Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #31
Nappa
Impressive...

Default Re: Should I Pay the Deposit????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
Very expensive for a demo thats had the guts flogged out of it for its first 2000km (thats what happens to demos....) especially for a base model but if you like it and makes you happy then enjoy.
I'm assuming they have certificates to prove the paint protection was done? If not, be very sus... take it to a good body shop and they'll be able to tell you if its been done or not.
Just be aware that dealer tint is very cheap and nasty and will struggle to last 5 yrs in many cases. Its always better to go aftermarket - half the price for a far superior product. Oh, and repco sell mats for about 10% of the price that Ford charge....

I disagree with most of that,

demo's are generally driven as normally as anybody would. I dont think anyone is really gonna be going out of their way to flog a base model fiesta.
Also i would go out of my way not to thrash a new demo as they stink to high hell when you do.

From my experiance dealers don't fit their own tint, and send it to aftermarket tinters, but not places like tint professor.

You would have to be a pretty dodgy dealer to claim the car has paint protection on it and not supply, i know in the past it has happened by accident though, but you can usually tell the first time you wash the car whether its been applied.

And honestly who wants cheap repco mats, cmon when your spending the cash on a brand new car its nice to splash out on the ones that are fitted to the footwell and match the carpet.
Old 19-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #32
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Oh dear Nappa,

We are naive aren't we?
Or we work for Ford.....

'Demos are driven normally' are they? Please. It's hard to separate a Mazda 2, Suzuki Swift and a Fiesta if you just gently cruise around the block, changing at 2500rpm.... Demos demonstrate the car's full capabilities and are driven as such... Please, you think an XR6 turbo demo is just cruised around the block? Fiestas and any other car being test driven is flogged and should be - I sure as hell drove the crap out of several demos, and was encouraged by the salesman to 'see what she can do.' So get your head out of the sand... demos are flogged and then flogged off before the wear and tear becomes too obvious.

I have a mate who works in the tint industry - he peels dealer tint of near new cars all the time - dealers fit the cheapest crap they can lay their hands on to increase their bottom line. Obvious really.

You openly admit that 'in the past' paint protection hasn't been applied by a dealer when paid for, so no need to correct you there...

And the mats Repco sells are the same quality (thickness,fit) less the Ford logo and 90% cheaper. But hey if you want to donate another $100 to Ford then that's your choice.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #33
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Please, you think an XR6 turbo demo is just cruised around the block? Fiestas and any other car being test driven is flogged and should be - I sure as hell drove the crap out of several demos.
An XR6 Turbo and a CL Fiesta appeal to a different audience though. While I'd agree the performance minded consumer testing an XR6 Turbo would push some boundaries and sample the cars performance, thrashing a CL Fiesta? I certainly didn't 'thrash' the WS Fiestas I test drove. I'm sure a select few enjoy to thrash the crap out of someone else's property, but without knowing the cars history you can't assume it's "had the guts flogged out of it."

Quote:
..so no need to correct you there...
You've been here, what, about a month, and you're speaking to members who have been contributing valuable information to this forum for years in that manor? Way to make a great impression.

Quote:
the mats Repco sells are the same quality (thickness,fit) less the Ford logo and 90% cheaper. But hey if you want to donate another $100 to Ford then that's your choice.
My philosophy, if you can't afford the $100 mats Ford sell then you really shouldn't buy the car. Everyone's different, that's what makes the world interesting. I looked at aftermarket mats, but much preferred the look and finish of the Ford ones.

