Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 10:48 AM   #31
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Sprint wheels.

Hey hooter,

Different George

George
This user likes this post:
Old 01-07-2016, 11:30 AM   #32
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootar View Post
Arronm, Maybe your right and maybe your wrong, but I was wondering do you have any qualifications to give this advice?? Have you done the relevant testing and have the data results to sign off on all the safety requirements for this mod. Does George assume your prepared to take the rap and compensate Him or his family in the event of an accident or worse the death of someone if something goes wrong if he takes your advice. Could he even put a clause in his insurance policy: 'someone from AFForums said its ok'.
My experience tells me everything is fine until **** hits the fan and then your on your own. I'm just not sure I would place my livelihood in the hands of what someone said on a Forum however good his intentions were.
Cars are getting more hi tech and complex with every model change. As an owner it's up too you to make sure any modifications from standard are legal.

George a while ago you posted of the passion and commitment of Dave and Justin when you met them in Sydney. Well cycle myth has worked along side them. He has had access to all the relevant testing and data etc. For all we know he could have signed off on it. Both he and Justin have made it quite clear of what rims are suitable. It's up to you to decide which one to trust.
Dude, aftermarket wheels are fitted to cars everyday. Fitment and legality are two different things. What I can say ( as an engineer and a metallurgist) is that a quality set of forged wheels will out perform the low cost CAST wheels that a sprint has fitted in EVERY way.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
2 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #33
FPV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
^^^^
Swings and roundabouts.
This kind of banter has been going on in the forums since time immemorial.
Go back and read the T3 v Bseries GT and GT v F6 wars.......
You take a dose of concrete and develop a thick skin. You mature and you separate the wheat from the chaff.
Although many of us have an almost religious fervour about the cars we own and try to defend the choice when pushed , many of us also realize that it doesnt mean $/^#@ what others think or say. If you are comfortable about your own choices you dont need affirmation from an internetz forum.
This place serves as a bit of fun and rough and tumble and can also be a good reality check for some. Its full of &$/^#@ and opinion and can be a fun pitstop during a difficult day at work.
Look.for what you need and block the stuff you dont......
Agree totally with ya mate

What does get annoying however, is when the same thing is discussed back and forth, back and forth, like the 0-100km times of the GTS vs Sprint OK let’s get on with it, as its going know where,

then people become experts and talk about head winds and splitting atoms and what effect that has to a 10th of a second, and how there $200 crap of a GPS meter has a more accurate measure blah blah blah blah,

what this forum needs sometimes is moderators, however let’s not forget these dudes are volunteers to provide us a great forum like this.

So in closing your correct some clowns need to swallow a bit of hardener, other need to put down the degree in JACK ****** and every one appreciate what they have and what other have
Old 01-07-2016, 12:14 PM   #34
FPV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Hey hooter,

Different George

George

Old 01-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #35
FPV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootar View Post
Arronm, Maybe your right and maybe your wrong, but I was wondering do you have any qualifications to give this advice?? Have you done the relevant testing and have the data results to sign off on all the safety requirements for this mod. Does George assume your prepared to take the rap and compensate Him or his family in the event of an accident or worse the death of someone if something goes wrong if he takes your advice. Could he even put a clause in his insurance policy: 'someone from AFForums said its ok'.
My experience tells me everything is fine until **** hits the fan and then your on your own. I'm just not sure I would place my livelihood in the hands of what someone said on a Forum however good his intentions were.
Cars are getting more hi tech and complex with every model change. As an owner it's up too you to make sure any modifications from standard are legal.

George a while ago you posted of the passion and commitment of Dave and Justin when you met them in Sydney. Well cycle myth has worked along side them. He has had access to all the relevant testing and data etc. For all we know he could have signed off on it. Both he and Justin have made it quite clear of what rims are suitable. It's up to you to decide which one to trust.
I know automotive engineers work at Ford, right! but people can better their cars then what it came like from the factory,

just on the quite though, having said that, they can make a mess of it to, I’m referring to all the boy racers on the forum hello you little munchcans

Old 01-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #36
hootar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Hey hooter,

Different George

George
Sorry George, my bad. A Humble Thousand Apologies to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV6 View Post
Hey FPV6 I had a little laugh at George's response too

It's good for people to have a good laugh sometimes. Even if it was at my expense.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:15 PM   #37
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

These wheels are NOT vin protected.... GTE owners rejoice, 9" wheels for the masses !!!
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
Old 01-07-2016, 09:33 PM   #38
cycle myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
Dude, aftermarket wheels are fitted to cars everyday. Fitment and legality are two different things. What I can say ( as an engineer and a metallurgist) is that a quality set of forged wheels will out perform the low cost CAST wheels that a sprint has fitted in EVERY way.
You might be right or you might be wrong.

The only way you will really know is if you do all the testing done by Ford - and there were lots of tests.

If you can do that then good for you - if you can't then you are going to be test pilot in some situations when driving that you (and other road users) wish you weren't.

Good luck.

Ford don't use luck they test.
5 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2016, 09:41 PM   #39
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycle myth View Post
Good luck

Ford don't use luck they test.
Have they tested all the ZF milkshake flavours.....
Their milkshake brings all the cars to the yard.....da , da da, da.......
Sorry had to say it. Gotta have a laugh.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
2 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2016, 09:45 PM   #40
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

And the milkshake is just the start.

