Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #31
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Had one at work, started this sales pitch that I didn't listen to, turned back to the phone and went "What was that?"

Started it all over again. This pitch went on for 5 minutes, so that's ten minutes total... went "Sorry, can you repeat that?"

He started again, would you believe it? I hung up.
Old 27-09-2005, 07:41 PM   #32
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just say "no speaka engrish" and hang up
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 11:54 PM   #33
XT UTE 68
GIVIT Rally 84 BARRA XE

I had one guy who I had going for a while from india, He told me all about how great india was as a tourist destination as I kept asking him all these questions about it. I told him I'd go if he sent a taxi round to my house to take me to the airport straight away, free air tickets and that I could bunk down at his house in india,

He then put on his supervisor cause I was losing him a bit. I told the supervisor that he had agreed to the above. The supervisor replied "he's not allowed to tell you that"

Funny as
XE BARRA - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11382891 - 2007 GER Via Birdsville, 2008 via Broken Hill, 2009 via Cape York, 2012 via Karumba, 2014 via Innamincka, 2016 GIVIT RBR, 2017 via Boulia, 2018 Via Mighty Murray, 2019 Via Dig Tree, 2020 Via Thargomindah, 2021 Via Lawn Hill Gorge, 2023 Westmar - Gunnedah

Sponsors, London Fire & Safe www.fireextinguisher-and-safes.com, G&D exhausts and suspension Beenleigh , Beenleigh Bob Jane
XT UTE 68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 12:02 AM   #34
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT UTE 68
I had one guy who I had going for a while from india, He told me all about how great india was as a tourist destination as I kept asking him all these questions about it. I told him I'd go if he sent a taxi round to my house to take me to the airport straight away, free air tickets and that I could bunk down at his house in india,

He then put on his supervisor cause I was losing him a bit. I told the supervisor that he had agreed to the above. The supervisor replied "he's not allowed to tell you that"

hahaha, i get these with a private number! I'll be trying this telecrapper 2000! :
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 12:19 AM   #35
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mm i get these always in the afternoon,
theyll started "hello is mr h....." *click*

sometimes its important, other times its completely wierd
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 09:17 AM   #36
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Your best option is to ring Telstra and ask to change your number to a number that has never been used. If your lucky and one exists in your area get it and make it silent straight away. Never been used means it wont be on any telemorons lists. Keep it silent and say bye bye to those annoying calls.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 09:59 AM   #37
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Dont get agry mate get even

For a period of months I used to tell them where to go.... and alsways international calls..

So finally... Oh yes, I am very interested, could just hold on for a minute, I have something on the stove I need to turn off, I gently put down the phone and go back to AFF...

Funny to hear them shouting Hello Hello....after a couple of mintues, some have even held on for 10 minutes after I have gone back and told them to hold on I spilt the milk...

Have not got a call for ages now.....
Freaky. Thats exactly what I do too.

"Is this the manager?"
"Yes"
-Puts the phone down-
"Yadda yadda yadda spiel spiel spiel"
10 minutes later
beep beep beep beep beep

Once I played Slim Whitman MP3's at them for 10 minutes. Nothing gets em excited like a bit of yodelling.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post