Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #31
anto
Za Dom spremni

wow those interiors are craptacular
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #32
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

The interior is obviously a giant step in the right direction. With VE the only thing that stopped me from buying one was the interior. The level of features in Omega is outstanding, touch screen, dual zone - I wonder if this is going to hurt Berlina sales? As far as cabin features go, Omega is now nearly the same spec as a G6E, without the leather of course.

I also like how they have integrated phone book functionality into the bluetooth interface, hopefully Ford will get their act together and update their software to do the same. Holden's touch screen is nice, but from the pictures the layout doesn't seem to be as nice as Ford's system, the screen is also smaller than Ford's 7 inch display. I look forward to getting into one of these things when they hit dealerships.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #33
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is something that is just not right with that interior, but I cant put my finger on it.

They were making a big deal about the update on Nova100 this morning.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #34
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

the interior is better but not as good as fords.
i just get a august 2010 omega work ute and i wish i got the update now
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #35
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Handbrake unchanged, EPIC INTERIOR UPDATE FAIL
Old 31-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #36
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any pics of the Caprice V interior?
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #37
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I'm seeing quite a few similarities between the new VEII and old BA, mainly the way the front bar lips under the fog lights and the change behind the front number plate where the VEII looks to be sporting the BA mouth guard.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #38
PETE_XR6

Too bad they didn't remove the A-Pillars!
PETE_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #39
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

Looks like Holden has being busy for the last few years making such a different car ROFL
Old 31-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #40
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY

I'm seeing quite a few similarities between the new VEII and old BA, mainly the way the front bar lips under the fog lights and the change behind the front number plate where the VEII looks to be sporting the BA mouth guard.
Please don't insalt what I think is the best looking Falcon of all time, by saying the Commdore looks the same!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #41
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Please don't insalt what I think is the best looking Falcon of all time, by saying the Commdore looks the same!!
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote V8
Looks like Holden has being busy for the last few years making such a different car ROFL
Don't be so quick to poke fun, BA-F wasn't exactly earth shattering and the numbers on LS1 regarding fuel consumption and the chatter regarding E85 are an interesting read. So perhaps that is were Holden have been spending their time, they realize that the Holden faithful will buy the car regardless of what it looks like.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #42
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Whilst this is a very boring facelift, almost a case of why did they bother, they have been deliberatly conservative so as to not alienate current VE owners in regards to resale ect. This VX II / VZ style of update was probably ready to align with the FG launch two years ago but was held back due to changes in management philosophy. Regardless, they will still sell off the back of "That" badge.
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #43
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Also noticed that the Omega Ute now has the torque-less 3.0 instead of the larger 3.6 V6. Although not a volume seller, that thing would be a pretty useless tow or tradies car compared to the grunty Falcon Ute.
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #44
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
Also noticed that the Omega Ute now has the torque-less 3.0 instead of the larger 3.6 V6. Although not a volume seller, that thing would be a pretty useless tow or tradies car compared to the grunty Falcon Ute.
Yes but its greener then the falcon ute, and whos the biggest buyer of Falcon / Commodore utes?? Governments!!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #45
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Yes but its greener then the falcon ute, and whos the biggest buyer of Falcon / Commodore utes?? Governments!!

It'll be very green burning twice the fuel when its loaded up...oh wait it'll only be 300kg.

As for the update, external is nothing special (but this was expected). Interior is like the original VE..the red one is craptacular, but the high series stuff looks good.
Old 31-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #46
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

The profile of the bar in the 'S' range seems to mimic the current XR series

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #47
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Great job Holden, launching a dead pan overhaul of a rather bland uninspiring VE Commodore just days before
Ford and FPV release their Supercharged V8 baby. I'm sure the most exciting Falcon in decades will now be
pushed to a page 54 article.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #48
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Handbrake unchanged, EPIC INTERIOR UPDATE FAIL
i jamed my hand in the handbrake for the first time today.
only took 2 days
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #49
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Come on gents it looks nothing like a BA or an FG, it looks like a VE that's had its headlights ripped off from an M3.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #50
HSE2

Well done Holden on putting Sat Nav into some models as standard Equip
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #51
g220ba
FGX XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
Well done Holden on putting Sat Nav into some models as standard Equip
Got to agree it's quickly becoming standard on a lot of cars. Hopefully we see the high end falcons recieve it in next years update.
The red interior is just terrible and a touch screen just seems like something else to go wrong. Just having something for the sake of having it really.
g220ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #52
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Err you could get the coloured interior in the early VEs, but it soon disappeared due to poor uptake.

2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #53
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This E85 is the BIGGEST CON job in Australian motoring in a long time. From what I have read, the savings on E85 fuel is 20 cent, which works out to be a 26% saving (.20/1.30), but drinks 1/3 (or 33.333%) more fuel.. That makes E85 cars 7% more expensive to operate each & every time you go to the petrol station...

Who in there right mind would be this??? Also add to that, you can only get it in 3L engines & you're already drinking more than a falcon in the real world, add 7% for E85 & you have a very expensive & gut less car to drive!!!

Con, con, con, con…. But watch Holden marketing at work & all the donkies that will buy this crap!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #54
HSE2

Hmmm reaction on the ls1 site doesn't seem as positive as it might be.

Ford should be right in this. But it shows you how tough it really is.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #55
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Great job Holden, launching a dead pan overhaul of a rather bland uninspiring VE Commodore just days before Ford and FPV release their Supercharged V8 baby. I'm sure the most exciting Falcon in decades will now be pushed to a page 54 article.
Yep, can definitely sense a 4+ page liftout on the VE2 coming up in Fridays Carguide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETE_XR6
Too bad they didn't remove the A-Pillars!
I would have thought they would have trimmed those up with some high strength steel etc. as Ford did, considering every second roadtest report comments on those pillars.

But must agree the interior does look freshened up quite a bit. There'll be a lot of cheap VE1's coming on the market now, traded in for this. Pity those who've just bought the old model.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #56
Gaz
Got Ghia?

For those who didn't realise this image has a glimpse of the original bonnet bulge before they smoothed the front out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY

Must say, colour touch screen is a massive inclusion, it updates the interior 300%. I've looked at updating the Ghia, had a look a few nice xr6t FG utes, but none with colour screens - it's a deal breaker for me.
Old 31-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #57
ozrunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315
...... Last year chairman, Mark Reuss, said Holden was going to ‘out-engineer’ its rivals with cutting-edge technology.
He was obviously referring to this ground braking technology.

Mechanical changes include:

Fitment of a clutched air conditioning compressor, which does not pump when the air conditioning system is turned off

Surely, it can't be true that the VE previously had a fixed air con pump
ozrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 11:25 PM   #58
WASP
Whipple Induced

I am one that generally liked the VE, and loved the HSV series 1 & 2. I am finding the more their designers push the original concepts, the more they seem to be making visual changes for change sake, failing to be able to improve on the original design exterior wise. Personally I think they have spoilt the SS/SSV appearance. Maybe it will grow on me in time.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:14 AM   #59
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why do Holden's interior designers continue to place the power window buttons in the centre console? In relation to be able to lock the power windows, what good is it in the centre console when even a child can reach over to it from the back seat?
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2010, 12:24 AM   #60
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The interiors no longer look like absolute crap anymore...
Officially now good enough to consider one...

The colour scheme in the SS looks stupid with the red and black dash, but you no longer have those moon-sized knobs below the screen, as you did on the VE Omega. Looks far better designed than before.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post