Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #31
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 
Default Re: The World Is In Chaos !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Somethings gonna be rising if I see those photos.
Fried eggs.
Old 18-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #32
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Disappointing :(
Old 18-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #33
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Seriously one of the funniest characters from a hilarious movie

Pic made my day
cheers, one of my favs too .
Old 18-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is quite a funny thread.

The OP stated the world was in chaos.
I disagreed, I believe the world is the most controlled it has ever been.
Lots of people on here don't seem to understand the meaning of the word chaos and seem to be afraid or offended as that is the usual result of not understanding.

So here is a task. Look up what the work chaos actually means and then re-read the thread.

Chaos does not mean better or worse it means disorder or lack of control and right now there is more order and control then ever before.

This may or may not be a good thing from your point of view but more and more people are voluntarily allowing themselves to be controlled and giving up their God given freedoms.

As far as I am concerned THAT IS DUMB........
Old 18-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #35
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the world is dumb?????
Old 18-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #36
gtfpv
GT

Interesting opinions . All the bad things in the past have always been a result of the masses following and allowing the minority to rule , i'm not saying it's automatically govts when i mention minority .
When good men do nothing . evil will flourish . . we now have masses of people fleeing their own countries , we have masses of people protesting about beliefs , we have masses of people protesting about land rights . JAPAN AND CHINA for instance , and look who quickly jumps in; the USA, with Japan, as long as a missile agreement is signed of course. Iran with china of course,as Israel are allies of the US, and a long list of other reasons to support a bigger plan .
Aside from this , we have the US$ fading and being overlooked by China and Iran in favour of the>>> EURO, <<< check out US history when that occurs,( everytime) . Syrian conflict, Egyptian conflict, Spain bringing back their own currency, OIL trading in EUROS !!! Libya switched to the EURO shortly before civil uprising
Now who is going crazy , is it the minority or the majority .Ii'm starting to think its the majority getting edgy.
It does seem the world is out of control and entering CHAOS of late .

http://news.rpi.edu/update.do?artcenterkey=2902

Last edited by gtfpv; 19-09-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 18-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #37
EVLKNEVL

"The person is smart. The people are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." -Agent K, Men in Black
Old 19-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #38
IDT
Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf
no mate but it is not all doom and gloom either.......the world is what we make of it

theres always been problem people and troubled times......absolutely no difference now

we have choices now as we did then.......if we listen to the news then we have a major problem with the muslims......not true....the rioters are the minority condemned by their own leaders

according to the media everything is falling apart.....water shortage, global warming, political upheaval Kate's topless photos.....the sky is falling

nothing has changed in my excessive lifetime......the news is still the same..... the faces change

I travel a lot.......I've met a lot of folks and I'm glad i did.......more decent folk out there than bad.....trouble is we meet 100 great folks but the one pinhead stays in our memory

the media has to have news at any cost at any time.....doesn't matter if it is factual or newsworthy.... just has to be news

if we all honestly believed the world is going to hell then what is the point of continuing a pointless existence

not me......I love life and refuse to believe the propaganda spread around and labelled as "fact"

switch the telly off, ......see life as it really is
I am a pretty positive person and think I am very lucky as well but I do miss the days when we never used to lock the doors except when we went on holidays and when, as little kids, we played in the front street without fear and neighbours behaved like, well, neighbours.
Old 19-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #39
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Society tends to crumble every 30-40 years. It goes through boom and bust cycles. It used to be more of a local phenomenon, but now that the whole world is linked it amplifies all the disturbances.

Who would think that Greece running out of money would affect the retirement savings of people in the USA?

Who would think that an obscure movie in the USA that was never even released theatrically would lead to riots, an embassy being overrun, and an ambassador being killed in Libya?
Old 19-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #40
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiefied
It's hard to say where the next flare up will be but i reckon within 2 years america will have a real situation on their hands with a currency crisis born by their inability to pay off external debt and the federal reserve continuing to print money like its going out of fashion. This is a huge deal and could mean usa will start wars to distract their local population, which they're on the verge anyway.

When that doesnt happen, What will happen will be in our country right here in about 50 years when those protesters are all having 10 kids and there 10 kids are having 10 kids and instead of a few thousand turning up about a million will and reality will be realised. Far more of a threat here than america. They dont breed like rabbits for nothing and in alot of cases the blood is very very close makes for a ticking timebomb upstairs
Old 19-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #41
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I belive there has always been lots & lots of terrible things happening in the world. But the average person only knows what the media tells them.

For example, so if its a slow news day & a few people have a protest. The media will hype it up to sell papers, they will then find other protests in other places & try & link them to make it look worse, once again to sell papers.
More people then worry & start noticing things they ususally wouldnt think twice about. All until some celebrity has a wardrobe malfunction, or cheats on their partner & all is forgotten until the next slow news day.

