Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #31
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Default Re: Legalities of off-street burnouts

So far we have

- Police Bashing
- Killjoys
- Model citizens

The question was answered in some of the top posts and OP even answered his own question with his own research.

Some threads in this place are just ridiculous.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #32
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
I think a lot of you are missing the point here. a burnout is a dangerous activity with the potential to kill or maim . therefore an unlicenced burnout pad is equally dangerous. if you want to run a burnout comp on private property no problems get zoning approval, set up the site in accordance with regs, run it as a legally sanctioned motorsport event complete with qualified marshals and scrutineers and have an ambulance in attendance ( like all LEGAL motorsport events do) and go for your life.
owning land does not give you the right to carry on like a bogan risking life and annoying neighbours, you are obliged to comply with all laws including zoning laws.
simple really spend the dollars and time to set it up legally ( no just lay a concrete slab) or don't do it at all
Who's saying there Is a burnout comp? This is about eroding our rights here. Where do you draw the line with activities that you partake on your own land. If there is an actual burnout comp going on and it isn't just for private use then sure fair enough. I can understand the aggression from the police in that instance. But from what I can see its him and a few mates takin advantage f being a land owner so they don't do it on he streets. Where does it end from here? Soon enough you won't be able to consume alcohol on private property as it is t a licences venue. But far fetched but that is what this could eventuate to. Private property has its perks and right now this is a pathetic excuse from the law to throw around their weight and pick up on land they have no jurisdiction on in this case.

You can't sit there and tell me if you had land and you wanted to do a burnout you wouldn't want to make your own pad and go nuts in your own time. This is a pathetic excuse to dictate what we can and cannot do on our own land knowing full well what the consequences may be. It's like target shooting on your own property. You have a licence for your weapons, you're taking the necessary precautions to ensure no one is going to be down range of your rifle but the cops come up and tell you to cease or they will confiscate your firearms. It's the same deal but in a different scenario.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #33
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
I think a lot of you are missing the point here. a burnout is a dangerous activity with the potential to kill or maim . therefore an unlicenced burnout pad is equally dangerous. if you want to run a burnout comp on private property no problems get zoning approval, set up the site in accordance with regs, run it as a legally sanctioned motorsport event complete with qualified marshals and scrutineers and have an ambulance in attendance ( like all LEGAL motorsport events do) and go for your life.
owning land does not give you the right to carry on like a bogan risking life and annoying neighbours, you are obliged to comply with all laws including zoning laws.
simple really spend the dollars and time to set it up legally ( no just lay a concrete slab) or don't do it at all
What you say is 100% correct, and there is no argument in what you say, these guys are breaching laws (EPA ones in particular) however as a resident in a rural area I would much rather they do their brunouts on a private pad than at the intersection at the bottom corner of my property where people walk their dogs kids ride their bikes and there are things like power poles and trees and drains for them to hit and hurt / kill them selfs in

at least on a private pad the people are their to participate or watch knowing what's about to happen and make that choice to be there, (un like the unsuspecting public when its on the road) if the emergency services know of it (as it seems the OP indicated they had been informed) they know when they get called to this adress what they are in for in terms or resorses

burnouts are going to happen I'm not a fan but I accept that the people ripping skids probably arnt fans of what I like in motor vehicles but we need to cohabitate so what's the solution?

Sydney Dragway has off street Drags and Burnouts that are popular and I feel this has helped reduce the number of skids on public roads in Western Sydney

Look at the cars Tankclare is building there is some serious engineering going in to these things and from what I can see he and his mates are responsible with how they preform their sport, the event he is tied up with at Kandos is a well run / organised event that has the belssing of the local police and is used by the town for toruisum $$$$$$ (thats an off topic point but one I felt worth telling)

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #34
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax View Post
And nobody is holding a knife to their throat forcing them to do the job. They perform the tasks willingly or they shouldn't be in the role.
When they learn to respect me and call me Sir, I'll reciprocate the respect to them.
Perhaps like me the local police wern't awear you had been knighted

Quote:
How many of us learned to drive a farm hack at the age of 13 like me? Or ride a motorbike or gokart on a private farm? Wouldn't it be a shame if these road rules started spilling over onto private property?

You can bet your **** it will...
I learnt to drive in an XL Deluxe at my parrents property, my kids both ride their dirt bikes and my Triton yard ute, BUT not like dick heads as we only have 5 acres and I dont let them disturb the horses next door the neighbours and I get on well my kids get on well with them also its all about giving respect to get respect

2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #35
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661 View Post
So far we have

- Police Bashing
- Killjoys
- Model citizens

The question was answered in some of the top posts and OP even answered his own question with his own research.