I'm bloody impressed with my car, as I'm sure ScoobyDoo is also, and at the end of the day isn't that the most important thing?
Old 20-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #34
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Very expensive for a demo thats had the guts flogged out of it for its first 2000km (thats what happens to demos....) especially for a base model but if you like it and makes you happy then enjoy.
I'm assuming they have certificates to prove the paint protection was done? If not, be very sus... take it to a good body shop and they'll be able to tell you if its been done or not.
Just be aware that dealer tint is very cheap and nasty and will struggle to last 5 yrs in many cases. Its always better to go aftermarket - half the price for a far superior product. Oh, and repco sell mats for about 10% of the price that Ford charge....
way to make him feel good about his puchase
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #35
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

So, Mr. DannyHilton - because you 'certainly didn't' thrash your Fiesta during the test drive, no one does? Hmmm. So you bought your car without testing its limits, simply relying on what it looked like and what complete strangers thought of the car? Wow. Just wow.

Like I said, the salesman - who works for Ford - whose property I was driving, actively encouraged me to give the Fiesta the beans because he knew it was up against the 2 and Swift, and knew the Fiesta's extra power was an excellent selling point (although not the only one). That's why he did it. And if he encouraged me to do it, he encouraged the next bloke after me too as well. And then the next one......

You say you can't assume to know the car's history? Exactly. I agree with you. So when buying a used car (as a demo car is) you assume the worst, otherwise you run the risk of paying the price. Big time.

I'm not on here to make 'an impression.' I simply responded to a thread. THEN AFTERWARDS Nappa decides to expose his extreme naivety by deriding my comments so I responded back. You assume because I have only been on here a month that I know nothing and must shut my trap and offer unconditional respect to others based on seniority, regardless of their ignorance or stupidity? LOL. Good luck.

Affording the $100 mats isn't the question. I chose to put the $ I saved towards a K&N filter, suspension mods, decent semi slicks and free flowing exhaust. Obviously others think that blinging up the inside of their rides with mats and illuminated door seals to Ford's profit is more their thing - and good luck to them. I just don't waste money on crap like others prefer to do.

If you feel you need to vilify people for responding to a thread then more's the pity on you. If you are so offended then remove my thread informing everyone of the new ECU tune available from Ford for FREE. Obviously such a contribution is not welcome. Good luck.
Old 20-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #36
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

It's getting a bit personal in here.

I'd suggest a number of you could do with a re-read of the site Terms & Conditions.

this one for example
Quote:
3. Posts that are disrespectful or insulting to another forum member. Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is expressed in a reasoned manner.
Be a bit more civil to one another or the thread goes bye byes
Old 20-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #37
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

I'd happily argue that there's nothing personal in it. It's just one person having several points of difference with others. If points of difference can't be healthily argued (i.e. no name calling/swearing/threats etc) then what's the point? Everyone has to agree and not debate any issues? Really?
Old 20-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #38
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

i say remove fiesta man69's thread if he wants to act like a child
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #39
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

So having a healthy debate over the issues in buying demos and accessorizing your car is behaving like a child, fordomatic? Or perhaps you consider any view not in alignment with your own childish?

Please cite where I have behaved 'like a child' - i.e. swearing, threats, name calling etc. and I will happily withdraw any thread. If you can't, then... well.

Excuse me if I call someone naive (Nappa) when they believe that a car that has been driven as a demo for 2000ks (the equivalent of Sydney to Melbourne AND back again) by dozens of different drivers, won't have been driven hard. All I did was add my own experience to try and help out the original poster of the thread. Only after that was I attacked by a whole three people - one of which - dannyhilton - in their own previous threads, stated that they had babied their car over the first 3000ks. I would have assumed that any consistent argument from said poster would have urged caution... but oh well.

If calling someone naive and not agreeing with every viewpoint on here is childish then yes, you've got me.
Old 21-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #40
Omegaaus
Starter Motor

Quote:
I've never had an issue with dealer tint on 4 cars. My friend sells tint and accessories for Barloworld VW. Tint is the same quality as joe public gets but they only pay $130 (what i paid for the Jetta). Solace and street legal generally do the tinting. Paint protection is useless and will last a few washes at best is what the detailers tell me, i've watched them apply it and i can't see it lasting much more than that myself but its a huge margin for the stealership.
Omegaaus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #41
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

I'm just reporting what my mate has told me (many times) who works in the industry. Is a huge problem on Hyundais apparently, but Ford and Holden aren't exempt. Apparently you are lucky if the tint last 5 years. I've been told that dealers use a cheaper tint that's more prone to bubbling and discolouring.