I'd say all in all we have it pretty good these days. Most people on here are more worried about ford discontinuing the falcon & not making large RWD V8's than where their next meal is coming from. Thats got to be a good thing.
Old 19-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #42
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

okay I will look at the true meaning of chaos as defined by an online dictionary.......

1. A condition or place of great disorder or confusion.......umm no doesn't fit

2. A disorderly mass; a jumble: The desk was a chaos of papers and unopened letters.......ummmm no very orderly

3. often Chaos The disordered state of unformed matter and infinite space supposed in some cosmogonic views to have existed before the ordered universe........dont even know what the hell that means

this is not how life is nor how it has ever been........life and the world we live in is extremely well organised and far from chaos

to make a statement in the order of "the world is in chaos" as opposed to how it used to be is ridiculous

we have a far better life now than we have ever had.....airline travel has never been cheaper....roads have never been better.....vehicles are now limousines ....every meal a banquet......every payday a fortune

houses are mansions......police rarely beat us around the head any more......I could go on

life is fantastic and the modern world is a terrific place to be and is eons away from "chaos"

if you find life difficult and the world around you to be unnavigatable then change what you are doing

life is a journey made up of choices just like any highway......we have and make thousands of decisions everyday.....some good some bad

life is what you make of it......dont like your job....change it

dont like the city......get out

dont like the road rules......dont drive

we all have decisions to make.........if your life sucks for whatever reason......take a look in the mirror.....the person staring back at you is the reason for your failure to enjoy an amazing gift

I too yearn for ....well...simpler times where the doors were left open and there were less vehicles.....less aggravation.....but I love the modern world and it's gadgetry

but the simple truth of the matter is that the world is changing, may not be for the better but we adapt and continue to construct and maintain a "level" of existence

everyone of us can fall in a heap at the first difficult stretch but the metal of any person is the way he/she deals with the hurdle

some choose to sit in a corner and grizzle about life and all it's hardships.......others learn from it, pick themselves up by their bootstraps, grit their teeth and rip straight back in

I see a lot of folks in here that sit in the corner and do nothing but whinge and *****, .......I often wonder when will they lift themselves to a level that they wish to be at

your gift is life.....life is what you make of it......no chaos....just life.......go and enjoy it

oh! and where did you buggers find Kates topless pics......I had a look for um! er! sake of future reference and cant find them

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 19-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #43
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
oh! and where did you buggers find Kates topless pics......I had a look for um! er! sake of future reference and cant find them
This... ^^^
Old 19-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #44
glavas

Ww1 , ww2 , middle ages? Thats all that needs to be said
Old 19-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #45
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Somethings gonna be rising if I see those photos.
I doubt it, I've got bigger boobs than her..........
Old 19-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #46
MGGT RAA
AUII XR8, BA XR8 290 UTE

Some people watch too much tv... Youll find if you walk outside, there isnt any rioting, looting or world ending going on.
Old 19-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #47
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic
Who would think that Greece running out of money would affect the retirement savings of people in the USA?
Please post a link to this please.

I need to be educated on the how and the why. Pm me if you like.
Old 19-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #48
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0
Old 19-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #49
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
not quoting any evidence , but it seems to me that there is a lot of chaos in the world of late . lots of info on news not on tv etc etc . riots everywhere , and it seems allies are being formed and disclosed quite quickly , on top of this the doom and gloom conspiricies and economic doom sayers seem to be everywhere .
im i just having one of those days or do others get that feeling ?
What you are seeing are just the warm up acts.
Old 19-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #50
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
What you are seeing are just the warm up acts.
I tend to agree.... bloody hope not..

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 19-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #51
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Please post a link to this please.

I need to be educated on the how and the why. Pm me if you like.
I don't have a link, but I can describe the situation.

Many Americans have their retirement savings in what is called a 401(k) plan. The number comes from the federal income tax code. Money put into one of those plans is deducted from a person's paycheck before federal income taxes are withheld. Upon retirement, the person draws that money out and pays taxes at a reduced rate.

Anyway, 401(k) plans are funds managed by various financial institutions that make global investments with the money. Any of those funds that have been invested in anything in Greece are not worth much at the moment!
Old 19-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #52
anto
Za Dom spremni

oh it most certainly is and anyone that thinks all is fine and dandy in the world needs to have a serious re think.
AU III XR8 red ute
Old 20-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #53
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
okay I will look at the true meaning of chaos as defined by an online dictionary.......