Some threads in this place are just ridiculous.
I dont know if I fall into the killjoy or model citizen column

But your post earns the honor as the most pointless in this thread to date

The OP used the thread as a sounding board, the responces have been reasonably constructive for said board until your post, I think its mostly been on topic and civil

This user likes this post:
Old 06-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #36
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

why is it assumed the police are the baddies here? although the police may think it is a good idea has anyone thought there may have been a complaint from somebody in the area that forces the police to act to keep a law enforced.

and to answer an earlier question, in our local area, several competition riders and freestyle completion riders have had their private practice tracks and ramps closed down, enforced by the police under direction of council rules.

The op said he was getting legal advice from a solicitor, probably going to be a lot more accurate on laws and local rules than anything posted here

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #37
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin' View Post
Reminds me of when I was younger and we went rally bashing with some paddock bombs out at nuriootpa. Most of us were a few beers under but it didn't matter as we were on private land, nearest neighbor over 5 kays out. I'd like to think I could still do this sort of thing (albeit not drinking perhaps) and not get hassled by the police. It's a little irritating that you can't even enjoy yourself on private property anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post
You should Google "Agenda 21".

Sounds like Iggy wishes he had access to a bit of private rural land for paddock bashing, so reckon he is better off googling Century 21
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #38
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok I have found the legislation.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/v...01132o2011541/

Interesting part here about Venues. IMO I think just putting a pad in the middle of nowhere on private land will not cut it.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/v...01132o2011541/
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #39
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
When they learn to respect me and call me Sir, I'll reciprocate the respect to them.
Such an Arrogant statement with a side of self embellishment & insecurity.

You, my dear boy, have ALOT to learn haven't you?

You'll respect them once they respect you? Respect is earnt not given my friend. And unfortunately for you, you haven't done anything recognition worthy in the publics eyes have you?

You haven't had to clean up bits of dead babies, witness horrifying acts of violence to people, deliver the news to a mother & father that their son or daughter have died, attend a drug overdose, the list can go on mate. That alone deserves a some level of respect. That's not opinion. That's fact.

These people put their lives on the line for YOU. They will stand in the way of someone who is trying to attack you. Come to your rescue if your in trouble. Not because its their job, but because they have a sense of willingness to help people, protect people. Do the job that you (that's you bad max, and the name says it all) are too afraid or selfish to do.

They are not all their for a power trip. Not their to throw their weight around. Sure there is a few bad apples, but a few always tarnishes the rest.

I don't call anyone "Sir" unless they have earnt it. So earn your title mate. Earn the respect. Then and ONLY THEN can you be called sir.

So what have YOU done to earn the respect?

If you think you should be called "Sir" why don't you be the bigger man (you aren't you?) change your attitude an thow some respect their way?

Some people are just ungrateful to the last.

I really want to ad more to this post, but I would be taking a holiday if I did.

To the OP. Are you able to talk to the Highest ranking station officer? Ask them & see what they say. See if you can get it in writing. The other is build a bloody big fence both around & in height around the pad or paddock.

Or a big shed. I remember street machine were invited to a special gathering that was undisclosed special event for such a thing in a massive industrial shed a few years back. May be more expensive but desired effect.

200m isnt far away. I could hear bikes going aroun QLD raceway the other day, but not The v8's a couple weekends ago. And I live a fair way from the raceway.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #40
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It works both ways champ. Just because I made the choice not to become a Police officer upholding ridiculous, draconian laws, doesn't automatically make me inferior to someone who made the choice.
They made the choice, no one is forcing them, no one, you remember that!
Don't try and play the guilt trip on me about cleaning up dead bodies that they have made a choice to do.
Remember, we all make choices!
Send me a PM if you feel so inclined...

Back to the topic. It's BS, we are under constant attack to take away our freedoms. So much for the lucky country...I wouldn't be surprised if a quick pay off to the local councils resolves the issue...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #41
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

What's the alternative? Someone finding a nice secluded area to rip a skid or doing one from the lights or on their own property away from everyone else. OR should they wait 6 months between events do get their fill?
Old 06-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #42
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It works both ways champ. Just because I made the choice not to become a Police officer upholding ridiculous, draconian laws, doesn't automatically make me inferior to someone who made the choice.
Don't try and play the guilt trip on me about cleaning up dead bodies that they have made a choice to do.

Back to the topic. It's BS, we are under constant attack to take away our freedoms. So much for the lucky country...I wouldn't be surprised if a quick pay off to the local councils resolves the issue...
WTF havent you got a chip on your sholder

Your right no one forces them to do their job its a choise they made, do you think that makes it OK then to treat them like ****

I know a few police people in various ranks, some are friends others are people I just know, the common theme is though that they are all decent people doing a job that most people would poo their pants doing.

