Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-11-2014, 06:13 AM   #31
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Default Re: HULK FRIDAY: you dont see any falcodores inner city? (other than cabs)

I like Potatoes ??
This user likes this post:
Old 29-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #32
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: HULK FRIDAY: you dont see any falcodores inner city? (other than cabs)

2 of my mates have Falcons as their daily, and another three have Commodores, i own a Falcon as well but its not a daily.

We don't live in the city though, but there are plenty of SUVs getting around here.
Old 29-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #33
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_ba View Post
What???

I don't think I have seen a post from you that makes sense yet...
whooshy whooshy noises

they go right over your head
6 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #34
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Ghia Mike View Post
But in an instant I saw Ford's dilemma of selling luxury models. Why would the average bloke on a reasonable wage aspire to own Ford's finest when they would be recognised as just a taxi in Sydney for instance?
I had work colleagues criticise me for buying an FG. (I am a Holden guy, but Ford do have a great product too).

One toffee-nose said he'd rather spend the same $$ on a 10 year old Mercedes Benz, rather than buy a "Taxi"

A German colleague retorted with "where I come from, Mercedes Benz is only taxi too" which shut him up real quick!
4 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #35
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Why oh why did you and your fellows not only click on it.....but felt like u had to make a stupid comment aswell. Every week these threads go just fine.....bar the ussual pack that love having a laugh at the expense of others.......

I actually think about the same thing everytime I drive into bris city. I notice the silver service G6 cabs the most everytime. Must have seen 5 or 6 tonight allready. Even had a shop keeper say to me the other day when she saw my EGO G6et parked out the front...." Wow that's a nice car". "It's just a falcon" I said......thinking how sad that was in reality.

Maybe that's your answer hulk.......it's nothing to be worried about because our cars are become very rare that people don't even know what they are when they're looking at them. I'm ok with that!
im sorry if you felt my comment was stupid
im sure you will get over it, in fact im sure youre over it already
but thanks for actually pointing it out to me and others how you felt
ill have a much better day today knowing youve got that off your chest

but by all means do exactly as i just did, make a comment about someones post, then pull them up on it and do the exact same thing
Old 29-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #36
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Hulk, there are several factors.
First of all, various councils and local governments over the years have made parking in the city virtually impossible, unless you go to a paid car park. Even then, the fees placed on these car park operators by council is so high, that to park all day you're looking at over $100.00.
Simply put, having a large car in the city is difficult, unless you have your own car spot.
Secondly, ****-factor. A lot of the inner city folk are vain, insecure elitists (why else would you want to live in a tiny apartment in the middle of the congestion). Most have a euro for the status that it imbibes amongst their peers. Pity most of these people are so mortgaged up to the back teeth that the least little hiccup tumbles their house of cards; if they're gonna have a car it needs to be something to make themselves appear more important than they really are. Ford or Holden are deemed as a wretched little domestic product with zero status amongst their equally vain, insecure, elitist friends. A prius has more status amongst these self appointed elite.

Oh, and most of these same people enjoy dressing in lycra and displaying their every bodily feature to the world as they ride an antiquated form of transport which has recently seen many roads ripped up to make way for the numerous bike lanes created in the name of Green, Gestapo'esque ideology.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 29-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #37
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
A German colleague retorted with "where I come from, Mercedes Benz is only taxi too" which shut him up real quick!
Yep, I've got two and they're known to me and my friends as the German Taxi's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
various councils and local governments over the years have made parking in the city virtually impossible,
Similar thing here in the Bush, the Council now has marked parking spaces.
If part of your car is over the line you cop a fine, apparently they must have used a medium sized car to work out the spaces as our old Fairlane had trouble fitting in them.

That, along with a lot of units in the city would only have a small garage were a normal (ie: Falcon ) wouldn't fit.
Old 29-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #38
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
After a honest week at work, is there anything better than a hulk thread to take the edge off?

Something thats been bugging me for a while is the lack of falcodores that you see in the inner city.. Other than cabs of course..

Drive in towards the inner sydney CBD and surrounding suburbs you just dont see falcons or commodores driving around (other than cabs).

When you do rarely see them you sort of know they are from the outer suburbs. I specifically have an eye for falcons/commodores as we all do... But you just dont see them.

Im hoping our members from other states can contribute and comment with regards to falcons seen in the Melbourne CBD, Brisbane CBD etc etc.

Are falcodores only for people that live on a big block of land and live on the outskirts? where traffic isnt as congested?

Drive out west of sydney and you will find falcons/commodores all over the place. Sometimes 2 and 3 in the same yard.
Can you provide some factual reference to this statement of yours other than driving around like blind Freddy.
Old 29-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #39
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

read it on the nertz - its facked
Old 29-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #40
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
That, along with a lot of units in the city would only have a small garage were a normal (ie: Falcon ) wouldn't fit.
Very true.

