Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-02-2005, 01:35 PM   #31
JR.
Once more with feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
Elaborating further, if David couldn't demand what was required from FoMoCo, then maybe somebody else could. GM wouldn't just give HSV the LS7 without some good head-strong people representing them (i.e. Hanenberger and Crennan).
Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't one of the prerequisites of Walkinshaw getting a renewal of his contract for HSV (and have them continue as Holdens performance arm) that Crennan NOT be in charge anymore.

I thought Holden had had enough of him and HSV had to create some bullshit position for him now so it looks like he's been promoted but it's really to get him out of the day to day running of the company?
Old 16-02-2005, 01:46 PM   #32
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR.
Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't one of the prerequisites of Walkinshaw getting a renewal of his contract for HSV (and have them continue as Holdens performance arm) that Crennan NOT be in charge anymore.

I thought Holden had had enough of him and HSV had to create some bullshit position for him now so it looks like he's been promoted but it's really to get him out of the day to day running of the company?
JC is chairman of HSV. If that's a demotion, I'll gladly take that BS position anyday... along with the salary, remuneration...

All the work that JC had done up until his 'promotion' included the sowing of seeds for more exciting product to come from HSV. ATM, we don't know how FPV will rise to that challenge.. but whichever way you look at it, new powertrains will have to come from the US...

Last edited by SSbaby; 16-02-2005 at 01:49 PM.
SSbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 01:55 PM   #33
JR.
Once more with feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
JC is chairman of HSV. If that's a demotion, I'll gladly take that BS position anyday... along with the salary, remuneration...
I didn't say a demotion. I said he'd been shuffled sideways.

So if he's the Chairman, who is the CEO nowadays?
Old 16-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #34
SSbaby
Banned

Good question. I don't know if HSV have announced anyone, yet?
Old 16-02-2005, 02:12 PM   #35
Fab
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It says in AutoAction that possible candidates for the role are Neil Crompton and John Bowe.
Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 02:16 PM   #36
HSE2

Well I see the man himself is here so perhaps the truth will come out.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 02:17 PM   #37
james

JB or Crompton would be good.

if that did happen maybe we would get some good cars.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 02:25 PM   #38
MRJUCY
Fordless

I think JB would be fantastic but unfortunately I think he'd have to retire from racing to take up the job but wouldn't it be great to see the boss of FPV driving his own product in the Targa Tasmania etc.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 02:29 PM   #39
Happy Jack
Happy Jack

Default Reports of my death have been exagerated

Guys,
Thanks for all the kind words and the not so kind since I obviously made an impression. A boss once told me "you may not like me, but you will never forget me". He was right on both counts.
Anyway, Autofiction have never been known to let the facts get in the way of a good story.
I am planning to retire and we are looking at the organisation of all of the entities here in Australia since currently, I am responsible for all each of them. Nothing David has done is planned to, or will accelerate that. By the end of 2006, God willing, I will pack up my wrenches and head for the hills.
We are not being rushed into anything and David is certainly not swinging a big axe. John Russell resigned his post. He was not sacked. He left for his own reasons.
We need to appoint the right people and we will take our time to find them. I am part of that process being currently the keeper of the flame(s) and I promise that we will find them.
I would rather not get into further dialogue on this. Its a distraction that we can do without. Again, thanks for your support.
Have, Fun!
Happy Jack
Happy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 02:31 PM   #40
paul7v7
bring it on

thanks for the clarification there David.
Old 16-02-2005, 02:32 PM   #41
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

yes great David thanks for the showing, all the best in finding the "right" ppl......
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #42
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
You guys will look for any opportunity for some unecessary Tickford vs FPV rhetoric. Leave it rest!!!
good call..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #43
HSE2

.Thanks David

Hopefully those Hills are here in Aust. Kind of funny that when the shoe is on the other foot the media have no responsibility to clarify or apologies for erroneous reports. Some would call that arrogance.

It’s got to get better
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 02:41 PM   #44
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
buried himself with bullshit.

Ford owners been putting up with it for too long.

typhoon final nail in coffin.

my 2 cents
Hi Chris, you dont beat around the bush. Short & to the point as usual.

What's required to put the blue oval out in front again. Who's got the balls to implement the changes if Flint is gone, he admitted he didn't want a power war.Like it or not Ford/FPV are in one. Take the 2 main rivals HSV & FPV, what makes one better than the other. HSV has the straight line speed that FPV needs so badly, dont know how the aftermarket service with HSV is but it probally wouldn't be to hard to beat FPV's. Asides from that they are pretty much equal.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 02:42 PM   #45
WASP
Whipple Induced

Good to hear the news is just a beat-up rumour. Leaving FPV like that would just not be right.

Last edited by WASP; 16-02-2005 at 04:32 PM.
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 02:43 PM   #46
JR.
Once more with feeling

Thanks for clearing that up HJ! Good to hear it was total bullshit.

BTW, congrats on your first post on the new forums
Old 16-02-2005, 02:55 PM   #47
XRchic
Hello

Thanks David. And best of luck for your retirement!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 03:02 PM   #48
MRJUCY
Fordless

Good to hear that your staying a little longer especially after all you've put into the company you deserve to leave on your own terms.