Ive also found with almost every person I have met if I talk to them as if they are decent people, they reply in turn, if the fist words out of my mouth are along the lines of what the **** do you want *** hole, the person wants to rip my head off, see's pretty fair to me that it works that way.

A mate of mine decided that a carrier in the police was what he wanted he was in a high paying IT role but wanted something more out of work wanted a rewarding and challanging carrier, so at 40 he entered the force, at his first station on his first roster, he attended a fatle MVA, a suiside, a consern for welfare that resulted in a person being decised for several days before being found and a SIDS case 4 days for dead people, form there the first few months were simular, basicaly the life of a GD constable involves nothing more than talking to people at the worst possible time in their lives, be it self inflicted or other wise, no one says thanks for arresting my partner for beating the **** out of me, no one says thank you for letting me **** and vomit on you.

Yes they chose the job and it's their choice to stay in the face, but I tell you what as a society we are much better off that they are there

My mate for the record is out of GD's but still in the face and very much enjoying his rewarding career choice even if he is on around 30% of his former salary

I've worked with some at some messy jobs, and I see it all the time everyone loves the fire fighter but they all think the cops a ****

Last edited by The Yeti; 06-08-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #43
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72 View Post
What's the alternative? Someone finding a nice secluded area to rip a skid or doing one from the lights or on their own property away from everyone else. OR should they wait 6 months between events do get their fill?
People using this as an excuse does not cut it. Basically the drifting community got sick of no events in Victoria, so Vic Drift have started hosting events every few weeks. There is heaps of Drift events held at Calder and Winton here in Vic. If you think there is not enough events, get some people together, speak to your local track and book a day. It will cost a fair bit, but you can hold an event.

I used to be the same opinion that not enough events, but a few friends of mine are working to get more drift events and it has been a huge success.

Last edited by xisled; 06-08-2013 at 03:17 PM.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #44
superyob
Banned

Quote:

So, according to your logic, because they made the choice to join the police, they shouldn't uphold the law...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #45
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
People using this as an excuse does not cut it. Basically the drifting community got sick of no events in Victoria, so Vic Drift have started hosting events every few weeks. There is heaps of Drift events held at Calder and Winton here in Vic. If you think there is not enough events, get some people together, speak to your local track and book a day. It will cost a fair bit, but you can hold an event.

I used to be the same opinion that not enough events, but a few friends of mine are working to get more drift events and it has been a huge success.
I see where you're coming from and I agree fully, I'm not bashing cops or anything I'm bashing the legislation. I don't believe that police should have the power to book you or confiscate vehicles on your own property if you're not hosting an event or having people other than yourself and your CLOSE friends using it. There needs to be more organised events and not just in major cities and larger country towns. Some people just don't believe that they should drive 5+ hours just so they can get their fill when these people have the land they can do it on themselves. That's my disagreement. The police are just doing what they're told but they should be able to use their discretion where applicable. I mean, 3 kids riding their motorbikes on their own property threatened to have them confiscated whilst on their own property. That's hardly fair, do you think?
Old 06-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #46
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72 View Post
I see where you're coming from and I agree fully, I'm not bashing cops or anything I'm bashing the legislation. I don't believe that police should have the power to book you or confiscate vehicles on your own property if you're not hosting an event or having people other than yourself and your CLOSE friends using it. There needs to be more organised events and not just in major cities and larger country towns. Some people just don't believe that they should drive 5+ hours just so they can get their fill when these people have the land they can do it on themselves. That's my disagreement. The police are just doing what they're told but they should be able to use their discretion where applicable. I mean, 3 kids riding their motorbikes on their own property threatened to have them confiscated whilst on their own property. That's hardly fair, do you think?
If there is no intrusion upon anyone else's peace and quiet, and the land area is large, then there might be no problem... I think the points being made though relate to noise, dust, pollution and safety. You may be on your own land, but the public/taxpayer still foots the medical and legal bills in the event of an incident...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #47
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

I can see that this has gone a little off topic (doesnt surprise me lol)

Anyway, we have respected the police when they come out to talk to us. They didnt enter the property we met them out the front. This was on a Saturday afternoon and there were about 150 people present with about 25 cars. We notified the neighbors in person and they all said they didnt mind and told them of the hours we were doing it and all the details, contact number ect. Had barriers set up and a big hill where spectators viewed from. There was no entry fees or anything just rocked up. Had a firetruck there and everyone had a great day.

Yes we live in a rural area too the closest drag strip or burnout pad is over an hour away, but thats beside the point.