Even back in the 90s this issue was around - and out in suburbia too.

There was a new housing estate evolving near where I lived at the time. All of them were pre-selected house & land packages. The developers stitched it up real well with the project builders, and if you wanted a block, it had X house "designed" for it. Likewise if you wanted a particular house, they gave you a list of blocks it was locked in for.

Friends bought into one of these, and their 3 year old EA sedan wouldn't fit in the garage. The wagons & NA/DA were even longer, so god help one of those owners.... Their neighbour was actually featured in the local paper showing how his HZ poked around 500mm out of the garage when it was all the way in.

That being said, a mate of mine has an apartment in a tall block in Rockdale (south of Sydney) and it has a full 6m x 6m lock-up garage space. That's about 1/2 metre more each way than most project homes allow these days for a double garage. Some developers aren't so bad.
Old 29-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #41
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Can you provide some factual reference to this statement of yours other than driving around like blind Freddy.
Hulk would never drive around Drunk ..

His name is Joe by the way and come to think of it he would never be aloud to drink his latte's in a car as all the owners of these exotics he types about would probably not let him ?

Ever seen pic's of the cars he waffles on about ?

Neither has anyone else .. have a nice day
Old 29-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #42
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
whooshy whooshy noises

they go right over your head
You've lost me mate...
Old 29-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #43
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
Hulk, there are several factors.
First of all, various councils and local governments over the years have made parking in the city virtually impossible, unless you go to a paid car park. Even then, the fees placed on these car park operators by council is so high, that to park all day you're looking at over $100.00.
Simply put, having a large car in the city is difficult, unless you have your own car spot.
Secondly, ****-factor. A lot of the inner city folk are vain, insecure elitists (why else would you want to live in a tiny apartment in the middle of the congestion). Most have a euro for the status that it imbibes amongst their peers. Pity most of these people are so mortgaged up to the back teeth that the least little hiccup tumbles their house of cards; if they're gonna have a car it needs to be something to make themselves appear more important than they really are. Ford or Holden are deemed as a wretched little domestic product with zero status amongst their equally vain, insecure, elitist friends. A prius has more status amongst these self appointed elite.

Oh, and most of these same people enjoy dressing in lycra and displaying their every bodily feature to the world as they ride an antiquated form of transport which has recently seen many roads ripped up to make way for the numerous bike lanes created in the name of Green, Gestapo'esque ideology.
Contender for post of the year
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #44
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_ba View Post
You've lost me mate...
wasnt hard
Old 29-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #45
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
Look around you..
its a double parked, coffee at servos, check ma noo flat screen, imported soccer mum bs fest

happy motoring
Translating - it simply means that you will find the answer to Hulk's question in the calibre of the owner / driver of the vehicle which is usually double parked, has big TV's in the rear (SUV) for the kids as well as the big screen at home and you will usually find them at sporting complexes with their Faux 4x4's sipping Latte waiting for their precious progeny to finish their chosen sporting events. HTH

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2014, 06:37 PM   #46
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
I had work colleagues criticise me for buying an FG. (I am a Holden guy, but Ford do have a great product too).

One toffee-nose said he'd rather spend the same $$ on a 10 year old Mercedes Benz, rather than buy a "Taxi"

Is it just me or is the Falcon the best taxi in the world? Travelling abroad, the cars they use as taxis: sonata's, camrys, toyota crown comfort monstrosity, nissan goria, ford crown vic, toyota yaris, merc c-class, really make me miss home and forget about the exorbitant fares we pay to ride in the best taxi in the world: falcon. I would never pay aus taxi rates to ride in a camry or prius, I'd rather catch the bus or walk.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #47
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
I contribute way more than you to the forums...sell new parts very cheaply, promote discussion and participation with some light hearted car humour, add some info based on real experience.

