Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #31
tregs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: P&o cruise's ?

Thanks for the reply's it sounds like a hell of a lot of fun we are thinking about this one but are still looking

Fiji adventure 14 days
http://www.pocruises.com.au/findacru...ruiseCode=P307
Old 12-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #32
tregs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also to everyone that posted pic's thanks heaps they look good
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #33
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

One more thing that may help, on our 1st cruise we paid an extra $400 for an outside cabin this gave us a port hole to look out, we found this not worth the extra expense, if you do look out the port hole all you see is the sea and your hardly in your cabin unless your sleeping.
On our second cruise we took an inside cabin, never missed the port hole or the view of the sea which looks better from one of the decks.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #34
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tregs
Thanks for the reply's it sounds like a hell of a lot of fun we are thinking about this one but are still looking

Fiji adventure 14 days
http://www.pocruises.com.au/findacru...ruiseCode=P307
I did P208 this year, which is the same itinerary, on the same ship.

We had a ball. Some of the photos I threw on here before are from that cruise. We just had an outside room, nothing fancy, but it did us perfectly.

Anything you want to know?

Just over two weeks till I go again. Can't wait.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #35
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can you get 5 people into a cabin, it looks like max 4 berth, (3 kids and two adults).
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #36
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Charliewool spot on re the service - on the Pacific Pearl we were very impressed how much and without bother they looked after you.
Naturally tipping is recommended and TBH our cabin guy thoroughly deserved what we spotted him end of the cruise.
Haha yep the cocktails are sensational for the $$ cheap hence why I drank so many !
Even though our 7days flew past I reckon 9 days would be spot on couldn't handle many more days than that.
We were on the 11th floor so the cabins had a large window - yes your not in your cabin much but I liked checking outside for the heck, best thing was just one floor to get on deck - this made it very easy to move about.
Isle of Pines is paradise could chill out there for a week !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #37
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
One more thing that may help, on our 1st cruise we paid an extra $400 for an outside cabin this gave us a port hole to look out, we found this not worth the extra expense, if you do look out the port hole all you see is the sea and your hardly in your cabin unless your sleeping.
On our second cruise we took an inside cabin, never missed the port hole or the view of the sea which looks better from one of the decks.
We had a room with a balcony
personally I dont think I would like a room without natural light
and being able to let fresh air in
First thing I did every morning was open the door
Granted you arnt in the room a lot, but with a 4 yo, he will prob be in the room more than you were
Old 13-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #38
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
I did P208 this year, which is the same itinerary, on the same ship.

We had a ball. Some of the photos I threw on here before are from that cruise. We just had an outside room, nothing fancy, but it did us perfectly.

Anything you want to know?

Just over two weeks till I go again. Can't wait.
I did exactly the same itinerary, but on the Jewel (J208)... All those that said 14 days is too long... I wish it had of lasted another 14 days!
One more piece of advice.. If you're flying to and from Sydney for the cruise, BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS THRU P&O!! (even if it's a bit dearer)... Our ship broke down in Noumea for 7hrs on the way home, hence we didn't get into Sydney until Sunday night (instead of 7am) The number of people that were in an uproar over missing flights home, thus forfeighting their fares was staggering. (changed the entire mood of the ship over the final 2 days) AND, travel insurance does NOT cover missed flights due to ship mechanical stuff-ups!
If your flights are part of the P&O package, it is up to THEM to either get new flights or pay for accomodation until they're available.
Also, Spooly mentioned that an inside cabin is all you need?
For the bit extra, I really think a mini-suite or balcony cabin absolutely makes the cruise!.. Nothing better than relaxing out on your balcony with a few wines/crownies watching the stars. Leaving one door open at night to let the sea-breeze in also made sleeping so much better.
Mini-suite as well as being double the size of a normal cabin and having a bath, also entitles you to complimentry champange on arrival & chockies each night, priority embarking and dis-embarking at all ports (rather than queuing for tender tickets to islands) and a few other freebies.
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #39
qdda5

This the luxury room we stayed in. The joys of leaving the kids behind.
Oceana Marina a few moths ago while sailing around Europe.