There are plenty of clashes between legal and ethical dilemmas but I appreciate everyones input.
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #48
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_rossy View Post

Anyway, we have respected the police when they come out to talk to us. They didnt enter the property we met them out the front. This was on a Saturday afternoon and there were about 150 people present with about 25 cars. We notified the neighbors in person and they all said they didnt mind and told them of the hours we were doing it and all the details, contact number ect. Had barriers set up and a big hill where spectators viewed from. There was no entry fees or anything just rocked up. Had a firetruck there and everyone had a great day.

Yes we live in a rural area too the closest drag strip or burnout pad is over an hour away, but thats beside the point.

There are plenty of clashes between legal and ethical dilemmas but I appreciate everyones input.
So what were the problems that the police had exactly? Public liability? Or just trying to protect you in the event of an incident.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #49
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Everyone settle down a bit please.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #50
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
I dont know if I fall into the killjoy or model citizen column

But your post earns the honor as the most pointless in this thread to date

The OP used the thread as a sounding board, the responces have been reasonably constructive for said board until your post, I think its mostly been on topic and civil
Do you still think the same now?

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #51
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661 View Post
Do you still think the same now?
Yea Ive had my spray at BadMax case closed

Old 06-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #52
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:

So, I'm not understanding. Were you served with this letter at the time you your refering to above? Or was it later? Have you had a talk to the actual officers at the reporting station over the matter to identify the independent issues regarding the use of the "burnout pad"?. Do that and see what the issues re & see if you can come up with a solution to them. As long as you are Practical about the matter & able to identify to the issues that have arisen.

Overcome this & you may even be able to make this a local sanctioned event just like any other burnout event.

Unfortunately it's the red tape we all have to deal with these days. All thanks to people who think they have been wronged & want to be compensated.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #53
burnz
VFII SS UTE

noise pollution residential not industrial, drag strip fine, not the backyard.

otherwise cant mow the lawn but can do a burnout on it.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #54
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver 45 View Post
So, I'm not understanding. Were you served with this letter at the time you your refering to above? Or was it later? Have you had a talk to the actual officers at the reporting station over the matter to identify the independent issues regarding the use of the "burnout pad"?. Do that and see what the issues re & see if you can come up with a solution to them. As long as you are Practical about the matter & able to identify to the issues that have arisen.

Overcome this & you may even be able to make this a local sanctioned event just like any other burnout event.

Unfortunately it's the red tape we all have to deal with these days. All thanks to people who think they have been wronged & want to be compensated.
We were given the letter about a month after the big event. When they showed up they said they pretty much said they can fine us for drink driving and stuff but can't do anything about the burnouts.

As i said before, a few police said it was a great idea because it keeps people from doing it on the street. We had people travelling from 3 hours away to use it and cars ranging from the mighty buick VN to purpose built supercharged v8 burnout cars and everyone loved it. Most off-street burnout events you can only have one or two goes where I myself had at least 10 goes and we all went from about 12pm to 5.30pm straight.

A local sanctioned event would be the last resort I would imagine if the owners would want to go down that route.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #55
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd say someone has complained otherwise I don't see why they would have done this.

Either due to noise or people entering/leaving inappropriately. Only takes one person after all.

And plenty of times people really take the **** with their neighbours. The common house party for instance. I'm sure I don't need to explain that in any detail.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #56
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Quote:

That is why you attracted the police attention.
It was not just a couple of people and their cars having a burnout in the back paddock. It was an organised event.
That makes a big difference to some of the post on here.
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #57
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hang on, this is sounding all too familiar. Is this 'Big V8' Leeroy's place down Gippsland way?
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #58
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry but those numbers aren't just a few mates you're lucky they didn't shut you down on the day. lets face it money or no money it was an unlicenced illegal burnout comp
Quote:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #59
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If its in the middle of nowhere then all good, but the main problem lately is noise.
A mate lives on 6 acres and most neighbours have a dirt bike or a paddock basher which is OK as most use them in moderation and are respectful of times. A new clown moved in and rides a performance quad from sun up to well after sundown every weekend and the neighbours are psissed hard.
A local law will get in that will stop it for very one.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #60
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Quote:
Hang on, this is sounding all too familiar. Is this 'Big V8' Leeroy's place down Gippsland way?
Nah mate we're on the other side of Vic.

I'm well aware that an LS1 on the limiter for a few minutes will carry a fair way and to the general public it would be annoying. We did also notify the police about the big event and they would have drove past a few times that day, so either someone would have complained or they are doing what they are as a precautionary measure.

Im not looking for a sympathy vote, the OP was me just asking for advise on what you guys thought about the legalities due to it being on a private property out of residential town boundries.