Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Nissan Titan For Australia ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
India,most Sth African countries,UK,Aust New Zealand, Indonesia and a few smaller Commonwealth countries!So collectivly a fairly big market.
In terms of global sales RHD is fairly small.

Ford are flat out just trying to satisfy demand for the F series in North America that building RHD F series is just a massive waste of time and money for them.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-10-2017, 09:55 PM   #32
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
India,most Sth African countries,UK,Aust New Zealand, Indonesia and a few smaller Commonwealth countries!So collectivly a fairly big market.
I stand by my comment. No real rhd market unless India takes a large chunk.
Old 30-10-2017, 10:25 PM   #33
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I,m not disputing that the RHD market is a lot smaller than LHD,but because Nissan will set up both RHD &LHD *** lines the cost difference at manufacturing time will be virtually the same for both.Because the Yanks aren,t interested in the RHD market the cost to get a RHD American vehicle is substantually higher than if it was originally made in that configuration
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #34
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Big pickups with factory RHD are overdue for Australia, I think. As much as I love them, it is also something I may not enjoy seeing become so popular. I think the shift to pickups as family vehicles and the new boys' toys means it will be eventually become a big market, before big engines die off in the future as we're constantly being told.

Whoever takes the risk to do it first might get in early and make some $$$. A big problem will be price. They will obviously be sold at a premium due to being larger vehicles, and it may be an obstacle, so they might get optioned-up for local sale.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2017, 11:01 PM   #35
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
I,m not disputing that the RHD market is a lot smaller than LHD,but because Nissan will set up both RHD &LHD *** lines the cost difference at manufacturing time will be virtually the same for both.Because the Yanks aren,t interested in the RHD market the cost to get a RHD American vehicle is substantually higher than if it was originally made in that configuration
The assembly line will be a fraction of the cost if the design hasn't been taken into consideration from the initial design stage.