Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-03-2005, 04:44 PM   #31
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
The Police should have a big water truck like they use in Europe, big fire hose spray them down, they will soon go home ...
wouldnt work though. as soon as the water truck come out, word would get around about 'free showers' and youd get more povo scum coming out to have their monthly wash. :
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 04:57 PM   #32
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_XLS_Ute
Mrs Casper, thing is though, the parents of these kids have lost control of them.
Yes, they have. So who's fault is that? Its the parents. They have allowed this to happen, and now it is.
I place blame squarely on the individuals themselves. The parents, the very people who have the responsibility of guiding these kids, have failed miserably and now want to blame anyone and anything they can. Its pathetic.
Now they are crying for help but its too late. They failed and now are paying for it.
Would you stand by and let a kid play with matches then cry poor when the kid has burnt down the house? No, you take the matches off them first. They didnt, they let it all happen and now that its all gone to hell they want to get help to stop it?
Personally I have no sympathy for them at all.

I too came from an underprivledged and broken home. I have worked for everything I have and am proud of it. So why did I turn out different to these kids? Wasnt because I had more money, wasnt because I had more contacts. It was because my parents instilled in me a sense of self worth, pride and determination to succeed.

So yes, I blame the parents, totally, utterly and completely.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 05:20 PM   #33
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Couldn't agree with you more Casper.

Got nothing else to say now. It's all been summed up.
Old 14-03-2005, 05:44 PM   #34
HOON69
Banned

overall i reckon everyone is at fault

the kids for not doing the "right" thing and by breaking the law and flaunting it.

the police for allowing it to go on for days on end(i would of called in half of sydneys police force did a full circle around em and arrested em all in one swoop not 4-5 days)

the department of families cause they have to be the most BS department in the goverment and turning a blind eye to the parents aND their children.

and the goverment and justice system for going leniant on these type of issues,im of the opinion a problem should be nipped in the butt right of the bat,and the welfare/juvenile justice/goverment systems have had this problem since the 80's really,so in a sense yes it comes down to the kids,but if all these departments got together 20yrs ago you wouldnt have hundreds of housing commission homes in the one area run by drug n drunk thugs...
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 05:51 PM   #35
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Thing is I lived in an area that was 100's of commission houses in one area. Thats all there were. Instead of crime we had a community of socio-economic equals that all pitched in to help each other and each others kids. It was one of the best childhoods I could have asked for. We were not rich, or even middle class. We were just like these people.... So what makes them any different?
Its simply a matter of attitude and wanting to be more than we were at the time.
I have heard from a number of the kids I grew up with over the years. The majority are now anywhere from std middle class (like I consider myself) to one that is a multi millionaire living in Monoco.
Same background, different values and ethics... and for that I thank my parents.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 06:23 PM   #36
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
The Police should have a big water truck like they use in Europe, big fire hose spray them down, they will soon go home ...
Not enough water here to even be able to wash the car with a hose. Why dont we spray these lo-lifes with crap instead, thats something NSW government hasn't got a shortage of. :ticking:
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 06:41 PM   #37
Walkinshaw
Two > One

As my yr10 science teacher use to call it. These people need a serious "Attitude readjustment lesson". In my case in yr10 it was a small reminder and talking to. In this case, its easy to single out the trouble makers. At night, whoever is on the streets acting up.

As said above watercannons could be used such as in europe. However instead of water, how about some sort of sterilising agent?

As Casper and others have alluded to, its a general attitude (parents) problem that causes this. Like casper said, people have lived in similar socio-ecconomic areas and havent been involved in "rioting" theft and voilence. Poverty is no excuse for violence and it is certainly not an excuse for not respecting the laws set down for EVERYBODY.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 06:54 PM   #38
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Thing is I lived in an area that was 100's of commission houses in one area. Thats all there were. Instead of crime we had a community of socio-economic equals that all pitched in to help each other and each others kids. It was one of the best childhoods I could have asked for. We were not rich, or even middle class. We were just like these people.... So what makes them any different?
Its simply a matter of attitude and wanting to be more than we were at the time.
I have heard from a number of the kids I grew up with over the years. The majority are now anywhere from std middle class (like I consider myself) to one that is a multi millionaire living in Monoco.
Same background, different values and ethics... and for that I thank my parents.
yes very true you can live in a nice laid back suburb full of housing commission houses and come out on top when ya grown up..

but we aint taLking about a luv my neighbourville (sorry for the punt)
redfern,mt druitt,macquarie fields aint like them suburbs you grew up in,some ppl dont have a choice where they live (if you know housing you take what ya given or miss out)

not that its a excuse etc but not everyone had caring parents (which brings it back to the parents) and the welfare system..