I do have one question tho when you do retire next year do you plan on staying in Australia or will you be heading off back home.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 03:04 PM   #49
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

David

You know there is room in the www.fordforums.com.au tent this FPV day for a coffee and snack (yes we did shut off the machine before you got there last year)

For the time that I have been involved with the club, Tickford and FPV I thank you for taking the time to acknowledging the car clubs, the forums and fanatics.

With the fresh air of those hills, I hope you can light back up those cubans, or have you already done that?

There are some big **** shoes to fill, and we as a forum, will stand behind FPV as they move into the future

I wouldnt take to heart comments like Chris btw, but sometimes its easier to be a keyboard warrior that to take the time to actually speak to you, only then would one understand the passion and hurdles that you truely have.

All the best

Last edited by Laminge; 16-02-2005 at 03:11 PM.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #50
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lets see, retirement at the end of 2006....
That means that any political fallout from an extremely powerful supercar would be "SOMEBODY ELSE'S PROBLEM".

How about a Grand Tourer Happyjack Option to give us something to tell our grandkids about.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 05:26 PM   #51
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Reading between the lines a bit, It looks like David will be going as soon as they have a replacment for him. BTW I hope its not Cromley.. Just my opinion......

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #52
T3man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
Reading between the lines a bit, It looks like David will be going as soon as they have a replacment for him. BTW I hope its not Cromley.. Just my opinion......
I kinda read it that way too - John Bowe would be the man! He is due to retire from V8Supercars very soon I expect and it would be good for him to take the helm at FPV and concentrate on building good road cars and limiting his driving to running them in GTP and Targa.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 06:53 PM   #53
rodderz

Great to hear David respond in his own words...much better to hear from the horses mouth rather than go off inuendo and banter put foreward by others

I believe Dave has done a great job at both Tickford & FPV..... they certainly are familiar and popular brands amongst Australians. While there has been some problems, lets face which business doesnt encounter dramas along it's path, and to Tickford/FPV's credit problems have been addressed in a professional manner. Take for example David ringing up Doc the other day to sort out his typhoon dramas...great stuff

While he has said he isnt retiring as yet, I wish him the best luck in his remainder of employment at FPV (and FPR) and a happy retirement afterwards. Hopefully he continues to drop in after then too!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 06:55 PM   #54
b2tf
not here much anymore

Interesting stuff, i agree that Neil Crompton does not seem to be the ideal choice on face value.

JB would be alright, nevertheless i am sure theyll find someone who they think is up to the task.

Actually, i work for Ford now, can i have a promotion?! :
Old 16-02-2005, 07:10 PM   #55
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Great to hear David respond in his own words...much better to hear from the horses mouth rather than go off inuendo and banter put foreward by others

I believe Dave has done a great job at both Tickford & FPV..... they certainly are familiar and popular brands amongst Australians. While there has been some problems, lets face which business doesnt encounter dramas along it's path, and to Tickford/FPV's credit problems have been addressed in a professional manner. Take for example David ringing up Doc the other day to sort out his typhoon dramas...great stuff

While he has said he isnt retiring as yet, I wish him the best luck in his remainder of employment at FPV (and FPR) and a happy retirement afterwards. Hopefully he continues to drop in after then too!
Well put Rodderz! And recognition of a big effort by David in a difficult position !!!!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 07:49 PM   #56
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Good to hear from the man himself. It would be a diabolical outcome if he were to get the axe from Prodrive.

I am still scratching my head as to exactly what Prodrive has done, DIRECTLY, in the growth of the FPV entity. They certainly haven't supplied any "technical expertise" from their much-lauded WRC experienced engineers etc., and have appeared to hold exactly 2/5ths of **** all interest in the products and the market over here. What are they hoping to achieve with their stakeholding? Buggered if I know... and this is certainly one area where the long dead FTE concept creams them - direction.
Old 16-02-2005, 08:01 PM   #57
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about a Grand Tourer Happyjack Option to give us something to tell our grandkids about.....[/QUOTe

F6 Typhoon +1 with second turbo 20" wheels tubbed slammed & stripped V8 supercar driveline (clutch)all for just 59K drive away no more to pay.
That would get their attention.

Seriously though and simply put THANK YOU HAPPY.
Old 16-02-2005, 08:26 PM   #58
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Well thankyou HJ for taking the time to releave us with the truth behind this matter, firstly I'd like to say thankyou for all the product's and time you and your employee's have given us true blooded Ford fan's over the yr's, it may have taken a little time to take the fight up to the opposistion but in the end we got there, the Tickford/FPV product has been a fine product over the yr's and it is bloke's like you that we as consumer's need to thank for our exictment, I myself have one of those product's and it give's me great delight every time I drive this vehicle, I just hope the person taking the relm's at FPV has the nack and persona to tackle this war that we are in, just as you did, all the best mate.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 08:33 PM   #59
irsa76
Snoopping

I seriously doubt that either Crompton or Bowe are being considered to run FPV. Unless Crompton has some hidden experience in running a major company, he is simply a former driver turned mouth piece. While JB's forte is more in developement and customer liason, I don't think that he has the required experience in running a company like FPV despite owning a car dealership. I think that the new boss will probably be either from Ford itself or from Prodrive.
irsa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #60
Tickford Kid
Formerly known as TS 50

Sure makes for some intersesting conversations next week in Melbourne for everyone going to the FPV day.
BLUEPRINT T3 TS50 #109, MANUAL WITH BREMBOS
Tickford Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post