you just keep sitting on the sidelines...contribute nothing worthy to help anyone, leech off the forums all the good info and make lowball offers on already cheap parts.. you think a valid contribution is to sling insults? ..give something back to the forums for once...dont be the bottomfeeder of the forums.
I can hear the personal blowing of a trumpet.
Where have I made a lowball offer on a cheap part?
Your the bottom feeder Hulk. Your head is so far up your own **** that all you would be able to eat is a good feed of bottom.
A person doesn't have to cackle on like a parrot to make a contribution.
In a lot of ways I feel very sorry for you. Your desire to be heard and to push your twisted view of reality on to people on many forums really shows you must have some very evil demons in your head.
I remember meeting you at AFD a couple of years ago.
You were sitting at your yellow XR8 with your little bum bag on polishing a wheel. I walked up and said "You would have to be Hulk". You put your head right down and wouldn't even look me in the eye.
You honestly reminded me of a scared little kid who would soil their pants if a paper bag was popped behind you.
You dish it out , call people bottom feeders and say society will be laughing at them but your don't like copping it back.
An old saying about glass houses and throwing stones seems to ring true here............................................
Old 29-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #48
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Is it just me or is the Falcon the best taxi in the world? Travelling abroad, the cars they use as taxis: sonata's, camrys, toyota crown comfort monstrosity, nissan goria, ford crown vic, toyota yaris, merc c-class, really make me miss home and forget about the exorbitant fares we pay to ride in the best taxi in the world: falcon. I would never pay aus taxi rates to ride in a camry or prius, I'd rather catch the bus or walk.
Nah just you!
2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #49
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
In my books the best taxis are in New York, the Cadillac Escalade.

Taxis there are as cheap as chips and it’s the reason you don’t need a car in Manhattan.

You can jump in and out of taxis all day to travel around and in the end it will cost you a fraction compared to owning a car.

Old 29-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #50
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
I can hear the personal blowing of a trumpet.
Where have I made a lowball offer on a cheap part?
Your the bottom feeder Hulk. Your head is so far up your own **** that all you would be able to eat is a good feed of bottom.
A person doesn't have to cackle on like a parrot to make a contribution.
In a lot of ways I feel very sorry for you. Your desire to be heard and to push your twisted view of reality on to people on many forums really shows you must have some very evil demons in your head.
I remember meeting you at AFD a couple of years ago.
You were sitting at your yellow XR8 with your little bum bag on polishing a wheel. I walked up and said "You would have to be Hulk". You put your head right down and wouldn't even look me in the eye.
You honestly reminded me of a scared little kid who would soil their pants if a paper bag was popped behind you.
You dish it out , call people bottom feeders and say society will be laughing at them but your don't like copping it back.
An old saying about glass houses and throwing stones seems to ring true here............................................
Ahh so that's why everything I write eats you up... I apparently didn't acknowledge you at afd a few years ago Lol.. I honestly don't remember you coming up to me.. I don't remember you at all and to be honest.. I don't own a bum bag nor have I ever owned/used one... Maybe you mistook me with someone else.. Anyone who knows me knows I'll talk to anyone and show them the courtesy/respect.

Anyhow just stop being so negative, participate, contribute and make reasonable offers on car parts.
Old 29-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #51
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace View Post

His name is Joe by the way and come to think of it he would never be aloud to drink his latte's in a car as all the owners of these exotics he types about would probably not let him ?

Ever seen pic's of the cars he waffles on about ?

Neither has anyone else .. have a nice day
People that know me have seen these cars.. Anyhow I'm lucky enough that I get to drive them. I always found it odd to buy two exact same cars the exact same colour..
Old 29-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #52
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

There seems to be a few people that should re read the site T&C's.

#3.... Posts that are disrespectful or insulting to another forum member. Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is expressed in a reasoned manner.
Old 29-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #53
Chopped
as in chopped

Unfortunately they both have a bogan image. I live in a western suburb and see heaps of them (many modified too) compared to the euros.
Old 29-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #54
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:

#3.... Posts that are disrespectful or insulting to another forum member. Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is expressed in a reasoned manner.
This is a fine line that is quite easily blurred by Hulk.

Are all his posts where he is calling people bottom feeders and basically putting across that people that drive an older Falcon are broke bogans that everyone looks down on not disrespectful or insulting to other forum members?

It honestly seems that he gets away with saying pretty much whatever he wants , no matter how he offends other people and nothing happens to him.
Old 29-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #55
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll be riding my bike down to Brisbane next Thursday, haven't been there for years. On the bike I always take a lot of notice of what's around me (naturally), so I'll have a squiz at what sorts of car are common. Will be interesting actually.
Old 29-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #56
Road Games

Lol.....
Old 29-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #57
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Seen a mad XC coupe today, painted orange with blackouts like a cobra. What was the thread topic.......?
Old 30-11-2014, 01:04 AM   #58
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
im sorry if you felt my comment was stupid
im sure you will get over it, in fact im sure youre over it already
but thanks for actually pointing it out to me and others how you felt
ill have a much better day today knowing youve got that off your chest

but by all means do exactly as i just did, make a comment about someones post, then pull them up on it and do the exact same thing
YEEEEAH......I'll see you next week
Old 30-11-2014, 01:20 AM   #59
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:

And yet the posts are still up........mixed in amoungst the on topic posts. WOW this place is awesome
Old 30-11-2014, 01:48 AM   #60
Brodes
Brodes

Adelaide northern 'burbs = falcodore haven, mainly Commos with cut springs & Chev badges though.
Closed Thread