btw i lived in redfern used to hang with the redfern boys,lived half my life in mt druitt early 80's to 90's and it wasnt the peachiest place to live,i guess you just have to have the will power to break outta the system but these guys dont...
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #39
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Not enough water here to even be able to wash the car with a hose. Why dont we spray these lo-lifes with crap instead, thats something NSW government hasn't got a shortage of. :ticking:
Sewer water there's plenty of that around..
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 07:57 PM   #40
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
I felt like diving throught the tv and slapping the shit out of the kid that was saying that the fact they stole the car 'wasnt the point' and that stealing a car 'beats walking', 'they had to get home from their girlfriends house somehow'
Please be joking.....

This is why I'm not a copper. I would of had a mountain of paper work on my desk the next morning from all the rounds I would of put into the crowd.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 08:41 PM   #41
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i wish i was joking psycho......
Old 14-03-2005, 10:36 PM   #42
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
What ****ed me off was the fact that they didn't hold the driver of the car to blame for what happened, it was all the cop's fault. wtf !?!? There didn't appear to be any animosity to the driver at all. How does that work out ?
Because it was alledged(sp) the coppers ran them off the road.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 10:54 PM   #43
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
This is why I'm not a copper. I would of had a mountain of paper work on my desk the next morning from all the rounds I would of put into the crowd.
You and me both. If it weren't for the stupid levels of observation, political correctness, and over-accountability, events like this would be definitely enough to get me in a SWAT uniform and go crack some dero skulls.

I have very little sympathy for the young people there, I have known a lot of others who grew up in similiar circumstances who consciously decided to make something of themselves, and got off their ****, and did so. They didn't sit around whinging about things being everybody elses fault, or going out to commit petty crimes for their own convenience (stealing a car "beats walking"?).

My message to them in point form :
* Pull your own sorry ***** out of the gutter because nobody else will
* Take some responsibility for your actions and stop blaming everyone else
* Learn some respect and you might just get some back
* Keep up your stupid bullshit and you WILL get slammed, and we will all be happy.
Old 14-03-2005, 10:58 PM   #44
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
You and me both. If it weren't for the stupid levels of observation, political correctness, and over-accountability, events like this would be definitely enough to get me in a SWAT uniform and go crack some dero skulls.

I have very little sympathy for the young people there, I have known a lot of others who grew up in similiar circumstances who consciously decided to make something of themselves, and got off their ****, and did so. They didn't sit around whinging about things being everybody elses fault, or going out to commit petty crimes for their own convenience (stealing a car "beats walking"?).

My message to them in point form :
* Pull your own sorry ***** out of the gutter because nobody else will
* Take some responsibility for your actions and stop blaming everyone else
* Learn some respect and you might just get some back
* Keep up your stupid bullshit and you WILL get slammed, and we will all be happy.
HEAR,HEAR,well said.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 12:20 AM   #45
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

im with sparky here.

as to the people who said that they dont know any better...

sorry but its a load of BS!!! ive lived in bad areas all my life, for all you SA people here, ive lived in mainly Elizabeth and Mansfield Park. now theres alot of crime, drugs, prostitution etc going on around here and has eben all through my child hood, i used to hang out with teh wrong crowd while i was growing up and i did get into a bit of trouble, but i dont use that as an excuse for anything, if i grew up with all them bad influences around me and still come out alright tehn why the hell cant these people

its like at work, they wont help us if we cant help ourselves first. most of tehm like living the way they do, if they didnt they would pull their fingers out, and they would make something out fo their lives.

alot of them say we've tried to change, obviously they havent been trying hard enough.

personaly if they think that stealing a car beats walking and its not the point in teh whole matter then they all need a big wake up call.

if some punk wants to steal a car and then run from the cops cause of it, then whatever happens to them is their own fault.

and if their mates want to jump into that stolen car then they too deserve what they get, obviously a person with an average IQ would come to the conclusion that getting into a stolen car is a big no no, and by doing so will get you into trouble.

imho the cops were just doing their job, if they let the punks go then its sending out a message to them telling them that they can get away with it so they will be more inclined to do it again and again....

the laws are way too soft these days, im just glad im not there atm, cause if any of my friends were acting like that id be right in there slappin some sense into them. after all if you dont break teh law you wont get into trouble with the police.....simple as that.

so dont be blamin any one else but the people themselves, cause in the end its all up to them. they want to do something stupid, let them feel the full force of the law.

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 12:43 AM   #46
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

i agree with what you said, appart from

Quote:
Originally Posted by champsky
after all if you dont break teh law you wont get into trouble with the police.....simple as that.
but i wont go into it...