Regardless, I got mine tinted at Solace: darkest legal with lifetime warranty for $180. Bit cheaper than the dealer's $400+.....

The tint you option from the dealer is only covered by the standard (Ford) 3 yr/100K warranty too, which means its your problem if the tint bubbles after that period - hence why they can get away with using the cheaper stuff I presume.
Old 21-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #42
kboukes

dude, i got a brand new CL auto last month for 18200 no klms...

Maybe its a good deal considering they have you 2200?
kboukes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #43
kboukes

re tint: ive decided to go with my local tint guy, dont trust the car dealers, lol
kboukes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2011, 01:51 AM   #44
Nappa
Impressive...

just wanted to quickly clear something up,

I prefer not to be called naive as I am anything but. I was a new car salesman for one of the leading Ford Dealers in the country. We were part of the largest dealer network in Aus, so as you can imagine I sold and delivered more then a few demos over 5 years.

I no longer work in that industry so I have no reason to mislead you. I looked after my demo, I was proud of my demo and never abused it. I washed it twice a week and drove it with care.

Like i said when i brand new car is driven hard it stinks, the engine bay gives off the most foul smell..... so its really not worth it, also if you were to crash or bif the car then you had to pay a $2000 insurance excess.

One last note on tint. Sure a dealer charges probably double what the tint is worth, but thats just business, you would be suprised how little the dealer makes from selling the demo..... so they have to make money somewhere.

Anyway congratulations to ScoobyDoo, you've got yourself an awesome car, truly one of the best bang for your buck small cars around.
Old 22-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #45
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it sounded like you were/was a Ford salesman - all I can report is what the salesman instructed me to do to his Fiesta demo. But that said, the Swift chap did the same thing, while the 2 saleswoman was more disinterested than anything else. And yes, the car stunk - as does any car after you drive it hard but you wouldn't immediately try and on-sell the demo - you'd clean it up for sure so the buyer had no idea how hard it may have been driven. Surely when you were working in the industry you would have had salesman who flogged the guts out of demo turbos and 8's to get customers to buy? Therefore while you may not have ever flogged a demo in your career I'm sure you're not naive enough to realise that others do. That's all I was trying to warn ScoobyDoo about. Thanks for confirming the tint issue.
Old 22-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #46
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

My dealer fitted tint comes with a lifetime guarantee.

My demo had just under 1000kms on it and was driven by the accessory lady at the dealership who spent more time doing her nails and left her make-up bag on the front seat when I went to test drive it. She wouldn't know the accelerator pedal if it hit her in the face.

Paint protection ain't worth the paper it's written on but dealers have their gimmicks.

I saved $1500 off the best price I could get on a brand new car by buying a demo. I shopped around at 5 different dealers and went back and forth, and ended up buying the demo for much less money, with free tint and mats thrown in ...
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #47
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Fiesta God......

Who is the tint warranty with? Ford? OR the dealership? (Two very separate organisations as I have discovered.....) OR the private contractor employed by the dealership thru Ford to install the film?

Just be very aware of warranties thru Ford... often not worth the paper they're written upon..... just like 'paint protection,' as you rightly state.

The installer of tint at the dealership in south-western Sydney where I purchased my Fiesta from was an Asian bloke in a plain white van (saw him on two occasions); not associated with any Solartint/Solace etc. corporations as the salesman happily informed me.....

I hope the tint is great and never needs a claim, Fiesta God. You can get lucky. Every other accessory that comes with the car is only covered under the 3yr warranty (or not at all - wear and tear exemptions), so I'd double and triple check about the tint (read the very fine print).... Make sure they give you a straight answer or I'd be very concerned.