Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 06:59 AM   #31
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT290
I took one look at him and I could swear he was on somthing, might be wrong but gees I was ИИИИed.
So you didn't think to report this driver to the police at the time?
Old 03-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #32
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII XR8 MAN
So you didn't think to report this driver to the police at the time?
Quite right, maybe I should have.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:45 PM   #33
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

would just like to add for the bennifit of a couple who seem to think that it was just a few stones.

I have trvelled around nearly the whole of Aussi NT, QLD, WA, NSW, TAS both highway and bush. I am not some one who squeals at the drop of a hat when a stone hits my car, nor do I take anger out towards truckies at just anything. I have chatted to them driven behind them pased around them and in front of them watched them disapear in my mirror with friendly wave. What this guy did was a total act of wrecklessnes regardless of wether he knew I was behind him or not. I understand what drivers go through to meet with there demands as truckies. I was on a great peice of wide road that did not require him to veer off to give room to on comming, as far and excessive as he did. I have had stone chips, hit kangaroos and yep...its life. but when a blatent act of carlesness is done like that I will make some one accountable. I don't care about what hours and time frame truckies have to work to. there are rules that govern these issues of fatigue etc... and like evry one else they should adhere to them. Its what makes a safe road for all to use.
Old 26-05-2006, 02:50 AM   #34
scrubber
KICK START

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfin
This is true in most cases, being a driver myself, and a car enthusiast, I hate being behind what I drive. But noting the time, place and rego is generally enough to have your ride fixed. Believe me, it's worse for motorcyclists. Them stones Fxxxxn hurt... :sm_headba
yeah those stones do hurt, got a few broken teeth to prove it too
Old 20-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #35
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 

Me and a mate were driving to Canberra once to go to summernats a year ago when I was on back on the high way after murumbateman doing 100km with my mate behind me I came across a trailer jockey wheel cartwheeling towards me head on and somehow missing me by bouncing over me and bouncing again b4 my mates car taking his left side rear view Mirror straight off!.. All I have to say was what a 5 seconds that was!... All happened so quickly but can remember it all in slow motion DVD clear seeing that thing cone towards me.. My mate on the other hand was pretty ****ed off and also as greatfull as I was that it didn't go straight through the front window.. I still remember the white Nissan patrol with a box trailer flying past with that surprise following it
Old 20-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #36
EF Hoon
Sideways in my 33!

holy thread revival!
Old 20-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #37
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 

Also was in my mates car coming home from blowering dam in a triton following a truck when out of nowhere being behind this truck spat out a kangaroo making a thud with a huge blood mess over the car.. Front two windows were open
Old 20-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #38
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvgtp255
Also was in my mates car coming home from blowering dam in a triton following a truck when out of nowhere being behind this truck spat out a kangaroo making a thud with a huge blood mess over the car.. Front two windows were open
That has to be on of the most weirdest things I've ever heard!
Closed Thread