Even had an Entertainment room as well.

urope255.jpg[/IMG]
qdda5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #40
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by qdda5
This the luxury room we stayed in. The joys of leaving the kids behind.
Oceana Marina a few moths ago while sailing around Europe.

Even had an Entertainment room as well.
imageimage
That's awesome, how expensive is something like that?

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #41
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a Balcony Cabin on deck 11, we wanted a mini suite, but were all sold out

The little thingsthe cabin stewards doo daily

Champagne Bay

Mystery Island

Great Sunrises and sunsets over the ocean

Last edited by TS50; 13-06-2012 at 10:39 AM.
TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #42
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

As mentioned Princess cruises are a higher quality level than P&O cruises although owned by the same company.
We have done 2 * 14 night cruises with Princess Cruises and 3 sampler cruises with them (explain them a bit later)
We had a some friends do a cruise on P&O and then a short time later they did one on Princess, they could not stop raving about how much better the quality of the layout, service, food etc was on the Princess Ship

Our first cruise was our honeymoon, we chose a cruise because it was a way to control our costs, and being self employed there is no guarantee of having money to spend at the time, we figured once we on board we could afford to live, even if it meant no alcohol or day trips, turns out we did a few shore excursions and had a ball.

The P&O normally do get a younger crowd or even older that have a tighter budget, so behaviour levels do depend on that a little. Our first cruise was full of a lot older people but that did not bother us as we were there to get away from all the hassles at home and work, but staff were telling us the cruise previously had a younger crowd and there was some trouble.

The only meals we had to pay for on our cruises were a $20 a head cover charge to the steak house restaurant, this has to be booked as there is limited seating, but it was well and truly worth it.

I did not find drinks expensive but are not a big drinker, they tend to ask you though if you want doubles most the time which starts to add up the bill and intoxication level. Do accept cocktails do get a bit pricey, but hell, there for a good time.

Every cruise we have had a balcony cabin, would not do one with out it. Although you do not spend much time in the cabin, it is great just to go back sometimes and chill out in the fresh air and the views, if there's something beside water, one time going into the Fjord lands I was looking over the Balcony watching the dolphins swim beside the ship. Even at night we would leave the balcony door slightly open, just to get fresh air in rather than the pumped air con air.

You are safer, although it cost more, to organise day trips through the ship and do it before you head off. If you organise your own day shore excursions and there is an issue and you do not get back in time, you may arrive to find and the ship has set sail, they will wait for stragglers for a little time, but have strict time schedules they must meet. if you were on one of their excursions, they would take care of any issues as they are responsible.

Princess Cruises, not sure about others, have what they call sampler cruises, normally 2 or 3 night. I think these cruises are just them relocating the ship and trying to earn some money to do it. We have done 3 sampler cruises, 1 from melb to sydney which is 2 nights and 1 day at sea, 1 from syd to melb same deal and a third was 3 nights and 2 days which was from Sydney, to Tassie and then to Melb. These sampler cruises give you an indication of whether you think you could handle or like to do a bigger cruise, but we have found that because they are cheaper, there are more drinking type people on them, you know the sort, they just want to be by a bar no matter where they are and get a bit loud etc, so although the time on the ship may give you an indication, it's not the normal sort of people you will be dealing with.

Would I do another, hell yeah, can't wait until the funds allow for us to do another and escape form everything that sucks

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #43
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Great to see so many positive posts - the only thing I'll change is getting a balcony room next voyage.
To think 6mths prior of going once my wife booked I was not looking forward to the trip one bit ! The thought being out there with the mind set of nothing to do or I can't just disappear whenever I want was blown to shreds.
Once you got the jist of rebooking the following nights dinner - got onto what you wanted to do each day be it trivia/bingo/auctions etc the days and nights are full.
We all had a ball and have told the wife to book another.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #44
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I went on a cruise to NZ for 13 nights from Melbourne on the Dawn Princess in 2011, which was through Princess Cruises.

I had a good time, majority of the travellers where in their 60s and later, a few of us youngins on the ship though, it was good to relax, the food was fantastic and same with the level of service. Every night they had different shows on, there was so many things to do, it was like a floating town with 2300 people along for the ride.

Plus it was pretty cool to be in the middle of the ocean, cruising at like 30km/h partying for no reason haha.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post