1. A condition or place of great disorder or confusion.......umm no doesn't fit

2. A disorderly mass; a jumble: The desk was a chaos of papers and unopened letters.......ummmm no very orderly

3. often Chaos The disordered state of unformed matter and infinite space supposed in some cosmogonic views to have existed before the ordered universe........dont even know what the hell that means

this is not how life is nor how it has ever been........life and the world we live in is extremely well organised and far from chaos

to make a statement in the order of "the world is in chaos" as opposed to how it used to be is ridiculous

we have a far better life now than we have ever had.....airline travel has never been cheaper....roads have never been better.....vehicles are now limousines ....every meal a banquet......every payday a fortune

houses are mansions......police rarely beat us around the head any more......I could go on

life is fantastic and the modern world is a terrific place to be and is eons away from "chaos"

if you find life difficult and the world around you to be unnavigatable then change what you are doing

life is a journey made up of choices just like any highway......we have and make thousands of decisions everyday.....some good some bad

life is what you make of it......dont like your job....change it

dont like the city......get out

dont like the road rules......dont drive

we all have decisions to make.........if your life sucks for whatever reason......take a look in the mirror.....the person staring back at you is the reason for your failure to enjoy an amazing gift

I too yearn for ....well...simpler times where the doors were left open and there were less vehicles.....less aggravation.....but I love the modern world and it's gadgetry

but the simple truth of the matter is that the world is changing, may not be for the better but we adapt and continue to construct and maintain a "level" of existence

everyone of us can fall in a heap at the first difficult stretch but the metal of any person is the way he/she deals with the hurdle

some choose to sit in a corner and grizzle about life and all it's hardships.......others learn from it, pick themselves up by their bootstraps, grit their teeth and rip straight back in

I see a lot of folks in here that sit in the corner and do nothing but whinge and *****, .......I often wonder when will they lift themselves to a level that they wish to be at

your gift is life.....life is what you make of it......no chaos....just life.......go and enjoy it

nice sentiment, it would be good if it was that easy poppa .
Old 20-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #54
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well actually I have made most of these changes over my lifetime......some were forced others were a personal choice

I just reckon life is a wonderful gift.......some deserve it others squander it

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 20-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #55
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the propeller disrupts mind waves better than foil does.

I bet the Romans thought they were in for smooth sailing for the foreseeable future - crazy germans
Old 20-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #56
12slotter

www.infowars.com
Old 20-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #57
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
This is quite a funny thread.

The OP stated the world was in chaos.
I disagreed, I believe the world is the most controlled it has ever been.
Lots of people on here don't seem to understand the meaning of the word chaos and seem to be afraid or offended as that is the usual result of not understanding.

So here is a task. Look up what the work chaos actually means and then re-read the thread.

Chaos does not mean better or worse it means disorder or lack of control and right now there is more order and control then ever before.
This may or may not be a good thing from your point of view but more and more people are voluntarily allowing themselves to be controlled and giving up their God given freedoms.

As far as I am concerned THAT IS DUMB........
Totally disagree. As stated in another thread, we still have a bazillion more freedoms than the fascist/socialist regimes of the early 20th century.
Old 21-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #58
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob
Totally disagree. As stated in another thread, we still have a bazillion more freedoms than the fascist/socialist regimes of the early 20th century.
Do we?
How about running a business? Have we ever had such a time in history when we were so regulated in the running of a family business to earn some money?
How about parenting? When in history have we ever had such tight and intrusive government regulation on how we raise our kids? Smacking anyone?
How about freedom of travel? Got a speeding fine lately?
How about freedom of gathering in a public place? Are you aware of the "Move-along" laws?
How about who we associate with? Have a look at the laws that states are trying to bring in regarding the bikie gangs.
How about a right to remain silent? Nope - that one went with the anti terror laws.
How about a freedom of thought and ideas? Not that one either. Anything that may be deemed offensive or vilify someone will see you in court.
How about your kids playing in the playground? Ummm there have been cases of parents being fined for their kids making too much noise while playing in a park!

So I can't really agree that we are in the free age.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
Old 21-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #59
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sorry but I do all of the above and find no restrictions.......but that is nowhere near the description of chaos.....these are simply freedom issues which if challenged in a court of law more often than not get thrown out

to determine whether we are indeed "in chaos" we would have to have something to compare the world to

I made comparisons to the past as this is the only true way to determine or compare

we have no identical world......we have as yet not determined a future to compare so that leaves only the past

as far as I'm concerned, until I'm convinced otherwise, we are not in chaos

over regulated, controlled, manipulated to a certain extent ....yes but far from chaos

I state again life is a wonderful gift.......some choose to squander it by burying their head in the computer and seeing nothing but doom and gloom, also having no real life experiences, choose to believe the tripe that abounds within

the internet is loaded with fools who love to shout the chicken little story but in all honesty life and the world is not like that

life and the wold, in all it's glory, will continue to amaze and enthral this old feller

Old 21-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #60
XEGL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic
When that doesnt happen, What will happen will be in our country right here in about 50 years when those protesters are all having 10 kids and there 10 kids are having 10 kids and instead of a few thousand turning up about a million will and reality will be realised. Far more of a threat here than america. They dont breed like rabbits for nothing and in alot of cases the blood is very very close makes for a ticking timebomb upstairs

Oh, how bigoted and dumb. Better lock yourself up from now then.
Closed Thread