Cycle myth, I think we will let this one go , as I can see Ford and yourself with a lot of EGG on your face. cough "diff bush " cough.............

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 01-07-2016, 10:02 PM   #41
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Focus auto anyone ?
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
Old 01-07-2016, 10:34 PM   #42
cycle myth

Quote:
And the milkshake is just the start.

Cycle myth, I think we will let this one go , as I can see Ford and yourself with a lot of EGG on your face. cough "diff bush " cough.............
Oh, c'mon I was being nice.

I didn't say that all testing was flawless, and 100% of the time.

No manufacturer has that record.

However there was testing.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:42 PM   #43
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

You were nice?

I was being VERY nice...

Please dont try and compare a cast product with a forged item. Do you even understand the difference. Do you even realize what I do for a living....

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 01-07-2016, 10:53 PM   #44
hootar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Fitment and legality are two different things.
The best part about fishing, especially out west is you are always guaranteed a bite.

Dude. Thank you. In other words you are not qualified to legally guarantee Georgedb ( hopefully I got the right George this time ) fit 9's to the front of his Sprint.
I would assume a welder such as yourself would know better.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:56 PM   #45
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Dude, your post makes less sense than a child's nursery rhyme...

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 01-07-2016, 10:59 PM   #46
hootar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Do you even realize what I do for a living....
Um. Play with oneself
Old 01-07-2016, 11:04 PM   #47
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

I remember when I was 12.

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 01-07-2016, 11:57 PM   #48
david white

You were right John - Pizza Shop !!!!
Old 02-07-2016, 12:03 AM   #49
Trump
bitch lasagne

Enough with the personal barbs, back on topic.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Old 02-07-2016, 12:13 AM   #50
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 02-07-2016, 06:14 PM   #51
david white

It looks like this thread is trying to out do the other Sprint thread on the
Stupidometer ! First point , we all know that Ford had a very limited developement budget for the Sprint , so this alone would eliminate any possibility of a forged rim , if not in the actual item cost , then certainly in the testing and developement cost , and i doubt they would even have had time , given that these cars have to be all gone by Oct ! Secondly , Ford are closing down , why would they not use up their parts bin stock ? Simple common sense really ! Did any of you really expect Ford to test and develop a complete new rim package for a run of 1300 cars ? Is that how you run your business ? If it is , i'm surprised you can even afford a Sprint ! As for fitting after market rims , of course it can be done , but only a fool would do it without fully understanding the follow on effects on other parts of the vehicle ! They call this testing ! Since a significant part of the Sprint developement budget was spent on fine tuning a complete wheel / tire / spring / damper package , i think it's reasonable to expect that such a fine tuned system could react adversely to radical change ! And remember , our engineers have to comply with Fords global standards in ride quality and durability , and Ford have to warranty it , something none of you mind jumping on them for ( cough , diff bush , cough )
I'd love to know what kind of engineering degree you have Arron that enables you to process all this information , without even having a Sprint , without even knowing what rims the guy had in mind , and while still querying the offsets , do all this on a web based forum in under 5 min , and boldly state that a 9 in front rim will work fine , when it took our team of dumb **** Ford engineers 2 years to come up with their package , and you did it all on your own ! ( Maybe Hooter was right about what else you do on your own ) Maybe next time you're in Melbourne , you could drop past Broadmeadows and set these guys straight ! I could even organize a seminar for you if you like , get ALL the Ford engineers , mavbe Rob Herrod , Bernie Quinn , coz obviously those guys wouldn't know much either , might even be a few HSV engineers could use your skills - wow , what a rocket the last HSV would be then !
Maybe i'll just cancel my Sprint , get an old FG taxi bodyshell , and you can show me how to build a real car !
Cheers
2 users like this post:
Old 02-07-2016, 06:51 PM   #52
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Well if you want it straight , here is is. HSV engineers put together cars far superior than Ford or FPV have ever done

Give me a FG shell and a parts catologue and I could build a far superior car than ford Australia ever has

You only have to take a look at the some of the other cars on this forum that have been built

My car would have light weight forged rims, coil over shocks, AP racing brakes. Both V8 and 6 would have large inter coolers. The rear diff bush would be redesigned similar to the existing weld in twin top mount bush.

The interior would have all the cutting edge safety features centering around a large icc screen. And most important , heads up display
And that's just a start

2 years to add an inch to a rear rim. Must have had a lot of sick days

Not only do I understand the engineering principles but I am very familiar with the metals used

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Last edited by arronm; 02-07-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:59 PM   #53
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

I think it best I wind this up here.

The original query has been answered.
The Sprints have 19x8 front and 19x9 rear wheels not the 1/2" larger sizes in some documents.

Ford offer only 2 patterns in that size that they have tested and will recommend.

If you want to fit something else you can, even legally, and there are wheels out there that are better and worse than the factory items. Advice on suitable offsets that both remain legal and have been shown time and time again to fit FG's has been provided.

Make your choice if your lucky enough to have a Sprint with what to fit to yours or just leave it original.

We're done here.

Thread closed !
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread