the crim will feel sorry for the car 's former owner, & offer to pay his/her insurance costs. Maybe we could do what our friends in the Middle East do, convicted thief, remove a hand/arm. Certainly stops repeat offenders.
Old 23-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #45
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
I was told of a guy who had his car stolen - saw the car driving down the road and followed it. Now what the thief didn't realise was the guy he stole it off was a successful junior kickboxer. Thief ended up with his jaw broken in 3 places.
The thief also must not have not realised the car had an accelerator pedal. Either that or the guy he stole it off runs faster than his own car. ;)
Old 23-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #46
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The guy's vigilantism may now cost him not only jail time but also in civil court,
I can see a big claim for assault and mental anguish coming as criminal becomes victim...

All because we are becoming to "American" not many people in this country taking responsibility for their own actions. Like the guy whole broke into a house in Sydney, tripped on the toy's of the home-owners children and then sued them and won. The civil and legal court system in this country is an absolute joke.

On stories of vigilantisum i can guarantee that a couple of people from a little "town" roughly 110km from Moree won't steel again after the cockie they stole from caught them

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
Old 23-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #47
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
$50 says the scumbag gets a slap on the wrist and mr average joe who lost it, gets a jail sentence.
The car thieving criminal will probably get paid victims of crime, because the real victims never seem to get any.

I'm not one for condoning vigilantes but hopefully the car theif won't do it again and the owner won't ever be put in that position again. Temporary insanity?

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
Old 23-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #48
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
The guy's vigilantism may now cost him not only jail time but also in civil court, I can see a big claim for assault and mental anguish coming as criminal becomes victim...
The best defence with that would be to claim that he was already suffering mental anguish from an 'abused' history and this had led him to a life of crime.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
Old 23-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #49
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELGT4me
My friend moron I am not, so what do we do with repeat car thieves? Slap them on the wrists, tell them we love them & understand why they don't fit in with the rest of the law abiding citizens on the planet?Tell the young guy/girl down the street who has worked hard & saved up for his/her car, only to find someone who feels the need to take someone else's property, has just stolen his/her pride & joy, that the crim needs compassion, love & understanding. Of course the person who is no longer the car owner, is not the victim,it is the crim who is the victim.Of course the crim will feel sorry for the car 's former owner, & offer to pay his/her insurance costs. Maybe we could do what our friends in the Middle East do, convicted thief, remove a hand/arm. Certainly stops repeat offenders.
No i don't think car thieves should be punished at all. I think people should be allowed to steal whatever they want and get away with it without and form of justice at all.

You've managed to miss my point by about a mile while wrongly guessing at my opinions on the subject of justice.

Last edited by Auslandau; 23-05-2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Discuss it without the name calling ....
Old 23-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #50
Bobman
Regulator

No over-reaction here either.

People are simply fed up with the poor judicial system. No sympathy for car thieves or those who damage other people's property.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 23-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #51
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

What a stupid thing to do - take him to the bush, tie him to a tree and beat him.
Should have just cut the thiefs thumbs off.
Old 23-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #52
MAD
Petro-sexual

Absolutely love it!!... Caught in the act, no holding back!

I pity the moron who tries to steal my car or decides he would like to borrow my TV while I'm home.
Old 23-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #53
reece1
reece1

as long as they got the right guy,they deserve a medal. they should give them a bravery award.
anyone whos sees it otherwise is the reason this country is being ruined too many do gooders around these days that havent tasted the pain that lowlifes cause.
Old 23-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #54
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

let's all steer clear of the vigilante sentiment..
Old 23-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #55
reece1
reece1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
why its a forum for opinion
Old 23-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #56
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece1
why its a forum for opinion
thanks for the info..

if you'd like to be classed in the same segment as those who take the law into their own hands, let's say, those who heavily damaged a completely innocent automotive business because their burnout comp was cancelled, then that's fine with me. However the endorsing of physical violence is not a theme which we'd like reflected on the forums.

The guy did something wrong, messed up, paid for it, simple.
Old 23-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #57
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Time for the forum 'lynch mob 'then.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 23-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #58
reece1
reece1

Quote:
thanks for the info..

if you'd like to be classed in the same segment as those who take the law into their own hands, let's say, those who heavily damaged a completely innocent automotive business because their burnout comp was cancelled, then that's fine with me. However the endorsing of physical violence is not a theme which we'd like reflected on the forums.
you cant compare apples to oranges

The guy did something wrong, messed up, paid for it, simple.
what guy i missed this bit,
Old 23-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #59
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking all things fruity... this thread has turned into a bit of a lemon.....
Old 23-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #60
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece1
what guy i missed this bit,
trolling is very 2008

no one is comparing apples to oranges, i'm comparing a story of vigilante 'justice' to another case of, wait, vigilante justice..

But yes the thread's getting a little long in the tooth
Closed Thread